Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

14 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Simple, keep the marks after canceling or remove them (so you have to target again) and refun the energy. No need for world on blade storm.

Remove and refund would be the better option of the two, considering situations like: having marked an inappropriate mob (like an Ancient Disruptor, or a Scarab Swarm'ed group) and would like to un-mark before Ash gets to them; or needing the energy refunded for something else (like a Smokescreen, or melee channel, or Quick Thinking)

On 12/6/2016 at 5:03 PM, Arcadiace said:

Personally I think the cutscenes should be limited. One or two animated cutscenes, regardless of the number of marks; and let the clones do the rest.

I think that you should just spawn like 4 clones and have them do all the work, while you sit back and concentrate on other enemies.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Maybe you should change your energy color. Also, I can't even tell what that 2nd image is.

The 2nd image is what it looks like when you have bladestorm active atm. I guess console doesn't have the ash update yet?

was doing a mission with ash and for the first half of the mission when i enter bladestorm marking mode i could hit my melee button and could activate the bladestorm kill animation a kill at a time and after each kill i stayed in bladestorm, i didnt have to reactive marking mode. i could also still hit my four again and do a auto bladestorm just like it usually does. after about half way through the mission it stopped working and went back to normal. i will say this was the most fun i've ever had using bladestorm. It was nice being about to use the ability that way because of all the control i had plus while protecting pod i didnt have to worry about enemies damaging the pod while i was in bladestorm. Now I posted this to the bug forums but got no reply so i figured i would post it here to least see if this is interesting to other players. as i said it was the most fun ive ever had playing ash and using his bladestorm.

2 hours ago, xxander88 said:

was doing a mission with ash and for the first half of the mission when i enter bladestorm marking mode i could hit my melee button and could activate the bladestorm kill animation a kill at a time and after each kill i stayed in bladestorm, i didnt have to reactive marking mode. i could also still hit my four again and do a auto bladestorm just like it usually does. after about half way through the mission it stopped working and went back to normal. i will say this was the most fun i've ever had using bladestorm. It was nice being about to use the ability that way because of all the control i had plus while protecting pod i didnt have to worry about enemies damaging the pod while i was in bladestorm. Now I posted this to the bug forums but got no reply so i figured i would post it here to least see if this is interesting to other players. as i said it was the most fun ive ever had playing ash and using his bladestorm.

Lol, even that bladestorm bug where, Everytime you melee you do bladestorm is more useful than this rework.

I'm not sure that making it actual smoke fits the theme since he's not actually 'invisible'. It's based off the idea of a ninja throwing down a smokebomb as a diversion to make the enemy lose sight of them. In this game mechanically makes you unseen for the duration until "enemies see you again".

3 hours ago, gluih said:

The 2nd image is what it looks like when you have bladestorm active atm. I guess console doesn't have the ash update yet?

Not yet. It's was submitted for certification Friday, so we will likely be getting it this upcoming Tuesday or the next Tuesday after that.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I like it being hands-on. It's part of the appeal, and one of the things they've been going back to with the other p42w powers.

To each their own. I like the idea of releasing clones and watching them jump from target to target, I also like how it would add some utility, allowing Ash to focus on other things (like reviving others and such) while targeted enemies are being interrupted by the clones.

I definitely think we should be able to cancel the ability, refunding and unmarking the remaining targets mid Bladestorm.

There's no reason for it to allow the clones to keep killing though, otherwise the new standard would be to mark->activate->immediately deactivate->keep using your other weapons while the clones keep killing. DPS-wise that is an increase, so I guarantee it would happen that way.

What they need to do is increase the bladestorm speed, because right now it is unnecessarily slow. Right now it can be sped up with Fury or Primed Fury on your melee weapon, but not all builds will use them. Just have bladestorm have its base speed match the current one with Primed Fury equipped. Another fix would have it be affected by Berserker, so bladestorm is faster when that buff is present. 

13 minutes ago, Insizer said:

To each their own. I like the idea of releasing clones and watching them jump from target to target, I also like how it would add some utility, allowing Ash to focus on other things (like reviving others and such) while targeted enemies are being interrupted by the clones.

Ash is already able to get allies up unimpeded with Smokescreen. He already has utility, it's just with an ability that Bladestorm builds blinded players to for so long.

The developers are already removing the Press4toWin nature of abilities. Look at Saryn, Excalibur (when Javelin was his nuke), Mesa. A toggle Bladestorm would be very counterproductive in that case.

9 hours ago, xxander88 said:

I noticed it but I wasn't going to say anything, because, they might FIX that too.

1 hour ago, kreep2.0 said:

I noticed it but I wasn't going to say anything, because, they might FIX that too.

well im trying to make people aware of this bug becasue i believe this bug could be what fixes this ridiculous rework. that is if DE would pay attention to it at all. it may not be what 100% fixes bladestorm but its gotta be a better option then the current state its in. to me it brought back the fast pace playstyle that ash has always been. 

1 hour ago, xxander88 said:

well im trying to make people aware of this bug becasue i believe this bug could be what fixes this ridiculous rework. that is if DE would pay attention to it at all. it may not be what 100% fixes bladestorm but its gotta be a better option then the current state its in. to me it brought back the fast pace playstyle that ash has always been. 

I came to this forum with the express intent of saying, this bug made my ash experience much better, and was incredibly fun. I hope this becomes a feature of bladestorm in the future. This 'short burst' of ultimate is more energy efficient and less disorienting, allowing you to quickly pop out of and back into the action. It can also serve as a dodge. If this were an augment mod I would find space for it in my build.

2 hours ago, durandalsBlade said:

I came to this forum with the express intent of saying, this bug made my ash experience much better, and was incredibly fun. I hope this becomes a feature of bladestorm in the future. This 'short burst' of ultimate is more energy efficient and less disorienting, allowing you to quickly pop out of and back into the action. It can also serve as a dodge. If this were an augment mod I would find space for it in my build.

I'm glad more people are running into this bug and enjoying as much as i did. also think you did a better job of explaining it than i did. i think the augment is a cool idea maybe do this in the place of the bladestorm augment they have now or just be a new one they add to the game. Personally i would rather see it just get added to his power instead of having to augment for it. but if an augment is all we can get completely fine with me 

Edited by xxander88

17 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Ash is already able to get allies up unimpeded with Smokescreen. He already has utility, it's just with an ability that Bladestorm builds blinded players to for so long.

The developers are already removing the Press4toWin nature of abilities. Look at Saryn, Excalibur (when Javelin was his nuke), Mesa. A toggle Bladestorm would be very counterproductive in that case.

I never said toggle. What I meant was something similar to fire and forget missiles in video games. You lock on, and "fire" (release the clones). You then are able to shift your attention to something else while clones use up the marks. You can't "fire" more clones until all of the previous marks have been used up. 

Also, I didn't mean to suggest Ash has no team utility, rather this could add more. It would also allow him to take on groups better imo and make it more useful than the cinematic Bladestorm, granted you do get rid of some of the epicness of watching the executions by Ash.