The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's anti-fun sound quake

PanicPrime

Just gonna throw this out there.. Rhino stomp actually has a range pretty much just as big when modded for max range. It used to be the longest range cc ability in game before SQ. Now before you get all technical and tell me that it doesn't last that long, let me remind you that you can and do get zenurik and energy pads while things are stomped. Something banshee doesn't so there's not really that much the enemies can do when you're permalocking them even more than banshee can. On top of which, with range/efficiency builds you can keep the stun up indefinitely with just zenurik passive. 

Banshee soundquake is only really good in that one sort of scenario. Interception. And to a lesser extent mobile defense. Every frame has their niche and this just happens to be soundquakes. I dare you to try play soundquake banshee on rathoom for example. Or pretty much any corpus mission where your teammates aren't actively helping you kill the nullifiers and ospreys. It's like how the infiltrate augment made ivara a god at spy missions. But that same augment does barely anything for your interceptions. 

Edited by LuckyCharm

42 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Just gonna throw this out there.. Rhino stomp actually has a range pretty much just as big when modded for max range. It used to be the longest range cc ability in game before SQ. Now before you get all technical and tell me that it doesn't last that long, let me remind you that you can and do get zenurik and energy pads while things are stomped. Something banshee doesn't so there's not really that much the enemies can do when you're permalocking them even more than banshee can. On top of which, with range/efficiency builds you can keep the stun up indefinitely with just zenurik passive. 

Banshee soundquake is only really good in that one sort of scenario. Interception. And to a lesser extent mobile defense. Every frame has their niche and this just happens to be soundquakes. I dare you to try play soundquake banshee on rathoom for example. Or pretty much any corpus mission where your teammates aren't actively helping you kill the nullifiers and ospreys. It's like how the infiltrate augment made ivara a god at spy missions. But that same augment does barely anything for your interceptions. 

But now say the true. How many rhino have you found spamming Stomp until the point that mission becomes empty?

I did here a suggestion about how to change banshee Allowing the same use than now even improving it making it useful also in defenses or play it with fast nova thing that now can not.

• 2 weeks later...

Banshee should be able to charge the area with soundquake. Releasing the charge should activate the ability so she can move around freely. (Without the ability on her because people can't seem to read.) Since she has to charge it, it is more fun for allies and balanced for enemies. Could easily make duration effect how fast you charge. 

Team game tbh, team affinity, if someone wants to allow me to sit semi-afk while my reforma'd wpns lvl up for little to no effort then all the better.

EDIT: its only annoyance for me is that when used all the drops end up miles away and if your on defence it means running around like a fool collecting stuff as fast as you can at the end of each round.

Edited by Methanoid

• 3 months later...

Another Egotistic rant, what is ya problem? Press 4 and win yeah, it can only be done in Def and Interception might as well mobile def and what is your problem? Energy drain on SQ is a lot!! And what make it hard to spam without EV support! Just because that you want to show off your suppose to be "Awesome playing skill" or "Awesome build to inflate".

You said about fun, I said you people are what make this game not fun and not before long this will change from a good game with large community in to a small dying game for a niche market.

If this a problem so much just ask the DE to DELETE the entire frame from the game (along with other frame like ash, ember, and what so ever!) and have only what you guys really want.

Edited by Balcora5601

On 12/4/2016 at 6:59 AM, Naftal said:

Sound Quake is probably the most problematic warframe ability currently mechanics-wise.

It CCs everything through walls, indefinitely if you can manage energy. It also nukes enemies to some extent.

It removes the ability to move and shoot, meaning you aren't playing when using it, just afking.

In my opinion the whole ability should be removed and something else put in place. It doesn't fit into Banshee's abilities or into the whole game at all...

Based on their decision to remove Bladestorm one would assume this would be something they'd work on. That and World on Fire, but not without appropriate adjustments to the rest of either frame's kit to ensure they are still useful.

49 minutes ago, Ventura_Highway said:

Based on their decision to remove Bladestorm one would assume this would be something they'd work on. That and World on Fire, but not without appropriate adjustments to the rest of either frame's kit to ensure they are still useful.

World on fire is good only at killing trash. bladestorm is a better comparison because it stopped people from killing those marked by it and having the player stuck in an animation for a long period of time. people always talking smack about world on fire but it doesnt scale not like bladestorm. the CC from SQ is also equivalent to old mirage blind again DE changed it because it was nullifying the threat of danger. a range reduction or mechanic change is the way to go.

Took me 3 formas to make my Banshee Prime viable.   Will be sad if they took it out just because people whine about it.

Removing Sound Quake will turn her potentially damaging and powerful ultimate into a weak channeling "oh sh*t moment" skill.

8 minutes ago, Coldie93 said:

Took me 3 formas to make my Banshee Prime viable.   Will be sad if they took it out just because people whine about it.

Removing Sound Quake will turn her potentially damaging and powerful ultimate into a weak channeling "oh sh*t moment" skill.

is this a joke? sonar is her most powerful power. sound quake IS for oh S#&$ moments. 

Edited by EinheriarJudith

11 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

World on fire is good only at killing trash. bladestorm is a better comparison because it stopped people from killing those marked by it and having the player stuck in an animation for a long period of time. people always talking smack about world on fire but it doesnt scale not like bladestorm. the CC from SQ is also equivalent to old mirage blind again DE changed it because it was nullifying the threat of danger. a range reduction or mechanic change is the way to go.

Push 4 to kill is Push 4 to kill for me, regardless of level.

Might be interesting to make Sound Quake a charged radial strike that synergizes with Sonar. I haven't had the chance to mess with Limbo yet but it seems what DE did with Cataclysm made it work well even in higher levels.

13 hours ago, Balcora5601 said:

Another Egotistic rant, what is ya problem? Press 4 and win yeah, it can only be done in Def and Interception might as well mobile def and what is your problem? Energy drain on SQ is a lot!! And what make it hard to spam without EV support! Just because that you want to show off your suppose to be "Awesome playing skill" or "Awesome build to inflate".

You said about fun, I said you people are what make this game not fun and not before long this will change from a good game with large community in to a small dying game for a niche market.

If this a problem so much just ask the DE to DELETE the entire frame from the game (along with other frame like ash, ember, and what so ever!) and have only what you guys really want.

It may only work as a kill everything constantly button in certain game types, but I personally prefer Defense and Interception more than other game types because they're the most directly combat oriented. SQ Banshee can ruin that for everyone. As for the energy drain being too much, I have never seen a SQ Banshee build that had that issue. At most they'll drop out of it near the end of a wave, (if it's a higher difficulty one), and drop a quick energy restore to be good to go again for another five minutes. The reason so many people don't like it is because the ones who do this aren't playing the game, they're pressing a button and not only staying completely still, but also making it so that the other players in the run can't play either. You're basically saying that those of us who don't like not being able to play are making the game less fun by asking for a rework, but the problem is that 3/4 players in a run aren't having fun because it exists how it is. And even that fourth player is very debatable since they aren't actually playing for 95% of the match at that point. As for the way you're acting about people asking for a rework of one skill, is essentially the "If I can't have it my way, no one should have anything their way" mentality that you're claiming others have.....

Banshees SQ is absolutely fine.

To lock a map totally for so long you need a high amount of energy pizzas. When you are willing to spend these amount of energy you could use several Frames to do the same. Banshee is still fragile. You have to take care.

I don't see a big amount of Banshees in the Sorties or high level missions right now, so she is no Meta. When you use a 5 Forma Banshee in an low or medium level missions - it will be easy - as with every other high forma Frame in a low to mid level mission.

So leave her as she is, pls!

7 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

is this a joke? sonar is her most powerful power. sound quake IS for oh S#&$ moments. 

Aaaaannnndddd where in that statement I said that Sound Quake is her most powerful ability?

Yes Sound Quake is her oh sh*t moment skill,  BUT slapping a Resonating Quake makes it a good damage ability.

Edit: I meant removing the Resonating Quake augment. Made a mistake there.. But still where in that statement you get that Sound Quake is her most powerful skill?

Edited by Coldie93

No, really. Who's gonna complain? The 2 people playing her? That min maxing build is boring to you? Guess how she plays.

Btw bro, SQ has the second highest energy drain of all channeled abilitys, right after hysteria. Might just beat hysteria with the augument. There is just No. Way. In. Hell. It was on for the entire game. You just missed the approximately 20 energy plates that banshee must've used over the 3 waves.

3 hours ago, Doc-Orange said:

Banshees SQ is absolutely fine.

To lock a map totally for so long you need a high amount of energy pizzas. When you are willing to spend these amount of energy you could use several Frames to do the same. Banshee is still fragile. You have to take care.

I don't see a big amount of Banshees in the Sorties or high level missions right now, so she is no Meta. When you use a 5 Forma Banshee in an low or medium level missions - it will be easy - as with every other high forma Frame in a low to mid level mission.

So leave her as she is, pls!

As much as this is your opinion, allow me to elaborate as to why I think that SQ isn't "Fine"

First and foremost, it is an ability that forces you to stand still, grounded in a fast-paced horde game. That alone is a bad decision, add to that the infamous Augment mod that incentive you into using 100% of your time and energy into using it to deal more damage and it just gets even worst.

As you may already know, it locks (As in prevent progression) entire small/medium stationary maps, an ability that does this, be it for a short amount of time or for a large one, is not a fairly designed one to be put in a coop game.

Energy would be a good argument if only energy pizza, Zenurik energy boost and trinity evamp didn't exist, those three ( 2 being completely free of cost ) will fill up Banshee's SQ for another 2-3 minutes in a matter of seconds every time it depletes. Arguably, the same can be said about a few other powers, however their core mechanic doesn't scream "Press me and forget about playing for the next 2 minutes"

Not seeing her as meta doesn't make SQ less broken, with banshee alone, it is possible to hold back waves of enemies at the very place they spawn for a large amount of time the following preventing any type of fight to happen.
Interception,mobile defence, hijack, low level defence,etc (maps that requires you to stay stationary and defend a zone) in those situations, it's very likely that having no enemies to fight, due to SQ being active, will simply break the purpose of the mission which is to actually defend a target from said enemies. When you think about it, it's the same as fighting non-existent enemies for the duration of an entire mission, fun isn't it?

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

On 12/4/2016 at 9:09 PM, StinkyPygmy said:

As much as I hate to have to nerf something because other systems allow us to abuse it, I would suggest SQ having a gradual increase in power cost as time goes on or diminishing returns on its damage over the time its channeled. That would at least take it down a notch that it remains godly CC and a great "oh sh1t" button, without hurting banshee too much. I'd hate to see my baby nerfed purely because people are now able to abuse her though. 

it does have a gradual decrease overtime with augment. with the augment the ability is just meh since power means less efficiency vice versa.

the thing is sq players needs a lot of pizza.

4 hours ago, Coldie93 said:

Aaaaannnndddd where in that statement I said that Sound Quake is her most powerful ability?

Yes Sound Quake is her oh sh*t moment skill,  BUT slapping a Resonating Quake makes it a good damage ability.

Edit: I meant removing the Resonating Quake augment. Made a mistake there.. But still where in that statement you get that Sound Quake is her most powerful skill?

you didnt state what you meant by viable. banshee is more than viable without SQ. then for you to say removing it will make it weak oh **** moment power. which it already is. if they replaced sound quake with something else it will hardly affect her kit. changing it to a set and forget it duration would fit her kit better in its place. because shed actually be able to use it on an area and be able to do what the power is intended for. CC area to give you breathing room for banshee herself to get people up or get into a better position from a dangerous situation. nothing irritates me more than SQ banshees doing that garbage on Defense. 

i swear in a coop game people just dont want to play as a team. who solos while they are in a squad like seriously.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you didnt state what you meant by viable. banshee is more than viable without SQ. then for you to say removing it will make it weak oh **** moment power. which it already is. if they replaced sound quake with something else it will hardly affect her kit. changing it to a set and forget it duration would fit her kit better in its place. because shed actually be able to use it on an area and be able to do what the power is intended for. CC area to give you breathing room for banshee herself to get people up or get into a better position from a dangerous situation. nothing irritates me more than SQ banshees doing that garbage on Defense. 

i swear in a coop game people just dont want to play as a team. who solos while they are in a squad like seriously.

Okay,  you do know that you need at least 3 formas to fit all those mods for her builds, whether it's Resonance, Sound Quake or Savage Silence. That's what I meant as viable, not putting formas would only get you subpar results compared to what Banshee could be with formas.

What I disagree on is the notion of removing the Resonance Quake Mod because it makes sound quake a good damaging ability.  Removing the mod would remove any reason for sound quake to be used except for those niche "oh sh*t" moments.

Plus you're already immobile and drains your energy pretty fast when using it. Making it a viable dps skill is a good trade off for that.

And that breathing room bit you mentioned, There's already Silence for that.

You misread what I posted, misunderstood it and then insult me.

And I hate this "I don't like this skill and I don't like other people use it so pls nerf it" mentality.  The simple solution for it is to not play with them. Oh you got a Quakeshee in your squad and you dont like it? Then quit the freakin mission and try again. 

It seems the problem is the kills. Some frame can do better others less. Abilities created to use them when needs or when you want to kill.

Solution - remove the warframe abilities then you rely on weapons only. Oh crap those are Op too nerf every weapon to deal 1 dmg. Scale enemy hp to 10 hp and remove armors and shields. Remove it from frames as well because it is op.

Okey we are done now no one can complain because everything is balanced. Oh crap I forgot companions remove them as well because they are op too. Artax you piece of... You so strong Nerf it....

I hope you guys enjoy the pve experience.

Ok joke aside forgot the balance guys the balance is non existent and it is a never ending job and cycle for the devs because everything easily can be op or utterly bad. Everything is balanced here for role play. These stuffs cannot be the same because it is boring and you will cry everything is the same and generic. Just try to play your game and have fun.