Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Give us more Gear slots, please

str4dlin

The title says so.

We have 8 equipment slots since the beginning of time, Mother Lotus.
Since before there were spectres, air support, glyph, synthesis scanner, scanning trap or dragon keys. Even some event objects.

I understand that they were enough when we just needed some support of life and energy. Some codex scanners and some fireworks to celebrate.

But I think it's time to have a bigger backpack.

This would be amazing...if they finally got keyboard support for consoles. I'm one of those people that hotkey my gear slots and forgo other things for the pure fact that there are only so many buttons on a controller. If they added keyboard support and mouse support for Xbox and PS4, I'd be all for more gear slots.

Conversely, I do like how the 8 we have forces us to plan for a mission rather than just throw all gear in the wheel and forget about it. Much like the mod slots we have, planning makes all the difference and adding more now would simply be for convenience, not necessity.  

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

This would be amazing...if they finally got keyboard support for consoles. I'm one of those people that hotkey my gear slots and forgo other things for the pure fact that there are only so many buttons on a controller. If they added keyboard support and mouse support for Xbox and PS4, I'd be all for more gear slots.

Or maybe we can consider having the PC version play differently. There's not enough gear in the game to make more gear slots a significant advantage, and I see no reason why PC players should miss out on certain improvements because of the limitations of controllers.

10 slots would be a nice number. I'd like to be able to take the 4 types of pods, scanners and 5 different specters :P 

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Or maybe we can consider having the PC version play differently. There's not enough gear in the game to make more gear slots a significant advantage, and I see no reason why PC players should miss out on certain improvements because of the limitations of controllers.

Even then, could just make a controller button bring up the radial wheel, joystick to select which thing. Can have more than 8 on console.

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Because this excludes a large portion of the player base on this game. While console players endure the update delays, being outright excluded would likely result in a moderate player exodus which is never good for business. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Because this excludes a large portion of the player base on this game. While console players endure the update delays, being outright excluded would likely result in a moderate player exodus which is never good for business. 

It just need same key bindings than now for console while PC can have more key bindings but more slots for the equipment wheel on both.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Having more gear slots doesn't alienate the playerbase.