Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

2 hours ago, Love2Camp said:

a game where everyone else "steals" your kills if you slack.

Considering that you still get affinity for those "stolen" kills it doesn't really matter.  Unless you're into the whole summary screen results.  A screen with results that can be misleading in some cases.  I understand that you don't like the change and that's cool.  Only the kill stealing point isn't exactly a valid argument when you don't lose anything. 

41 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

A simple teleport forward without requirements would be more acceptable, even at higher energy cost if no enemy is present.

Teleporting to objects as it is looks like a bug embraced in development process.

Fixing finishers on teleport augment would also be nice.

If it works like the Arching blink, yes, THAT would be cool. 

Only problem I can see is if we're aren't accurate when selecting an enemy, we would teleport forward and ruin our approach. Sometimes that teleport whiff comes in handy when frantically trying to teleport to an enemy for a finisher. It makes Ash feel more precise in certain ways.

16 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Considering that you still get affinity for those "stolen" kills it doesn't really matter.  Unless you're into the whole summary screen results.  A screen with results that can be misleading in some cases.  I understand that you don't like the change and that's cool.  Only the kill stealing point isn't exactly a valid argument when you don't lose anything. 

You misunderstood. I don't mind people "stealing" kills. I mind using a power that is too slow to be usefull, because others will have killed your targets before you are done targeting.

1 minute ago, Love2Camp said:

You misunderstood. I don't mind people "stealing" kills. I mind using a power that is too slow to be usefull, because others will have killed your targets before you are done targeting.

I resolved that exact issue for myself by having BS in targeting mode the whole time.  Once you do this tip, it completely changes things for the better.  I only do this when in groups as I don't need to do it when solo.  Hypernaut also found this works very well too.  Hope this helps.   Now go forth and Bladestorm everything my fellow Tenno.  :D

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

I resolved that exact issue for myself by having BS in targeting mode the whole time.  Once you do this tip, it completely changes things for the better.  I only do this when in groups as I don't need to do it when solo.  Hypernaut also found this works very well too.  Hope this helps.   Now go forth and Bladestorm everything my fellow Tenno.  :D

trhose guys that say ash bs now more fun, can you guys teach me step by step how you all aim each target x 3.

and at the same time has enough energy to cash st 7 different target x 3 b4 ur team kills em xd

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If it works like the Arching blink, yes, THAT would be cool. 

Only problem I can see is if we're aren't accurate when selecting an enemy, we would teleport forward and ruin our approach. Sometimes that teleport whiff comes in handy when frantically trying to teleport to an enemy for a finisher. It makes Ash feel more precise in certain ways.

Exactly, a basic forward teleport would act as "blink", targeted one is fine if not for the glitchy finishers, mostly against infested (because some weapons have no finishers required etc.)

14 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

trhose guys that say ash bs now more fun, can you guys teach me step by step how you all aim each target x 3.

and at the same time has enough energy to cash st 7 different target x 3 b4 ur team kills em xd

Ok, fair enough.  Aiming at each target is easier than aiming to kill with guns.  All you have to do is basically look at them.  Be aware that I play Warframe on PC with a Xbox One Elite controller.  Always have and I'm not even familiar with using the Mouse/KB to play outside of navigating the screens.  I will copy some of my previous posts that should answer those questions. 

I would just start marking mode and keep it active.  Targets were being marked as I played using melee and I would get the energy back when they died.  Because of this I was able to activate Bladestorm at anytime to kill large groups of enemies or the ones at distance (like the annoying Poison Moas).  The trick is to not wait til the last minute to toggle the marking while with a group.  You can do it the whole time. It's not going to cost you a lot of energy while doing it, and you'll get that energy back should someone kill the enemy.  Here's the good part, you can still use all of the other abilities while BladeStorm marking is active.

Here's my stats and efficiency performance as of very first test.

Efficiency is at about 130%, Duration close to 230-250%, and Power str at about 170-190%.  This isn't exact numbers as I'm not in game at the moment. Range got ganked to just over 55%.  It leave my teleport and BS range to about 50 meters each.  Which is why I'm gonna forma him to fill the empty slot to get more range back.  It's still a work in progress, but not bad on energy.  Well, at least not like Ivara can be which is the frame I'm most use to.  Since I'm use to Ivara's energy consumption, Ash's isn't a problem at all.  Especially once Zenurik kicks in.

I have since then forma'd Ash Prime and increased range of Teleport and BladeStorm to 70 meters. Everything else is still close to the same. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
corrected slightly

Just now, ----Fenrir---- said:

No, it's not. It's so slow and clunky that it's not worth using at all. They either need to make it useful or give Ash another ability.

I don't know why people say it's slow. I can target entire crowds pretty much by twich reflex, even pin point targets I want to kill while doing so. I guess my Conclave training really worked.

What ability seriously need to be reworked/scrapped IMO is Teleport, as without the Augment it's pretty much pointless, even moreso with the new Blade Storm. For me, Teleport is to Ash what Super Jump was to Excalibur.

well my comment for the new blade storm as follows :

1. aiming the whole time while being invi / not invi is pointless.

A. i can kill them with my guns

B. i can slice and dice those guys

C. I can use other frame with much higher killigng efficiency

D. Why in the world i want to mark those guys non stop and go to next target when my team behind me can kill them?

-> is totally redundant tot he team

2. if i need to spin all over the target, might as well i use mesa. at least it will auto aim everything in the circle.

-> mesa circle much much bigger than ash normal cross hair.

3. whats the point of blade storm when i can use my 3rd skill with finisher style on my weapon?

4. If i can activate my bladestorm, that means my team are seriously slacking.

IMO jsut remove it. Is pointless to have it

4 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

well my comment for the new blade storm as follows :

1. aiming the whole time while being invi / not invi is pointless.

A. i can kill them with my guns

B. i can slice and dice those guys

C. I can use other frame with much higher killigng efficiency

D. Why in the world i want to mark those guys non stop and go to next target when my team behind me can kill them?

-> is totally redundant tot he team

2. if i need to spin all over the target, might as well i use mesa. at least it will auto aim everything in the circle.

-> mesa circle much much bigger than ash normal cross hair.

3. whats the point of blade storm when i can use my 3rd skill with finisher style on my weapon?

4. If i can activate my bladestorm, that means my team are seriously slacking.

IMO jsut remove it. Is pointless to have it

Ahh, I see now.  You don't want to play Ash.  You just want a press to win button after you Leeroy Jenkins into a clusterf--q that your guns can't handle.  That's cool.  You have the right to do so.  Oh well, have fun and happy hunting. 

18 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Ahh, I see now.  You don't want to play Ash.  You just want a press to win button after you Leeroy Jenkins into a clusterf--q that your guns can't handle.  That's cool.  You have the right to do so.  Oh well, have fun and happy hunting. 

i played ash. As i have mentioned. Is just i dont use the 4th skill anymore because is redundant .

the whole idea of rework is to stop the animation and let people continue dmg ing the target ash is killing

not adding the steps.

well if you find it fun to use the current 4th skill then just say you are happy.

Everybody has the right to voice out their opinion.

Ash is strong and always a good pillar when you got in a tight spot, even though he is useless when fighting Eximus ancient with Lv.90+. But this rework had delete, crash, squash every possibility for ash to be use in high level session with heavy enemy unit on rampage.

The targeting system is clumsy, you need to target them and then execute the sequence which take too dam longggggggggggggg and multiple target on one target is just absurd!! New damage output formula is also downgrade ash to a tee. And the comment is of going invisible to target is just a plain retard!! cause now you need to invest duration in order to have time in the smoke to target which make your damage output becoming ineffective even a level 50+.

I hope that the DE open up a thread for new idea for this "Balancing Rework" cause what's up right now is not good at all.

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

I don't know why people say it's slow.

Because while you're trying to "pin point" targets in a crowd, I just fired a tonkor round over your shoulder and insta-gibbed the entire crowd at once.

They need to just change teleport back to free targeting or build the attack into automatically. Teleporting to lifebars is pretty much pointless since bullet jumping was introduced,

7 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Perhaps have Ash attack the first three targets, each successive attack doing more damage and extending the bleed proc duration, followed by his Shadow Clones finishing them off.

The idea is to have them all attack at once, with Ash (the player) being just one of them.

• mark a bunch of targets
  • activate BS
  • Ash disappears in a puff of smoke
  • Army of Ashes attacking enemies all at once
  • Ash falls to the ground
  • Clones disappear in a puff of smoke, leaving logs in their place

I for one love that it finally got changed, but they have indeed not fixed the whole lack of interactivity problem at all. It's still the same in that aspect. I'd love this taken even further. Have just the clones do the killing and finally get rid of that chaotic "cinematic" experience. But it won't happen, a lot of people actually like staring at it doing nothing.

Edited by Drakenreiter