Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sari Syandana Post 19.4.2

issh0man

I got a refund as well - the funds are back in my steam wallet, I'll leave them in there for now in-case the wings get changed back (or a toggle added which I think would be best!). I'll buy it back in a heartbeat if/when things are tweaked a bit.

Awesome, thank you @[DE]Danielle for the response, it's good to know DE are welcoming feedback, especially during the holiday season :) we appreciate your hard work.

I certainly get the reasoning for the change that it was hindering visibility during certain times, I think the solution is a bit too far in the other direction though which now takes away from this Syandana's appeal. I think some sort of slider mechanic for when it's to be open or just a plain toggle would do the trick, old behaviour for some users, new behaviour for others and people can set it how they see fit. 
It's a gorgeous Syandana when open so it would be a shame for it's "open" mode to be so underutilised forever.

Nooooooo!!!!! I want them to be open all the time or as much as possible! not just relays and ships :*((( 
I cannot stress how stupidly important this is!! :DD

anyway a nice compromise is to make them close if the player uses any kind of UI
that way they wont get in the way and you can still be glorious killer fairy

40 minutes ago, Inquizitor said:

Only in relays, dojos, landing crafts?

What if i want it everywhere?

OH MY GOD

Give us just 2 of the same syandana, one with old mechanics and one with new mechanics. Problem would be solved in few minutes.

This, this, this a million times over. I made a post (should be just below this one) with some different mechanics that might work for allowing the always-open wings. I'm really hoping DE sees it and decides to implement something~

22 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

Thank you for your feedback on the recent Sari Syandana changes. To recap, 19.4.2 altered it's open/close functionality as follows: 

• Changed Sari Syandana and Spitfire Syandana to be closed by default, but will open when Bullet Jumping or Aim Gliding. Appendages will now close after 5 seconds, during weapon fire, or when opening the menu. 

The intent of these changes were related to functionality during combat, and the complaints that we received of the wings hindering visibility. Currently the wings are closed by default, but we understand that the overall appeal and cosmetic value of the Syandana is in its wings. It's a unique item with a unique function that is new to us, so we will be adjusting it in the near future to have the wings stay open by default in non-mission environments (Landing Craft, Relays, Dojo, etc.). 

As always we welcome constructive feedback, and appreciate your patience as we work on improving this awesome Tennogen addition. 

Thanks for the answer! I was really sad when my beautiful fairy Titania had her wings hindered T_T. The new change sounds fair enough, but I still believe that a toggleable open/close would be the best solution (everyone happy). 

My current solution would be this: If the toggle is set on open, it would only close when = Opening menus, aiming/shooting. If it is set on closed, it would only open when = Bullet jump, idle. 

I was going to ask for a refund but now I'll have to keep them for the sake of fashionframe :'3 
Thanks DE.

Edited by Lokime

4 hours ago, Inquizitor said:

Only in relays, dojos, landing crafts?

What if i want it everywhere?

OH MY GOD

Give us just 2 of the same syandana, one with old mechanics and one with new mechanics. Problem would be solved in few minutes.

I just hope they don't go for the middle ground and make it 'meh' for both sides.

Which is why I'm going for the refund now and hope for the best in the future.

4 hours ago, Twistedsparkle said:

Nooooooo!!!!! I want them to be open all the time or as much as possible! not just relays and ships :*((( 
I cannot stress how stupidly important this is!! :DD

anyway a nice compromise is to make them close if the player uses any kind of UI
that way they wont get in the way and you can still be glorious killer fairy

That's not a compromise at all. I hated them open because I couldn't see my environment when I was stealthing through missions. The UI had nothing to do with it, as that bug was fixed early on and was what created the bugged always-open wings in the first place.

1 minute ago, Cheeky_Kitty said:

Guys, no panic, but it miiiiight have been fixed. I mean, it looks open as it was before right now, from the store and the arsenal, but I'm waiting before buying it -again-.

It's open in non-mission areas, but during a mission it's only open during bullet jumps.
I reckon it might be an idea for them to add in the open wings while a frame is idling in a mission.

18 minutes ago, -CG-CaramelSquid said:

It's open in non-mission areas, but during a mission it's only open during bullet jumps.
I reckon it might be an idea for them to add in the open wings while a frame is idling in a mission.

Haven't checked yet (still downloading the patch), but basically that's the option I was hoping they wouldn't do. Now you look good in the places you usually are the least of your time. 

Edit: yep, it works like that. Still disappointed (now you just look good half the time).

Edited by Skadedyr

Welp, and there goes the chance of me buying it back I guess... It was nice while it lasted, but the creator shouldn't have been penalized so much, adding a toggle would've made all parts involved actually happy, I'm pretty sure that if they added that lil' toggle all players that requested a refound would immediatly buy it back.

Edited by Cheeky_Kitty

5 minutes ago, Cheeky_Kitty said:

Around 40 minutes, and I placed it under Wrong Purchase.

I placed it under Arsenal/Equipment -> Item Purchase Error and still waiting (21 hours now).

Edit: I don't even have Wrong Purchase in any of my tabs. :awkward: 

Edited by Skadedyr

15 minutes ago, Skadedyr said:

I placed it under Arsenal/Equipment -> Item Purchase Error and still waiting (21 hours now).

Edit: I don't even have Wrong Purchase in any of my tabs. :awkward: 

I don't have it in english, sorry, I'll check it again.

Edit: "Billing and Prime Access"->category->"TennoGen purchase"

Edited by Cheeky_Kitty

Update: 

after putting in a second refund request (first one stayed unanswered for 24 hours) I got the Sari Syandana refunded within an hour.

Make sure you put it in the "Billing -> Payment/Purchase Error" tab and put "Sari Syandana Refund" in the title.