Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason why Banshee isn't the next prime is due to popularity.

KisaPrime

At least this is how I understand it, that they do this buy popularity and less people play Banshee vs Valkyr. I know I don't play banshee and never fixed her up to be playable in the first place. I would have to say if you want an older frame to be primed then a lot of people will have to be playing them often. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Its fing stupid if you ask me.

screw valk p. Most boring frame to play (hit 4, invincible)

At least banshee is valuable to a team

She's more vaulable to the team.... but no one wants to play her.

Which is odd since Resonance Banshee + AOE weapon wrecks everything. Probably because she's so fragile so either you're master parkour that never stops moving or you kills everything before they get in range. And a lot of people don't like using survival mods like Vitality or Redirection because it's "NOT OPTIMAL".

If it was based on popularity, shouldn't it be mirage.

I see a lot more mirages than valkyr.

I don't really see many valkyrs or banshee's. Then again I don't really play anything outside of sorties, hierarcon, Sedna capture (for kuva), and rift fissures (where ever they take me)

3 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

If it was based on popularity, shouldn't it be mirage.

I see a lot more mirages than valkyr.

I don't really see many valkyrs or banshee's. Then again I don't really play anything outside of sorties, hierarcon, Sedna capture (for kuva), and rift fissures (where ever they take me)

NOW, you might see more mirages than valkyr, but before valkyr was nerfed, she was noob friendly and that made her popular.

Just now, Epicagemo said:

NOW, you might see more mirages than valkyr, but before valkyr was nerfed, she was noob friendly and that made her popular.

yea but I mean....

We're talking about NOW aren't we?

Since it's prime access for christmas, shouldn't the more popular frame get the spotlight?

That's how it was for Nova prime last year

Personally much more interested in Banshee than Valkyr. Also slightly irked because I've been wanting to potato my Banshee (but haven't, since her Prime was next in line. Now I got to wait even longer...).

Also doesn't give me a good feeling about what's going to happen when (or if) Zephyr's turn rolls around. :(

The fact that she's underplayed should've been an incentive for DE to prime her,

Before Nekros's changes and his prime I didn't really see many Nekros players outside of farm sessions, When they dropped I saw a rapid influx of Nekros prime and till this day I still see Nekros.

Priming banshee would've been the perfect time to increase her popularity and DE could've given her few QoL changes that insure that she stays popular, and many people would've still gotten the PA.

I'm rather disappointed, it just sad to see DE miss or rather ignore an opportunity to revive a beauty of a frame like Banshee.

It's Nova Prime all over again. Don't get me wrong, I ended up liking Nova Prime because it was fan made Frame. Valkyr Really? I was saving money to spend on Banshee PA, But nope not getting a cent from me for Valkity Prime. Besides Cernos Prime would have made a lot more sense with Banshee. Claws yeah II can see that for Valkyr tho.

Edited by -Akeva-Banshee-

2 hours ago, Noobverest said:

You're right, I don't see many Valkyrs in most of the PuGs I play. It's usually Nekros, Rhino, Loki, Ash, Mirage, Nova, Frost, Inaros, Excalibur, and Ember.

3 hours ago, -Akeva-Banshee- said:

Besides Cernos Prime would have made a lot more sense with Banshee. Claws yeah II can see that for Valkyr tho.

Cernos prime was chosen for our goddess Valkitty prime because it's holster style looks slightly like wings. Making it fit perfectly with valkittys "background lore" aka the fact that she's meant to be a Valkerie/Berserker. Though yes I agree with you regarding the Venka prime fitting her well as well. 

11 hours ago, Noobverest said:

yea but I mean....

We're talking about NOW aren't we?

Since it's prime access for christmas, shouldn't the more popular frame get the spotlight?

That's how it was for Nova prime last year

funny thing is that i tested both Mirage and Valkyr after their so called "Nerf", they're still damn powerful ESPECIALLY VALKYR STILL!

6 hours ago, Loviam said:

Cernos prime was chosen for our goddess Valkitty prime because it's holster style looks slightly like wings. Making it fit perfectly with valkittys "background lore" aka the fact that she's meant to be a Valkerie/Berserker. Though yes I agree with you regarding the Venka prime fitting her well as well. 

Wait then why didnt they just use germ's valkyr wing things?

10 hours ago, Midrib said:

The fact that she's underplayed should've been an incentive for DE to prime her,

Before Nekros's changes and his prime I didn't really see many Nekros players outside of farm sessions, When they dropped I saw a rapid influx of Nekros prime and till this day I still see Nekros.

Priming banshee would've been the perfect time to increase her popularity and DE could've given her few QoL changes that insure that she stays popular, and many people would've still gotten the PA.

I'm rather disappointed, it just sad to see DE miss or rather ignore an opportunity to revive a beauty of a frame like Banshee.

You saw a lot of them around because he was new. Anything new is bound to be played a lot. Now, I don't see Nekros Prime at all outside of random defense and survival missions for the farm. 

Banshee will be no different. She'll see heavy usage when she's primed, then quickly be forgotten, because no one likes Banshee.