The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constant 7-8 damage on my warframe from nowhere !!!

--Q--Shockwave

I have been grinding Hieracon for relics + xp. But since yesterday I have experienced this weird situation thrice.

I am playing as Nova, after 2-3 extractors, my warframe constantly takes 7-8 damage/sec. No swarm/maggots.

First the shields then comes to health and eventually kills me if I dont use plates. 

I rolled/switched to operator and returned to warframe/ died (XD) nothing seems to save me from this damage. But when I switch to operator he's not taking the damage.

Its really frustrating, because we set out for 2k or 3k and suddenly the mission turns to nightmare mode. 

Any1 else experienced this ?. 

2 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Someone on the steam forums said that there is a bug currently with the infested maggots not detatching properly, I've had this issue on multiple occasions, only Rhino with Iron Skin and Nezha with Warding Halo work around this bug.

I think this might be the cause. And btw this has happened to me only when I am not the host. 

2 minutes ago, --Q--Shockwave said:

In that case team should be affected, here I am the lone victim.

And also this damage is there even if there are no enemies in sight. Verified it.

The Toxic Eximus leaves the poison ticking down from 8 damage to 0 damage, so it is still possible that it persisted after their death. And that it is also possible your team did experience it as well but you did not notice it when they did. Most likely explanation is this.

Other than that it is hard to say. I have not seen or heard of anyone talking about this and I find it unlikely to be a persistent condition. If you have not experienced it since then, then chances are you were being killed by Toxic Eximus aura. But if you have, and still experience this regardless of map and enemy then proceed to send a support ticket.

Just now, BETAOPTICS said:

The Toxic Eximus leaves the poison ticking down from 8 damage to 0 damage, so it is still possible that it persisted after their death. And that it is also possible your team did experience it as well but you did not notice it when they did. Most likely explanation is this.

Other than that it is hard to say. I have not seen or heard of anyone talking about this and I find it unlikely to be a persistent condition. If you have not experienced it since then, then chances are you were being killed by Toxic Eximus aura. But if you have, and still experience this regardless of map and enemy then proceed to send a support ticket.

Poison should directly damage my health not the shields. And I did monitor my teammates shields and health, they were fine even though I am taking the damage.

It is not a persistent condition. If I host the mission I should be fine...I hope :)

Actually, this is a bug with maggots I've experienced, I know what he's talking about. Maggots tick for very small damage, but even after you shake them off, the damage persists. Its actually really good for having permanent arcane grace/avenger/barrier/aegis etc. I'm not sure how to reproduce this bug currently, but i can say I have personally experienced it quite a few times on xini.

Edited by Skaleek

Yeah I can remember back a year or two when my brother use to play and we felt at times it was like your being shot at by some unseen enemy. Which this can be the case especially with some of Warframe's newer enemies and damage types. But when your taking fire and it looks there's nobody around and nothing is on your map then it seems odd. I think this got better when DE made it so our actual movement has a effect on the enemies accuracy...meaning harder for us to hit hehe. Even to this day I feel like at times this happens and when it does I bullet jump away and it seems to stop.

On 11/25/2016 at 1:13 PM, Skaleek said:

Actually, this is a bug with maggots I've experienced, I know what he's talking about. Maggots tick for very small damage, but even after you shake them off, the damage persists.

I've seen other threads about this as well, so it seems to be the maggots.

On 11/25/2016 at 1:13 PM, Skaleek said:

Its actually really good for having permanent arcane grace/avenger/barrier/aegis etc.

As an owner of all of these arcanes, I kind of want to work out how to reproduce this, now. It sounds a little exploitable.  :)

On 25.11.2016 at 8:05 PM, --Q--Shockwave said:

I think this might be the cause. And btw this has happened to me only when I am not the host. 

When you are the host, you can get that too. Even if you are the only one in mission...

Even on Frost with Steel Fiber 2 ranks short from max Uranus DS survival becomes unbearable as soon as sentinel gets toasted by one of the toxic ancients. No Guardian precept - no shield. No shield - all the damage goes to health.

Got the same on infested defense alert a few days ago. Also by myself. Nightmare mode all of a sudden.

Asked around, seems to happen now and then. Chroma likes this bug for his Vex Armor. Anything else - not so much.

Edited by Flirk_3

I've posted about this in another thread, and it's not restricted to the Infested and those maggots. Several people had it happen on Corpus missions, myself included. Nor is it a lingering eximus aura or the like, unless a bug causes the effect to keep triggering without a visual warning.

I can only guess, but maybe a damage tick of some sort - like Infested maggots or Corpus Leech Ospreys - fails to be removed after the duration would normally expire. The state of the enemy who put the tick there doesn't matter, I've had this going on the way to extraction on exterminate missions where everything in the tileset is by definition dead. 

Not sure if being the host matters as it has with a few other bugs, but it can trigger both solo and in a squad. Thankfully it's rare (in my experience at least) but it's very annoying when it happens. Hopefully DE can trace it soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this issue a couple of times myself, only on infested missions so far. One was a defence and most times I run Hieracon I end up with this. I've had it with others and when hosting. There is nothing in the area and shields then health constantly tick down. The fact it hits shields first means it is not toxin damage. I've rolled, used avalanche, switched to operator all with no effect. It seems it does eventually stop, as my shield will suddenly jump back up to full when not engaged, but start moving again and it starts up again. It's as though I'm on a map that has the heating requirements, but no heaters,

Like I said, this happens at least to me regardless if I'm host or not. Seems to be infested, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Corpus leech ospreys would suffer from similar issues as maggots (they use similar mechanics, after all). Makes it annoying to fight with anything else but Rhino or at least one Nezha on the team with a Safeguard augment mod, otherwise the longer you are on a mission the higher the chances you'll encounter the bug. Pretty gamebreaking at times, like when me and my friend planned on leveling up some other frames in a survival, but had to leave before even hitting 15 minutes because both of us got the bug, one after the other, on two occasions. Really hope DE fixes this soon.

Hasn't this bug already been present since The War Within release?

Edited by SnuggleBuckets