Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Ash revisited after Prime Time

Keltik0ne

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

not everyone has arcane and a player gets 4 energy per second at best from zenurik... thats 1 attack every 4 seconds...

EXPERIENCED  ash players will have energize set. Ill be at full energy after I BS. Not to mention it takes me 2 sec for a full BS before. Now i can just Spam 4 at every enemy i see. Nothing has changed. Just made 3 pointless.Also each enemy marked could cost as low as 0 with Zenurik active. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

Remember when Bladestorm didn't have clones?

... and only dealt 1000 damage?

... and had a slower attack rate?

... and when Shuriken dealt less damage?

... and didn't have a bleed proc?

... and when Teleport didn't open enemies to finishers?

... and when Smoke Screen didn't give Stealth multipliers?

What DE giveth, DE can taketh away.

Spoiler

I don't like the rework at all... it is boring and clunky. I also don't like current Bladestorm... it is boring and annoying. I was hopeful that the rework would give him some more pizzazz.

The whole thing above is just for those that (for some reason) thinks DE never buffs anything.

7 hours ago, Shuuro said:

Honestly, if they just give the marks for death a damage bonus while marked, I'd be happy. Perhaps like, +15% melee damage and 10% gun damage per stack? Making it a viable buffing tool while in fast paced combat, while still keeping it as a slow paced assassination tool.

Also, I still haven't heard anything for changes considering Shuriken. Why not have targets hit by Shuriken while also marked for death, be attacked by a blade storm clone, consuming the mark?

This system has the potential to work, it just needs tweeks.

This is a great Idea that i hoped gets to DE. if Ash's marked enemies took more damage, it would make bladestorm also serve as a team utility. Maybe it could even help stop players complaining about it too.

7 hours ago, Shuuro said:

Honestly, if they just give the marks for death a damage bonus while marked, I'd be happy. Perhaps like, +15% melee damage and 10% gun damage per stack? Making it a viable buffing tool while in fast paced combat, while still keeping it as a slow paced assassination tool.

Also, I still haven't heard anything for changes considering Shuriken. Why not have targets hit by Shuriken while also marked for death, be attacked by a blade storm clone, consuming the mark?

This system has the potential to work, it just needs tweeks.

I like it, good idea

Just a quick post here. Ash's marking system is good but a little bit slow, can you add to the the smoke screen ability to mark enemies ? You know if enemy is in range of smoke screen and the marking is active every enemy afected by smoke will be marked with one death mark. That will give more synegy and alow players to mark groups of enemies faster.

PS: If you see some errors here, my apogize Im writing this on my phone+ english is not my native language.

Chaos Lord out.....

As far as i can tell there should only be two ways to improve blade storm without making ash a solo frame in the process or replacing blade storm altogether.

option 1 : reduce the ability radius from 25m to 6-8m and lower the number of targets affected from 18 to 10.

option 2 : make it a channeled skill similar to mesa peacemaker where you get a cone of affect in front of you and only targets in the cone will be targeted by ash.

these two options will make blade storm more of a surgical strike over a map clearance.

the idea of making blade storm a toggle ability will only turn ash into a solo frame and useless in a party as his smoke screen / teleport skills cost to much energy to be used for any length of time.

Other ideas i have for ash to give people more incentive to use his other skills are as follows.

1. smoke screen should have its energy reduced to 25 and duration increased to 9 seconds.

2. teleport should be reduced to 10-15 energy and should teleport ash behind the enemy.

Here's what it  thought Ash should be, a high single target damage dealer (elite mobs and boss killer, not a room nuker).

Changes :

1. Death Mark should be a debuff that increase melee damage and/or act as homing beacon for shurikens, if it's still too underpowered, if Ash cast shurikens all marked targets will have shurikens home in on them. To counter this, we could lower mark duration.

2. Teleporting to a death marked enemy should trigger his old blade storm animation for that 1 target, which deals high damage against 1 target that scaled with his melee weapons according to type to balance out the damage, for example dagger weapons might grant armor penetration or ignore armor effect to counter dagger low damage sta, if Ash use whip he would deals AoE damage around the teleport target, and so on.

At least now there won't be multiple invulnerable targets and it kills that 1 tanky enemy faster, lol. We have enough room nuker as it is.

Edited by Dartiel

The fact that we go through the work of marking targets it could also come with some other benefits. 

Marked targets should have some synergy with his other abilities. A marked target should take more damage from shurikens. Or.. Using his 1 send out 2 clones to do finisher damage if it hits enemies that are marked. this also serves as a form of progression for an Ash player as he's leveling.

Teleporting to a marked target should perform a finisher like the augment, but without the extra buffs.

A poster in a different thread suggested that marked targets take increased team damage to target. This sounds great, but may not may not be feasible due to the fact that any energy used on a marked target is refunded when they die. It would make it free debugging. (A cool augment maybe)

All my responses are based on the fact that during the Prime Time stream Rebecca said that you use up energy when you mark an enemy and you gain it back if you don't kill them.

So you are marking a target for death so that that energy can be used to make your 1 more useful. I understand the need to make his other abilities synergise with each other but your suggestion doesn't sound like the best path to good synergy.

The other suggestion to send out the clones when you  throw the shurikens at marked targets is a very good one, I like it. Would be great for stealth missions, put that in the feedback thread for him once his rework releases.

Teleporting already stuns targets and opens them for finishers, I don't think automatically performing the finisher is worth the energy wasted to mark the enemy.

Edited by Shreiko