Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if the operator grow up? :) Spoiler :P

Vlada91

I believe everyone got their point of view with the operator; the fact is some people doesn´t want him, want him to grow up, want more addons for the body, or just change him into energy shadow, fire, wind etc. At the end i believe the people behind the keyboards or consoles are the real tenno operators so is obvious some people want to feel more connected to the operator. And some can even care less about it.

So maybe adding some choices like: to be a teenager, adult, void energy. would make the people more connected to it. I´ve considered the energy, fire, shadows. Because of the people that doesn´t want to see the boy. And i personally believe i would be cool to see a silhoutte of fire for example instead of the boy. Or even the choice to not see it at all and the warframes do all the transcendence mode by themselves. I don´t know... but....

Adele-Hello-Video-clip-Photos-8.jpg

Can you heear me? XD.

My theory is, the operators died on the void craft during the years waiting for rescue. They are just kept "alive" by the void energy like corrupted Vor.

Also the Orokin were likely not immortal for they need this "continuity" mentioned in TWW. In Teshin's words, "young and exotic" marched that mountain pass up into the cave, only to be possessed by old and creepy Orokin and became their new body, just like the queens tried to do. Orokin's little dirty secret.

Edited by prot0mega

11 hours ago, Lakais said:

Though I like the idea. I doubt it will ever happen. Lore wise, it's possible that if Void didn't turn us Immortal, the Orokin did. Teshin Dax is FROM the Orokin era. He's HUMAN (or as close as we can get) and that makes him at least half a millennia old. If not a full 1K. 

Practically, DE has stated many times that they went with the children as operators route to counter-balance the warframes. the fragility of kids opposite the nigh-immortal warrior demigods that the frames are. Basically they were implemented as contrast. 

Reveal hidden contents

I actually have a sort of interesting idea that CAN work in the current lore. Basically not all Tenno are Zariman kids. Some are later creations by the Orokin for more soldiers. In the Second Dream, the voice of Ballas says "it's about the rejects we consigned to Lua" referencing us being locked away on the moon on Transference research. Note that they used the word "rejects". Leaves open the possibility that some of these kids managed to contain and control their void powers during that time. They were useful and thus they became the first "Tenno", Orokin's own personal grim reapers. These first warriors could of become the source for the first Frames, those essentially being "copies" of the First Generation Tenno. No need to reinvent the wheel, you got examples of warriors who could use Void energies, perfect templates. 

There is also a possibility that the void powers were given to grown up warriors. Essentially creating a First Generation Tenno. But when Transference became a thing, this stopped, because a kid in a chair remote-controlling a golem is easier to control and contain then an "all-in-one" superkiller. Why I think this is possible is because Teshin, despite not being a Tenno, can channel. You see it when fighting him in The War Within. Void abilities are not exclusive to Zariman victims. 

So my theory is that there are two broad generations of "Tenno". First Gen were void-powered warriors, personally in the field, these are either rare, extinct or common enough not to warrant mention by anyone. Second Gen are Operators with warframe proxies, us. 

Consider what the Orokin thought of the Tenno. Abominations, horrors, devils. Would YOU make them immortal? Nah, best to shove them in the freezer, since we can be cryogenically frozen AND control our Warframes just fine. Also, there is the point of multiple paths to immortality. If you look at the biological reason we age, it's because every time our cells divide, they don't divide perfectly. They are supposed to do a perfect copy of our DNA on each cell, but they fail. Minute changes, indistinguishable at first, mounting after thousands of duplications. Depending on the Orokin Technology available, there are multiple 'paths' to immortality. Orokin preferred the 'switch bodies' idea, while Teshin might have been given a sort of 'stasis' where his body simply copies itself perfectly  -or maybe, the cells have stopped dividing themselves'. It could even be a Terminator route; they definitely have flexible metals, suggesting some weird bio-organic metal unknown to us. It wouldn't be a stretch to turn a loyal Dax into a Cephalon-like existence and shove it inside a cybernetic body covered in synthetic skin. It would even explain why the Dax literally could not defy the Orokin or their symbols.

As for what they said; even if we gain more power, I doubt we'll have the endurance and toughness that are Warframes. I mean, we have 100 health, 100 shields and 0 armor, what does that tell you? Even if we could 'mod' our Operators, they'd never be even close to even a squishy frame.

As to your 'void powered warriors'; it's a possibility that they tried to transplant Void Energy into others and were successful to an extent. However, were that the case, Teshin should have exhibited a few more... drastic... powers than merely recalling his weapon to his hand. Possible, but unlikely -as the Orokin would have first and foremost tried to get that power for themselves.

We need the Operators to physically grow up for a very good (and disappointing) reason: DE are not going to stop writing them as pathetic whining children until they no longer appear young. So far as DE are concerned, the Operators do not remember their time as Warframes, learned nothing from it, have no inner discipline or focus, they really are just whining brats at the controls of war drones. In other words, the complaints that people had when Second Dream came out, DE have deliberately made into the truth. Until the Operators grow a foot taller, DE won't let them act like space ninjas.

I'd like them to be more mature. 

Just their mental, not necessarily their physical aspects. It would be neat if we had the choice between what we currently have, and more "adult" quotes. 

I'm tired of this "My warframe is strong" line... They don't really look like little children, they could be more "warrior" minded imho. 

2 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

I'd like them to be more mature. 

Just their mental, not necessarily their physical aspects. It would be neat if we had the choice between what we currently have, and more "adult" quotes. 

I'm tired of this "My warframe is strong" line... They don't really look like little children, they could be more "warrior" minded imho. 

That won't happen though. DE have laid down the law. Operators really are just children, they learned nothing from their time as Warframes, and any idea of inner discipline and mental maturity is a sad joke.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

That won't happen though. DE have laid down the law. Operators really are just children, they learned nothing from their time as Warframes, and any idea of inner discipline and mental maturity is a sad joke.

I find their mentality "ok" in The War Within quest. It's fine, really. 

But I think we are in a world where games tend to give us more choices about our main characters. I played Mass Effect recently and I was like, "woaahh". And then came back to Warframe and "you have choices to make but sometimes you don't understand them as actual choices and most of the time you will not see the difference. Oh, and you are a child."

3 minutes ago, Aimop95 said:

Growing up depends entirely on how the Void affected us.

I wouldn't mind it, but I think DE likes the idea of an eternally young protagonist.

Which is why the Tenno are never going to actually be space ninjas. They are forever and eternally going to be written by DE as petulant children, locked at the mental age of fifteen. And not even hardened child soldier fifteen either! Spoiled suburban fifteen.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Which is why the Tenno are never going to actually be space ninjas. They are forever and eternally going to be written by DE as petulant children, locked at the mental age of fifteen. And not even hardened child soldier fifteen either! Spoiled suburban fifteen.

We'll see how "dark" DE can get in future quests (however long that will take, I wouldn't use TSD as the average since in the last couple of Devstreams, DE said that the long delay was due to creative changes, not technical. I believe they mentioned that building the entire quest took 2 months in the latest devstream).

There are already dark implications of child soldiers, patricide (not so much an implication as a fact), child trafficking (Orokin Continuity), and mental abuse of children/young people (Orokin Continuity Ritual).

To be fair, if I had that sort of childhood, I'd be glad for every memory block I was given. In any case, we'll see if DE wants to bring out these dark themes into the full spotlight, but they are there.

10 hours ago, Lyravain said:

Consider what the Orokin thought of the Tenno. Abominations, horrors, devils. Would YOU make them immortal? Nah, best to shove them in the freezer, since we can be cryogenically frozen AND control our Warframes just fine. Also, there is the point of multiple paths to immortality. If you look at the biological reason we age, it's because every time our cells divide, they don't divide perfectly. They are supposed to do a perfect copy of our DNA on each cell, but they fail. Minute changes, indistinguishable at first, mounting after thousands of duplications. Depending on the Orokin Technology available, there are multiple 'paths' to immortality. Orokin preferred the 'switch bodies' idea, while Teshin might have been given a sort of 'stasis' where his body simply copies itself perfectly  -or maybe, the cells have stopped dividing themselves'. It could even be a Terminator route; they definitely have flexible metals, suggesting some weird bio-organic metal unknown to us. It wouldn't be a stretch to turn a loyal Dax into a Cephalon-like existence and shove it inside a cybernetic body covered in synthetic skin. It would even explain why the Dax literally could not defy the Orokin or their symbols.

As for what they said; even if we gain more power, I doubt we'll have the endurance and toughness that are Warframes. I mean, we have 100 health, 100 shields and 0 armor, what does that tell you? Even if we could 'mod' our Operators, they'd never be even close to even a squishy frame.

As to your 'void powered warriors'; it's a possibility that they tried to transplant Void Energy into others and were successful to an extent. However, were that the case, Teshin should have exhibited a few more... drastic... powers than merely recalling his weapon to his hand. Possible, but unlikely -as the Orokin would have first and foremost tried to get that power for themselves.

We only know of ONE Executor who spoke of the Tenno, Ballas. He despised the Zariman kids in particular for what they did to his love, Margulis. And at one point in the Second Dream quest, we hear Ballas talking to someone, almost as if arguing or making his point "These are not Dax soldiers, Executor. They are Golems, possessed by devil minds." This is him speaking about the Tenno. Depends on how you read into it, this could indicate that not ALL in the higher echelons of Orokin empire saw Tenno as abominations. There are indications that Tenno were pretty high up in the hierarchy. 

Also, we can't say with total certainty about the Continuity being the only way for Orokin to live on. We don't know about the social structures of the Orokin era beyond that Empire was structured in a caste system. It could very-well be that some chose to switch out they bodies for the young and exotic partly for fashion and partly because that was the option they had in their social caste or because of a cultural demand. True Orokin were meant to look perfect, be the embodiment of grace. Maybe that meant that some aspects of this existence denied procedures that would make one ageless. Or it could be that everyone, even Teshin ages, but just very slowly. 

And Teshin being hella-old is not that unthinkable since Darvo is in his 100's if I remember correctly, and still considered an unruly teen by his father, Frohd Bek. For Teshin Dax, who could of held a position of honor guard (if the orokin he had to stand guard over in the Yuvan theater were important enough to warrant that), to be able to live for very.. very long is not unthinkable. As for Dax being "terminators" I don't think that's likely as in the Ancient Healer synthesis lore, a retired Dax was pulled back into service. That entry also suggests that Tenno held a position equal or greater to Dax at some point. Not something that would happen if everyone in the Orokin HQ thought the Tenno were monsters. 

And even if these First Gen Tenno I theorized did exist, that they would not be as powerful or as durable as a full-on warframe. One is a soldier in an advanced combat suit with space-magic powers, the other is a purpose build techo-organic war drone, powered by space magic. The only way that a First Gen zariman Tenno could exist is if their Void powers were weak enough to be easily contained. In the end it's just a theory, until more is said it's 50/50 true or false. 

2 hours ago, Lakais said:

We only know of ONE Executor who spoke of the Tenno, Ballas. He despised the Zariman kids in particular for what they did to his love, Margulis. And at one point in the Second Dream quest, we hear Ballas talking to someone, almost as if arguing or making his point "These are not Dax soldiers, Executor. They are Golems, possessed by devil minds." This is him speaking about the Tenno. Depends on how you read into it, this could indicate that not ALL in the higher echelons of Orokin empire saw Tenno as abominations. There are indications that Tenno were pretty high up in the hierarchy. 

Also, we can't say with total certainty about the Continuity being the only way for Orokin to live on. We don't know about the social structures of the Orokin era beyond that Empire was structured in a caste system. It could very-well be that some chose to switch out they bodies for the young and exotic partly for fashion and partly because that was the option they had in their social caste or because of a cultural demand. True Orokin were meant to look perfect, be the embodiment of grace. Maybe that meant that some aspects of this existence denied procedures that would make one ageless. Or it could be that everyone, even Teshin ages, but just very slowly. 

And Teshin being hella-old is not that unthinkable since Darvo is in his 100's if I remember correctly, and still considered an unruly teen by his father, Frohd Bek. For Teshin Dax, who could of held a position of honor guard (if the orokin he had to stand guard over in the Yuvan theater were important enough to warrant that), to be able to live for very.. very long is not unthinkable. As for Dax being "terminators" I don't think that's likely as in the Ancient Healer synthesis lore, a retired Dax was pulled back into service. That entry also suggests that Tenno held a position equal or greater to Dax at some point. Not something that would happen if everyone in the Orokin HQ thought the Tenno were monsters. 

And even if these First Gen Tenno I theorized did exist, that they would not be as powerful or as durable as a full-on warframe. One is a soldier in an advanced combat suit with space-magic powers, the other is a purpose build techo-organic war drone, powered by space magic. The only way that a First Gen zariman Tenno could exist is if their Void powers were weak enough to be easily contained. In the end it's just a theory, until more is said it's 50/50 true or false. 

The Orokin erased us. Everything about us, every trace of our existence. That constitutes a 'don't like, consider abomination, wish to obliterate, but keep close until further notice'. Also, I think there were some lines about this in the Simaris scans -I'll check again.

I agree about the Continuity, but it was at least one of the most desired ways to be immortal. It is even alluded to in Ordis' memoirs (we have died so many times etc etc etc).

According to Teshin himself, the Dax were given great power and a great weakness, to never be able to defy the Kuva. There are only so many ways one can physically enforce such behaviours (as, we can all agree, by the time of The War Within, Teshin really, really hated the Queens, but couldn't act, he physically couldn't act against them, even though he logically knew they weren't Orokin, but the mere sight of Orokin symbols of power cowed him) for such periods of time. Even oaths can wear and tear, especially over centuries. Something that would last for that long, while not necessarily a Robocop Prime Directive, is a distinct possibility. Also, one's military and one's honor 'worth' can be different. As warriors, the Tenno were superb and vastly more preferable over the Dax. In terms of how absolute their service would be however, the Dax might be better valued.

The source of The Void's powers are a vast mystery. Perhaps it is empowered via 'advanced symbology' or 'quantum state irregularities' or 'the human mind, once attuned'. We don't know. In fact your idea might be the caste Stalker came from. Or he might just be insane and weird. Or 'hijacked' by a desperate Tenno/Dax and promptly lost touch with who and what he was (he does sound awefully scarred mentally, think he needs a hug?). Unfortunately, we have no clue either way :D

4 hours ago, Lyravain said:

The Orokin erased us. Everything about us, every trace of our existence. That constitutes a 'don't like, consider abomination, wish to obliterate, but keep close until further notice'. Also, I think there were some lines about this in the Simaris scans -I'll check again.

I agree about the Continuity, but it was at least one of the most desired ways to be immortal. It is even alluded to in Ordis' memoirs (we have died so many times etc etc etc).

According to Teshin himself, the Dax were given great power and a great weakness, to never be able to defy the Kuva. There are only so many ways one can physically enforce such behaviours (as, we can all agree, by the time of The War Within, Teshin really, really hated the Queens, but couldn't act, he physically couldn't act against them, even though he logically knew they weren't Orokin, but the mere sight of Orokin symbols of power cowed him) for such periods of time. Even oaths can wear and tear, especially over centuries. Something that would last for that long, while not necessarily a Robocop Prime Directive, is a distinct possibility. Also, one's military and one's honor 'worth' can be different. As warriors, the Tenno were superb and vastly more preferable over the Dax. In terms of how absolute their service would be however, the Dax might be better valued.

The source of The Void's powers are a vast mystery. Perhaps it is empowered via 'advanced symbology' or 'quantum state irregularities' or 'the human mind, once attuned'. We don't know. In fact your idea might be the caste Stalker came from. Or he might just be insane and weird. Or 'hijacked' by a desperate Tenno/Dax and promptly lost touch with who and what he was (he does sound awefully scarred mentally, think he needs a hug?). Unfortunately, we have no clue either way :D

The War Within suggested that the Orokin erased us not so much because we had become monsters and more because of the accident itself, some dark spot of "imperfection" that an Orokin in charge could not live with having in the records. And that Margulis doubled up on it later by sectioning away OUR memories as well. 

And as for Dax, it is entirely possible that "Dax" is both a title and a surname, indicating a class much like the Executors, Sectarus and Enguinor. A Dax can be anything from a very skilled and trained career/for life soldier to a techno-magic samurai (or ronin in Teshin's case). The Dax mentioned in the Synthesis lore seem to fall into the first category. 

The Void powers are, a mystery, I agree with that. But the Orokin did learn how to manipulate the Void or at least how to contain it. They wouldn't be able to create the Orokin towers if they couldn't. Not to mention creating the necessary hardware to hide the Moon in the void (Natah/Lotus had to have gotten the tech from somewhere). Or build a device meant to allow individuals to control drones at a distance and channel Void through them, transference chairs. One could argue that Void tower defenses are powered by Void to an extent because Prime frames get energy out of them. Or it might suggest that the actual warframe abilities themselves are not powered by Void but I find that unlikely as Void is the main shtick with Tenno.