Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sari Syandana Post 19.4.2

issh0man

2 minutes ago, issh0man said:

so, now i'm a bit upset, i just got this response to my request for a refund and, despite the item not being bought with plat, it was denied.

not exactly sure what to do from here.

Which Category did you used and maybe who attended?

i went Billing & Prime Access -> TennoGen Purchase

Edited by Lt.Nagae

1 minute ago, Lt.Nagae said:

that's strange, send a response specifying it was a tennogen purchase, maybe she was a platinum refund request streak and gone on autopilot

just replied with

"The Sari Syandana wasn't bought with platinum, though. It's a tennogen item, so I paid $6.99 or whatever the price is for it."

i'm not too sure what else to say, i'm hoping they actually refund it or i'm not gonna be a happy camper haha.

2 hours ago, issh0man said:

just replied with

"The Sari Syandana wasn't bought with platinum, though. It's a tennogen item, so I paid $6.99 or whatever the price is for it."

i'm not too sure what else to say, i'm hoping they actually refund it or i'm not gonna be a happy camper haha.

Just (re)try:

EDIT 4: if you want a refund you must put it through here "Billing -> Payment/Purchase Error" tab and put "Sari Syandana Refund" in the title, otherwise it will take a while for you to get your refund.

And tell them you expected the wings to stay open in missions. Be polite, explain you would like a refund on your steam account and that you would buy it again if the mechanics were changed.

Edit: it would be weird if they stopped refunding now, so far quite a few people got their refunds because of this reason.

Edited by Skadedyr

Hello, @issh0man, I have some unpleaseant news, if you purchased the syandana over 3 weeks ago, DE cannot give you a refund, even if you do all the steps correctly, a bit of a shame, since I was only keeping it in hopes of them changing it, well, maybe next time I shouldn't hold back in this case....oh well, that's all, I still hope they'll give us an option to choose when they'll open or close, a friend of mine even considered buying IF they stayed open in missions as well, let's see what happens I guess

Edit: Nevermind, please take a look and my other post down here.

Edited by Mirror96

4 hours ago, Mirror96 said:

Hello, @issh0man, I have some unpleaseant news, if you purchased the syandana over 3 weeks ago, DE cannot give you a refund, even if you do all the steps correctly, a bit of a shame, since I was only keeping it in hopes of them changing it, well, maybe next time I shouldn't hold back in this case....oh well, that's all, I still hope they'll give us an option to choose when they'll open or close, a friend of mine even considered buying IF they stayed open in missions as well, let's see what happens I guess

Well, here's something DE might want to communicate a bit more clearly to their members (I mean, they knew a lot of players were holding back here in this thread). :awkward:

2 hours ago, Skadedyr said:

Well, here's something DE might want to communicate a bit more clearly to their members (I mean, they knew a lot of players were holding back here in this thread). :awkward:

Hello, sorry for crashing this thread, but before further fire wars start, I just got a message from DE saying that they had a closer look and they refunded it, please don't start trashing them or holding any grudges, thank you for your attention. Also, mr @issh0man, this might mean they'll be able to refund you, isn't that nice?

Edited by Mirror96

I totally agree. I would've accepted a "No" from DE, but that they didn't give a single word about this is very disappointing and, in my honest opinion, not acceptable considering the item is quite expensive and doesn't do what was advertised. And on top of that there have been plenty of people complaining and requesting refunds!

I'll think twice next time before buying a special syandana...

3 hours ago, Cheeky_Kitty said:

Guess it was fun while it lasted. 6€ for a Syandana that got butchered and then changed in textures with no words from DE to the customers. I honestly feel bad for Malayu, his creation was stunning.

Have you (or any other Tenno, too) got pics of before and after to compare? If it's in defaults if possible it'd be better.

Edited by NightmareT12

7 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Have you (or any other Tenno, too) got pics of before and after to compare? If it's in defaults if possible it'd be better.

I haven't seen anyone other than Cheeky_Kitty claim that textures have been changed. As far as I can tell, if they have (which is possible, it is a noticeable difference), all they did was darken the spots on the wings but leave everything else completely the same. I'm unsure if it's just the lighting in my ship being different, however.

This was one of the only screenshots I had from when it was first released.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/99474701104742702/CCD603E1D504C20BE1039A30006762D6CB38F864/

Also a darker area in a mission:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/99474701104743336/3EED58362776EDE07ECD3A8210C079E860B2EF68/

And here's a screenshot from today, taken in the same spot on my ship:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91596491020721873/57760FDE719D9178931BACC1BC4160C5641C7844/

I haven't changed my Saryn's color scheme since I settled on the purple, so the hues are exactly the same.

And for the record, while I'm still pro-toggle on this, just as many people hated the wings being out all the time as those who liked it. Seems to have been an even split, but either way, the wings were not out permanently when they were first released for a few hours. A lot of people in this thread seem to forget the rage thread about wings being out all the time before it was fixed. Personally, I only took those old two screenshots to write to support and show them how obnoxious I felt the wings were when they were constantly obstructing my view. I'm happy with how they are now, though I don't like how DE handled the situation, and I do think a toggle or duplicate syndana would've been the best option.

As for the textures, I can't really tell. The textures look the same. The spots might have been made a bit more opaque permanently, though. My graphic settings have not changed a bit (though they did add in that anti-aliasing retouch option a while back). It does look a little less fantastic than it did when it came out, if this is a permanent thing - glinting a very pastel purple-white in lights was a nice touch.

11 hours ago, Cat__Nap said:

I haven't seen anyone other than Cheeky_Kitty claim that textures have been changed. As far as I can tell, if they have (which is possible, it is a noticeable difference), all they did was darken the spots on the wings but leave everything else completely the same. I'm unsure if it's just the lighting in my ship being different, however.

This was one of the only screenshots I had from when it was first released.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/99474701104742702/CCD603E1D504C20BE1039A30006762D6CB38F864/

Also a darker area in a mission:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/99474701104743336/3EED58362776EDE07ECD3A8210C079E860B2EF68/

And here's a screenshot from today, taken in the same spot on my ship:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91596491020721873/57760FDE719D9178931BACC1BC4160C5641C7844/

I haven't changed my Saryn's color scheme since I settled on the purple, so the hues are exactly the same.

And for the record, while I'm still pro-toggle on this, just as many people hated the wings being out all the time as those who liked it. Seems to have been an even split, but either way, the wings were not out permanently when they were first released for a few hours. A lot of people in this thread seem to forget the rage thread about wings being out all the time before it was fixed. Personally, I only took those old two screenshots to write to support and show them how obnoxious I felt the wings were when they were constantly obstructing my view. I'm happy with how they are now, though I don't like how DE handled the situation, and I do think a toggle or duplicate syndana would've been the best option.

As for the textures, I can't really tell. The textures look the same. The spots might have been made a bit more opaque permanently, though. My graphic settings have not changed a bit (though they did add in that anti-aliasing retouch option a while back). It does look a little less fantastic than it did when it came out, if this is a permanent thing - glinting a very pastel purple-white in lights was a nice touch.

In your screenshots it also shows, the texture of the colored bits of the wings has been changed a bit. (I also recall it being written in a hotfix but my memory is awful so don't quote me on that)
Sadly I don't have specific screenshots of before/now in perfect poses to compare, so I took the ones that were the most clear, the one in the grineer tileset is the one I took the day it was released, and the one on my ship is the one I just took for comparison.
http://imgur.com/a/P05Oi
At the release the colored spots were more silk-like, later on (I think a little before the change? Or with the change itself) the texture was changed to be the same as Oberon's skirt in his deluxe skin with a more rugged(?) look.
Again, forgive me for my awful english.

Edited by Cheeky_Kitty

I bought this Syandana specially because it had open wings. The behavior before was great. One solution could be to tweak the bone so it would make the wing go behind the zoom in during the aiming. If people complain about the open wings, they should just damn buy a CAPE instead.

14 hours ago, JvnRagnar said:

I bought this Syandana specially because it had open wings. The behavior before was great. One solution could be to tweak the bone so it would make the wing go behind the zoom in during the aiming. If people complain about the open wings, they should just damn buy a CAPE instead.

Well....while I agree with the fact that the major charm of the wings was that hey stayed open, I guess saying that those people should buy a cape for that a bit too extreme....though, I guess you do have a point, since sari looks pretty much like an ordinary cape while folded, and sort of look like a fly's wings...(not to be confused with a butterfly, one is a fly, and the other is a fly with butter, just kidding) while I do agree that they don't feel the same now, maybe getting this worked up is a bit....extreme, I guess?

I don't really know if a tennogen content feedback belongs here or on steam page but... oh well.

Sari Syandana is almost fabulous. It's well though that it always retract when you use your weapons (you do not want to self harm your precious wings, do you ? And this way it never hinder your visibility), and seems (from what I tested) to trigger only on bullet jump, which make you have it pretty much permanently while parkour'ing.

It's almost perfect. Almost ! I wish it could remains open as long as you're using Titania Razorwing. Because, hey, those wings are so well designed for Titania, but it looks a bit pityful to see those closed when you're using Razorwing.

Almost maybe you should make those flapping with a short angle and high frequency ? That would make those even more gorgeous.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the reason this is not getting off the ground is that DE isnt losing money on this. Otherwise im sure a toggle option would be implemented or even some statement about if its even being considered. Id buy the Sari again, but as it stands its just ugly as sin closed. 

On 2/14/2017 at 10:18 PM, Lt.Nagae said:

Well ladies and Gentleman...last push on this subject i think....maybe....if nothing, pack your bags and go home, battle is lost

Don't sass me! I'm a bit confused now, is that only for warframe skins? If so, I'm a bit sad

• 2 months later...

well DE maybe not LOOSING money on this but actually they are making less money than they could.

a week ago i bought this syandany cause i thought it would look awesome on titania not knowing that the wings are NOT open all the time because when u buy them they are shown OPEN and there is no hint in the description that they are closed per default in missions.

so i wrote that argument down to DE and they refunded me without hesitation.

so i got my money back but i am still sad that this gorgous syandanas potential is wasted like this

On 12/22/2016 at 3:55 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

Thank you for your feedback on the recent Sari Syandana changes. To recap, 19.4.2 altered it's open/close functionality as follows: 

• Changed Sari Syandana and Spitfire Syandana to be closed by default, but will open when Bullet Jumping or Aim Gliding. Appendages will now close after 5 seconds, during weapon fire, or when opening the menu. 

The intent of these changes were related to functionality during combat, and the complaints that we received of the wings hindering visibility. Currently the wings are closed by default, but we understand that the overall appeal and cosmetic value of the Syandana is in its wings. It's a unique item with a unique function that is new to us, so we will be adjusting it in the near future to have the wings stay open by default in non-mission environments (Landing Craft, Relays, Dojo, etc.). 

As always we welcome constructive feedback, and appreciate your patience as we work on improving this awesome Tennogen addition. 

@[DE]Danielle please, please, please, just give us a toggle button? Please? I mean, we've spent real money on this, shouldn't' we have the choice to preen if we wish to? You could even just make an animation for the q button? I just feel kind of gyped that I can't control when I want them opened...