Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SORTIE: LVL 100 Kela De Thaym. Just Impossible.

Dailenth

13 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

Amusingly, a corrosive-based weapon is NOT the best choice against such targets. BEFORE you start raging about it though, think about it; there comes a point where your corrosive procs do away with armor and just don't contribute any more. Get a full-auto status-based rifle to take down her armor with corrosive and then go with a Viral secondary to simply remove half her health. Or go viral primary, corrosive secondary.

Now stop complaining, it wasn't anywhere near impossible.

I know right. I don't get all the corrosive mentions given her armor is alloy based and not ferrite. 

Just now, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I know right. I don't get all the corrosive mentions given her armor is alloy based and not ferrite. 

They rave about Corrosive because it simply erases armor. Thing is, it takes my Akstilettos about a clip to completely remove it from her. After that time, it just isn't as good as taking away half her health.

Stop using Energy Siphon, Bring CP. The bane of PUB grineer sorties is not enough cp. 

Ignis with sinister reach for the little circular panels.

Venka P to melee Kela and absolutely wreck her.

Rhino so you dont get staggered when the rollers spam all over you. +roar

Or Go EV Trin and just EV kela down.

Just now, Lyravain said:

They rave about Corrosive because it simply erases armor. Thing is, it takes my Akstilettos about a clip to completely remove it from her. After that time, it just isn't as good as taking away half her health.

I get that, but if you're bringing an elemental build to remove her armor why corrosive? Radiation is far more suited for alloy armor. 

48 minutes ago, HaxBox said:

We all remember when Bursa's made their first appearance, they we're straight unbeatable and it would take all your precious time you have to eliminate it. Same exactly happened with Grineer manics when they we're initially released. Now I believe with have a similar Issue and It's LVL 100 Assassination targets on Sortie missions. I think DE needs to balance them more before release, just go and play at this moment the following sortie which expires in about 2 hours. You cannot beat Kela De Thaym.

My ~6.500 Corrosive damage Vaykor Hek barely flinches her and she just kills you with a rocket. I didn't find any weak spot or attacking when in Advantage, since her overhaul she doesn't fit with the scaling system and in the end she is unbeatable. DE Please when you finish modeling,texturing, animating and voicing a unit don't just ditch it out on the very next update and then after testing it on us bother balancing it.

i have completed Kela 100 lvl SOLO yesterday. Wu-kong+soma prime for "buttons", hit Kela with the Galatine prime all time (viral status)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I get that, but if you're bringing an elemental build to remove her armor why corrosive? Radiation is far more suited for alloy armor. 

Because corrosive proc permanently lowers current armor value by 25%. Radiation doesn't have this effect, it only has increased damage

Just get through it. F*** this type of bossfight. It bugs 3x time, where it didn't count that we shooting those green plates and orbital strikes were completely broken. AOE was 3x bigger and absurdly hit even player who stand on the other side of arena. And what i get..same lens that i got yesterday..not even greater lense.

1 hour ago, minidelight said:

Soloed with volt with asktilleto prime built for crit +corrosive status, just do a small electric shield bunker around you (and top) so you can avoid all damage from the orbital strikes and atacks from kela , then shoot her on the face with akstilleto prime that will strip all the armor from her (status procs) and win, easy and done.

Whoa, wait, you CAN do the "umbrella" strat with Volt shields? Huh! I only tried it once, I guess I must have misaligned it or something. Volt IS how I always solo her, mind you, I just usually do a quick lap around the corners for the orbital strikes because I didn't think you COULD block them. Maybe I didn't put the shield up high enough? or maybe i put it too high.

...I wonder if I'll even test it again, either, since I don't plan on wasting time fighting regular Kela and who knows when the next sortie one will be.

20 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Whoa, wait, you CAN do the "umbrella" strat with Volt shields? Huh! I only tried it once, I guess I must have misaligned it or something. Volt IS how I always solo her, mind you, I just usually do a quick lap around the corners for the orbital strikes because I didn't think you COULD block them. Maybe I didn't put the shield up high enough? or maybe i put it too high.

...I wonder if I'll even test it again, either, since I don't plan on wasting time fighting regular Kela and who knows when the next sortie one will be.

Calling bullS#&$ on this. We try it even with 4x volt and 4x frost.. It completely ignore those shields and bubbles. Same like yesterday sortie with 100 lvl defense. Either they are not working, or i have terrible luck on bugs and glitches.

Edited by JustSneaky

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

yes you can do the "umbrella" strat :) , im not sure if theres any bug when someone else is hosting, but when solo the electric shield on top  works perfectly, i usually do a small bunker around me and put one shield at top, and then crouch. works 100%

Edited by minidelight

19 hours ago, HaxBox said:

We all remember when Bursa's made their first appearance, they we're straight unbeatable and it would take all your precious time you have to eliminate it. Same exactly happened with Grineer manics when they we're initially released. Now I believe with have a similar Issue and It's LVL 100 Assassination targets on Sortie missions. I think DE needs to balance them more before release, just go and play at this moment the following sortie which expires in about 2 hours. You cannot beat Kela De Thaym.

My ~6.500 Corrosive damage Vaykor Hek barely flinches her and she just kills you with a rocket. I didn't find any weak spot or attacking when in Advantage, since her overhaul she doesn't fit with the scaling system and in the end she is unbeatable. DE Please when you finish modeling,texturing, animating and voicing a unit don't just ditch it out on the very next update and then after testing it on us bother balancing it.

I soloed her.

Took Valkyr Prime, formaed twice.

Invinciblity does wonders.

Guys please stop whining if the game is too hard or you can't come up with the right build / tactics. You can always ask before reporting it to DE.

Have been killing Kela no sweat, the key component is Limbo. Once you're about to be hit by missiles, launch Limbos ulti and voila, you are absolutely safe! Maxing out range and duration helps.

Ask seasoned players first. I am rank 22 and this game seems like a sandbox. Every time I'm going on a "hard" mission, I just have to equip a proper build, and this mission suddenly becomes just a matter of time. Please don't make it even easier, we already have enough grind on our hands.

1 minute ago, Praxxor said:

I was so discouraged from the patch notes that I didn't even try it, guess I gotta test it later.

Hit link before she lands so you don't get knocked down, then chain EV. Also works well on the Raptor. Trin's still fine to cheese bosses, Mag's been hit much harder.