Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

Slower isn't the right word.

More like a dead sloth floating in a sea of frozen molasses on Pluto.

Then reduce the speed again by a quarter.

keep in mind, you only would have to Cast the first ability once to Blade storm 4 enemies with out the need for 3 marks. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

So... are DE gonna take this feedback or what? 

Of course not this is simply for people to vent off their fustrations and believe that their opinion has an impact

5 hours ago, LoneDirewolf said:

Of course they are, just like after sniper rework where they listen to peoples feedback. Oh wait, that was exactly a year ago and we have gotten 0 changes to them.

Exactly this, plus all that cesspool that came with Specters of Fail like the uncontrolable (and motion sickness to those who suffer from it) archwing, the requirements for veterans that did things that now need to redo to access rails (yesterday found a frind that said he wasn't able to access TWW because 1 of the rails required him to do stuff that he already had done) or the cancerous relic system that more than doubled the grind and drasticaly reducced the rewards.  

8 minutes ago, NeonNemesis said:

Of course not this is simply for people to vent off their fustrations and believe that their opinion has an impact

Exactly this, plus all that cesspool that came with Specters of Fail like the uncontrolable (and motion sickness to those who suffer from it) archwing, the requirements for veterans that did things that now need to redo to access rails (yesterday found a frind that said he wasn't able to access TWW because 1 of the rails required him to do stuff that he already had done) or the cancerous relic system that more than doubled the grind and drasticaly reducced the rewards.  

... how old you think that Excalibur's Revisited Feedback Megathread is despite all the negative feedback specially about the mini RB cost?

I do believe that DE pay some attention to these threads  but you can put your frustrations here just like suggestions but don't expect changes too soon...

53 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I don't play Ash so it doesn't bother me directly but i'm not exactly a big lass and my shoulders are getting sore from carrying Ash players now.

That's because they got use to having a "press to win button after you Leeroy Jenkins into a clusterf--q that their guns can't handle" as an answer for everything.  Once that was gone, they no longer knew how to actually play Ash.  

:D  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's because they got use to having a "press to win button after you Leeroy Jenkins into a clusterf--q that their guns can't handle" as an answer for everything.  Once that was gone, they no longer knew how to actually play Ash.  

:D  

partly true, many ash players don't know how to play ash now, but the way to play him now is to Just not use 4.

the ult skill that has become a chore, here is the ability true description:

-waste of time and leave enemies untouched

even if you tag and bladestorm enemy might not die since you didnt tag enough times, the problem is not player not know how to use Ash, the problem is the skill now useless and not worth modding for (but it's supposed to be an "ultimate skill" ... yah right)

Edited by g4yb4ll

4 minutes ago, g4yb4ll said:

the ult skill that has become a chore, here is the ability true description:

-waste of time and leave enemies untouched

even if you tag and bladestorm enemy might not die since you didnt tag enough times

Couldn't have made a better description my self.

2 hours ago, Xiaoshino said:

And from talking to many people

you should talk to more people. Because I for one, along with many other people i've talked to actually really like the change.

Other than that. It's actually super meh for me. I never really liked Ash so whatever happens. Imma just say meh to it all :P

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

you should talk to more people. Because I for one, along with many other people i've talked to actually really like the change.

Other than that. It's actually super meh for me. I never really liked Ash so whatever happens. Imma just say meh to it all :P

I Wish I could Start a Poll on here. to get some accreate Results to see how much of the community like the change, or hate it. I Do believe a change was needed Don't get me wrong, but, as someone who has 22million Exp on Ash Prime alone and Mains Ash. The change just makes ash's ultimate useless rather then more interactive which was the goal.

Just now, Xiaoshino said:

I Wish I could Start a Poll on here. to get some accreate Results to see how much of the community like the change, or hate it. I Do believe a change was needed Don't get me wrong, but, as someone who has 22million Exp on Ash Prime alone and Mains Ash. The change just makes ash's ultimate useless rather then more interactive which was the goal.

yeah true. Also, you can start a poll here. Just open up the website pollme.com or something or rather and put it here. Not sure how many peeps will come. But still.

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

You say that like every frame has an ultimate that kills stuff.

Not Every Frame has an Ultimate that kills stuf, true. but every frame has an Ultimate that's supposed to be there Skill that makes them Stand out, and be useful. 

Inaros - Stacking on a huge amount of Armor, then sucking health from enemies for his team

Loki - Removes the weapons from Every enemy within his range then making them all fight each other with sticks.

Nekros - Summons a squad of the dead that Are useful

Nova - slows down enemies or speeds them up that makes her useful

Nyx - God mode(but then kills things.)

Trinity - Completely heals all of her team m8s and their pets while buffing them.

The list goes on. but...

Ash - mark enemies 3 times, and you might beable to kill them one by one if they are still alive which you could have just shot them, but you rather have a Cinamatic going so go ahead and waist your time marking them.

Here is a little pop quiz

You have 3 Grineer next to each other. 

You have 2 options. 

Do you

A. use teleport to get close, then slap them all at once with a Lesion

or 

B. turn on blade storm, mark all 3 enemies, then start killing them one by one.

15 minutes ago, Xiaoshino said:

Here is a little pop quiz

You have 3 Grineer next to each other. 

You have 2 options. 

Do you

A. use teleport to get close, then slap them all at once with a Lesion

or 

B. turn on blade storm, mark all 3 enemies, then start killing them one by one.

With the way I play Ash, the enemies would have already been marked because I keep it toggled on.  Since I have a high power strength, they would be dead.  Unless we're talking about enemies above level 50.  I'm not sure about those as I haven't played Ash P at that level with the rework.  Either option is a viable choice for me.  Whether it's the same for others is really personal preference.  :D

Edit:  This scenario is similar to using Artemis Bow or Navigator to kill those enemies.  Both will get the job done and personal preference would dictate which one is used. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
added info

2-3(?) weeks with the Bladestorm nerf and I'm struggling to see its use :/

When you think of a rework or an ultimate you want fun and useful.

I personally only find his Bladestorm to only be subjectively fun but fact wise, it's not nearly as useful.

Here's the thing, you deliberately leave enemies alive only to kill them later. How is this a good thing? Marked enemies don't get debuffed, they're not slowed down, they don't take extra damage. They're simply just marked for death for the next couple of seconds. 

Why would I deliberately want to leave enemies alive? I could grab a Tonkor or a Simulor and get the same results for less of a hassle. Pair up Mirage with Syn-Simulor and you pretty much get the same results as the new Bladestorm but much more effeciently.

I could grab Nova, wait for Zenurik and use her 4th. I can actively kill people while waiting for her 4th to spread out so I can kill more people but with less of a hassle.

If I wanted to target "high" priority targets I would much rather use Fatal Teleport and use much less energy. 

As of now Ash's ult feels like one huge gimmick outside of level 100+ enemies and even then Fatal Teleport > Bladestorm.

It's more of a trade-off than a nerf, since the base damage was increased. Not to mention applying 3 separate Slash procs at once now.

As for why they changed their mind on just letting you send out your clones only, no idea. Currently I mostly use it to just maintain a very long combo.