Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Quest: The Glast Gambit Feedback

[DE]Taylor

Not really sure what is happening, but yesterday I spent something like 3 hours trying to get parts for nidus and honestly I was bored to tears, I had to log off this game and reconsider just buying the nidus warframe on plat because I felt scammed. I did the quest, I got the blueprint but the parts are not even worth farming for. 3 hours into the mission and I  didn't get a single part? then I'm hearing people already have 8 nidus systems. ? how?, I did the quest right as it came out how in the world could somebody have 8 nidus systems and I don't even have a single part? how does any of that make sense. But I'm gonna wait and see what happends if nothing gets done I'm gonna start posting negative warframe reviews all over the place and I think I'm uninstalling the game. btw people, all negative comments get deleted by DE... no wonder I don't hear as many people talk garbage as much as they should....no wonder.

Quest was very good. Index enemies could have been a bit more challenging.

Although it did make me feel like a member of an ancient warrior race piloting power armor fighting businessmen in jumpsuits so it does fit lore.

Joking aside I found nothing wrong with working your way up the index. It would have felt cheap not to have to contend with a reluctant seller and cheating from Anyo.

Spy was a cinch. Maybe the vaults could have been guarded by some of the brokers.

Overall a good way to end the year.

Running to defend the colony with the Hunters lined up behind me felt really epic.

And hearing. "The Tenno actually came!" reminded me why we do this. 

Looking forward to meeting and defending more colonists in the future.

Interaction between Nidus and the infested door was... interesting. Thankfully I had my frame sit in the chair, not my operator. 

Looking forward to what Helminth will add to my arsenal. 

Edited by Rakawan

Now after venting my disconceit in this thread earlier, here some constructive criticism.

Nidus
If you do not intent on giving the parts with the questline itself, which in my opinion is a huge waste, then you have to point towards the location you obtain it. After the quest I was left confused as to why I only had gotten the BP, with no indication of to where to go to. Of course I consulted the wiki, but this shouldn't be necessary. A good design demands this to be explained ingame.

Index
I know this makes content generation easy, but don't just duplicate a mission through. It is not fun to play the same mission 5 times, three rounds each. By design alone the arena felt wrong. Why would we lose on a three-round match if we lost one round? If it was a tournament, play that out more. If not, best 2 out of 3 would have been better and also would've been a nicer way to introduce the twist, which by the way was far too obvious. Alike the finale of Natah, where you had to seal the bomb for several rounds, monotonous tasks with snippets of lore are not engaging.

Show, don't tell is far better than exposition in any case, so please consider taking more time on lorebased updates and work the lore more into the world.

Spoiler

The first mission is great. I think people who actually live in this world are a big part of what is missing to the game overall.
There could have been more details in the colony and I don't understand why there is no extraction point in the colony.

There was too much index. I got really tired of doing the same thing over and over again. You should also get a mod at the end of each round imo.

I am kind of disappointed, because we don't get to farm the nidus parts from a boss.

This is my first post \(^_^ )/

The new quest begins very nice, maybe could be also harder for strongest players, but is ok, good scene sequences, good gameplay.

The Index match begin nice and is more a competition between players than Anyo's brokers, is a bit repeatitive (like the 4 antennas match where there are 2 looong waves for win the mission (ç_ç) imho could be better just one but with Bursa and Yeena togheter or Some Grineer Boss ) 

The Index Match lost every kind of logic of game when the "Score Limit" appears.  I "lost" a  match 13/0 (!__!  ) Is not my fault if the AI'Brokers canT do neither 3 miserable points XD i canT control the opponent's performance :P

Same in the coop Team vs the Index, I canT control the Brokers performance (they get 11 point in the last 3 seconds and i lost 10/11 \(>,,,< )/ and in another round my teammates did 2 little points and we "lost" 17/6 _(é_é, )_  , at third attempt my Team did also a tie 12/12 \(X, x)_ ....but we lost cause tie is Anyo's wins (ç...ç ) .

480.000cr lost in less than 30 minutes (ç__ç ) i canT finish this Quest!

Suggestion: Remove the "Score Limit" from Index, cause is 100% luck and 0.001% skill  OR add the option of "redeem" the poor prisoners(cr,prime parts,items,ducats) with corruption or "Rescue" missions.

5 hours ago, JamesMcJam said:

I didn't mind the index so much, buuuut I did have a mirage/simulor combo equipped, so maybe that doesn't mean too much as it all just kinda flew past.

Yeah, the only hard part of the Index was trying to tell my teammate to not cash in a ton of points. The first round, he cashed in like 9 points, after me and another guy only cashed in 1. Luckily Anyo managed to cash in a point, so it got down to the 10 point max, but yeah, otherwise, it was easy peasy with a Mirage/Simulor. Press 1, pull trigger, gather phat ducats!

Do you really call this a quest? And the laucher even states that its an "cinematic quest". 5x index and one spy? 3x the same render in a letter. 1 actual mission, the "intro".

Get rid of the post stamps talking to u in the crazy action where u get distracted all the time by screaming and overdone visual effects.

And then u have to grind for hours again for the parts?

I really was into Inaros and Titania but this new quest dissapointed me.

I'm confused is it just me or can I not do the second part of the quest? I have the quest set as active but every time I try to do the next section of the quest it's totally grey'd out.

EDIT: Figured out what the problem was didn't realize I had to listen to the whole dialogue lines.

Edited by Chrisplosion
Problem solved.

I was very disappointed from the Glast Gambit quest. Extremely repetitive and a waste of credits. Betting a certain amount of credits wasnt a good idea to access the quest, players who failed to follow proper instruction or understand the quest they would lose their credits. I lost about 300k and I got back only 160k from the quest as reward for finishing it . The quests were in the same place all the time nothing new nothing impressing. The idea of the story about the girl wasnt that bad but poorly executed I would give a 3/10 rating. I did not enjoy the syndicate story at all needs some changes if possible.

Really enjoyed the first mission of the quest. Nice to see more of the world beyond just the relays, and Grineer and Corpus military ships and bases. Can't wait for more glimpses into the world beyond what the Tenno normally see.

Index portion of the quest could have been a bit shorter. Was bored to tears of the Index by the time I got to the Spy mission.

Infested Salvage needs some tweaks on it's drop table. With an "ideal" run of a 4-man team taking ~5 minutes a wave (timed it), same as survival but without the mass number of enemies to farm resources and affinity off of, I can't see why anyone will still be playing it a month from now if even the B and C rotations has a chance of a mod or endo dropping. IMO B should have a 100% relic chance and C only relics or Nidus parts... actually, scratch that. B rotation should be where the Nidus part drops, with C having a 100% relic chance, or people still needing Nidus 3-4 months from now will struggle to find a group willing to go 4 waves before bailing.

Edited by Foefaller

Aaaaaaaand I'm already hating it:

- Too many repeat missions on the Index

- Wasting money if your team decides to be retards

- Too easy to troll when you need to let them win with a margin

Especially that last margin part is the worst design choice I've seen in a while, why give the enemy 2 ways to win with one of them residing in our team not being stupid?

Do you know the ridiculous amount of retards that simply kill everything and cash in the credits because thinking is too hard?

FFS...

PS: And I give up. Thank you DE for ruining my Christmas with this broken quests.

Edited by Denpoman

You know what this quest needs?  A proper climatic battle.  During the last mission, my screen flashed and I thought I was getting ambushed by the Syndicates or something.  Sadly, nothing appeared.  Just imagine:  Nef is so desperate to win that he bribes someone he normally wouldn't touch.  As round 2 ends, the screen starts to flicker and, when the final round starts, something like the Stalker, Zanuka Hunter, or G3 join the match on the enemy side, complete with their own dialogue.  Or maybe something completely new?  It'd be cool and definitely make that last bit more interesting and exciting.

This is the absolute.

Worst.

Goddamn mission concept I have ever played in a video game ever.

This is by far the worst concept for a mission in a video game.

This is by far the worst concept for a mission type I have ever encountered, ever.

I would literally prefer to walk on rusted nails and shards of razor glass stuck between layers of fiberglass woven with syphilis after taking a nice hot dip in boiling sulfuric acid then immediately after enter a room full of chlorine gas for a minimum of 30 seconds than do the 10 margin of victory in this mission. You can't play with people because they're stupid. You can't play with AI because they're even more r3tarded. Whoever thought of this needs to be fired ASAP and replaced with competency. Not to mention you lose everything and for folk that don't have millions upon millions of this stupid in game currency lined up at their feet this means sitting for hours in Ceres.

No thank you.

Edited by AshenHaze

So, why is there no Nidus in "The Nidus Quest"

Don't get me wrong. Yeah you get the blueprint at the end, unlock Infested Salvage, and sure it's vaguely Infested related -- it's also not a bad quest per-say.

But it has NOTHING to do with the Nidus Warframe.

In my head, Infested Salvage is backtracking into old, abandoned Myconian archives to retrieve lost info for the purpose of solving the whole HAVING TO KILL CHILDREN TO MAINTAIN THEIR TRADITION malarkey at the end of the quest.

But I can't be sure, since nothing in the quest sticks out as having given me that idea.

For the record I asked Neewa choose her own fate, but I never wanted to wash my hands of the Myconian plight. I shouldn't have been given a Dark shift because of my neutral choice. Imho, forcing her to be cured and scattering the Myconians to an unknown fate is no better than imposing a death sentence with no choice from her. DE, you're making the huge GAME DEVELOPER mistake of applying binary morality to nuanced situations.

DE ... ARE YOU BECOMING Peter Molyneux?

You can easily fix this by
(A) LESS INDEX, OMFG!
(B) Put Nidus in the lore of HIS OWN FRIGGING QUEST
(C) Explain what Infested Salvage is and why the player might actually want to do it BASED ON that choice at the end of the quest.

It's edit:FREEKING SIMPLE!
Light Choice :: Okay you've cured Neewa but upset the Myconians and ended the chain. Your actions will have doomed them unless you can re-discover the True Infestation Immunity (that for the purposes of the quest only works with Myconian bloodlines). Ego Glast demands there may be one possible recompense (see below).
Neutral/Dark Choice :: Lotus feels guilty about your resigning Neewa to her fate. Ego Glast suggests there may be one possible solution that would save Neewa, but not upset the Myconian way of life... too much. (see below).

Glast's Demand/Solution:
DUH! IT'S FRIGGING SALVAGE!!!

Seriously, guys! I get making a game this big can be distracting... but at least THINK about this a little!!!

Edited by holyicon
oops!

Wow was this bad. I hate to say it but this quest was rushed and unpolished. How did someone not playtest and get completely confused. I didn't want spoliers so I didn't read the patch notes for the glast gambit. I looked up the quest in the codex, went to the relay as instructed, sat through the long intro, but since i was with a friend I said "not yet" backed out, joined a squad with them (going to the relay together takes you out of your squad). Then clicked back..

... and had to sit through the entire intro again with no way to skip it. <Sigh>

The first part was simple but i get it's low level, so that's fine. done and out

The index was unnecessarily long, what 6 matches in total? Could have cut out some there, i didn't need to do 6 matches of the index the index is terrible. Introduce it to us sure, make us play it a couple times but not that many.  BTW the "play the game but you must lose cause we said so" is the worst video game trope out there, sad to see it included here.

The "alignment" choice is utterly ridiculous. Send her back is pure evil? That's the GOOD choice. The lotus (imposing yourself on her and her people against her will) is the EVIL choice. I wanted to just send her back, but it being the evil choice i had to settle for let her decide, the neutral choice.Whoever did that alignment choice doesn't understand alignment. So I couldn't do what I wanted to do in the quest because DE's concept of alignment is so flawed.

The real issue with the quest is what is missing. Any mention of Nidus. Huh? How is this related? Why do we get a bp for nidus at the end of this quest? What is nidus? why is a WF involved here? What does this have to do with the quest? What does nidus have to do with the Myconians. She is the last guardian, but she's not a wf, she's not nidus... huh?

So the quest ends you get a bp... then what? How do you get nidus? no mention of how to do this. Turns out it's a new mission type. Why didn't we do this mission type as part of the quest like the jordas golem (then farm it more after). Why play 6 index missions and not one of these? This mission type isn't even LISTED IN THE CODEX UNDER MISSION TYPES. There is no way to know it even exists.

Nothing is worse than completing the quest and having to go into clan and region chat and ask what to do next....

Sure go back and read the patch notes, but it just says new mission doesn't say it's for nidus, and  what about those players who join next month they have to read every patch note in the history of the game? How does this quest not at all point you in the direction of the new node to farm the nidus parts?

Man, I have to say you've been dropping the ball DE. This was by far the worst quest released so far. Mainly because with the premise (and oh that first mission was OUTSTANDING), it could actually be interpreted as SOLID commentary on social and ethical issues. But it was a great opportunity squandered away in favour of making the game senselessly grindy because apparently players have no life outside of Warframe. GOOD LORD that Index was rage inducing, mind numbingly repetitive, boring, and the quest itself has NOTHING TO DO WITH NIDUS. What? Erm...

Nidus on the other hand was an immaculately designed frame. I've been levelling him up and it's been a blast so far.

Sigh....you're driving me away from warframe, guys. Please. Stop shoehorning things such as the Index into quests, you know, "just 'cause". Stupid high build costs, new resources keep getting added to the game whether or not their inclusion in certain quests makes sense lore wise (WHY does Nidus need Kuva again?), Hema research cost (WHAT THE...)...I'm really getting burned out. Not on Warframe, but on how players are being treated. It's unfortunate, and very sad. I want to love this game, but you folks aren't making it easier for me.   

2 hours ago, Legion216 said:

Man, I have to say you've been dropping the ball DE. This was by far the worst quest released so far. Mainly because with the premise (and oh that first mission was OUTSTANDING), it could actually be interpreted as SOLID commentary on social and ethical issues. But it was a great opportunity squandered away in favour of making the game senselessly grindy because apparently players have no life outside of Warframe. GOOD LORD that Index was rage inducing, mind numbingly repetitive, boring, and the quest itself has NOTHING TO DO WITH NIDUS. What? Erm...

Nidus on the other hand was an immaculately designed frame. I've been levelling him up and it's been a blast so far.

Sigh....you're driving me away from warframe, guys. Please. Stop shoehorning things such as the Index into quests, you know, "just 'cause". Stupid high build costs, new resources keep getting added to the game whether or not their inclusion in certain quests makes sense lore wise (WHY does Nidus need Kuva again?), Hema research cost (WHAT THE...)...I'm really getting burned out. Not on Warframe, but on how players are being treated. It's unfortunate, and very sad. I want to love this game, but you folks aren't making it easier for me.   

The only solution is to stop buying plat I guess no matter what happens.

Sadly, I had stuff saved up since SUMMER for the infested frame as I literally portioned a huge amount of Plat to myself just in preparation of the release and insta-bought him which is probably saying something to the game devs like "Hey, we found another obnoxious way to make people wait before they get their fun things and it forces them to buy more in the store. Great!"

It was even more underwhelming than TWW for me. The colony part was absoultely great, the game felt so much more human there, with actual people speaking and hanging around. Then there was a spy mission and the Corpus arena, the end. Not a single word about the new frame, no lore insights, nothing about Corpus besides another Nef's enterprise being a comic relief again. I mean, I was really excited to learn something new about the corporation, about what makes Nidus more infested than other frames and why he is that way, but everything I've ever heard of him is that the colonists had his blueprint from the war. I don't get it why Nef stole Neewa, basically, with her being only good as a cure for the colony, just to bait Glast and relieve him of his business? And then Glast risked it all and used a relic to bait Nef, that was 'the Glast Gambit'? Eh. And the grand infested door opening is available to Nidus only? Why? It's my ship, why should I require a frame to walk around it? Especially with the frame being so poor on the lore side.

Choices don't seem to change much. Chose to bring her home and I don't know whether it's the evil one or not, but for me it was shown as evil. Anyway, the girl is smiling, she's going to be the last sacrifice ever, everyone is happy and come on I picked the bad decision, shouldn't it be more depressive? Like, continiuning the child killing cycle and thinking of actual consequences? But maybe it just bugged for me, because I know my alignment is probably bugged. It's now different from the one I ended up with in the quest, more positive that before. Needless to say, it doesn't change anything at all besides the symbol in my profile still.

Hema... It's good to have a resource sink now and then to relieve ourselves from stuff we have tons of and don't use, like Sibear maybe, but who ever has 5000 mutagen samples? Around 2k in-mission hours and I have 200, ran a derelict survival with both boosters and a Smeeta, got 108 in 20 minutes, it's laughable. Naturally, I've no reason to come back to the derelict besides the samples, and that's what makes getting them extremely dull, don't know if I will even bother. Overall, it feels like there's been way too many infested weapons this year, like, some with each new frame released, and Caustacyst. Also, we got the Index, but we didn't get that related new vandal weapon.

Conclave-only tactical alert and that charity thing with undoable goals left a bad feeling and I hoped 19.5 would make it better, but no, surprisingly it did not.

Quest is pretty alright, and I'm enjoying the Index quite a bit. However, the part of the Glast Gambit where you have to maintain a 10-point margin is surprisingly easy to lose. I hope that gets rebalanced soon, because this is more than slightly tedious and the losses are substantial.