Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

My best guess is that at day 7, whether you have Nidus or not, the growth will be removable and usable for breeding a Helminth Charger, and I assume from that point onwards, you either develop resistance, or you can remove the cyst at any stage in its germination.

9 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

My best guess is that at day 7, whether you have Nidus or not, the growth will be removable and usable for breeding a Helminth Charger, and I assume from that point onwards, you either develop resistance, or you can remove the cyst at any stage in its germination.

There is a sound to remove the cyst, but it's not in use at this time.

Ah so it's true, it does change our Alignment. (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/740237-alignment-and-infested-door-spoilers/)

Besides annoying, this mechanic shows that Helminth is a Moon alignment character, or in other words, a ''dark'' character (not necessarily evil). The only way to avoid infection is by not  getting stabbed by the chair (just don't sit on it, you can still open the door and explore with Nidus) and staying on Solo Mode. Alternatively, in case you get infected, switch your Warframe so you don't infect anyone else. Avoid Dojos and Relays (oh boy, imagine when Baro shows up? Mass infection).

This all looks like an experiment on DE's part, to know how long it would take to infect a certain % of players in the game. Whatever it is, it won't be changed any time soon until after the holidays. Maybe in 7 days we'll know.

Edited by Rush95

4 hours ago, Verrenen said:

Hope he will be more useful than Kubrows

From the looks of the mods that were linkable before the patch, he looks like he'll be purely offensive, with no utility mods, combing a huras's charge attack with a sunika/sahasas' finisher attack.  Theoretically he'll put out more DPS than any other kubrow.  Beyond that, it'll be up to AI quirks to really set him apart.

Just now, TheDefenestrater said:

From the looks of the mods that were linkable before the patch, he looks like he'll be purely offensive, with no utility mods, combing a huras's charge attack with a sunika/sahasas' finisher attack.  Theoretically he'll put out more DPS than any other kubrow.  Beyond that, it'll be up to AI quirks to really set him apart.

Can't wait to see him stuck at a wall or container

3 minutes ago, Verrenen said:

Can't wait to see him stuck at a wall or container

Well, I doubt he'll be as useless as a chesa.  I just hope they give him a unique model.  I'd rather not have a deformed grineer lancer as a pet.  Something more purely infested or wild looking would be way better.

8 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Well, I doubt he'll be as useless as a chesa.  I just hope they give him a unique model.  I'd rather not have a deformed grineer lancer as a pet.  Something more purely infested or wild looking would be way better.

He will not look like typical charger.I mean,what is the purpose of putting it on Kubrow when he would look so disguisting.Imagine capturing grineer lancer and forcefully turning him into one of those ugly freaks.He will probably look like Kubrow with infested upgrades,maybe Armor on something.And I don't think DE would completely another kind of Companion just to see him in trash.I hope he will have some great damage potential and some unique abilities like energy/life refill

Edited by Verrenen

Well, I'm on the 5th day, I used the Infested room, on the day of release or day after, I can not remember, but regardless either on Wednesday 28th/29th of Tursday, I shuold have the fully grown Cytus. So, I'll post my findings on here.

But, I can confirm it is growing bigger. So once the 7 day mark hits, I'll see if I can use it on my Dog or in the Egg.

25 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

I just hope they give him a unique model.  I'd rather not have a deformed grineer lancer as a pet.  Something more purely infested or wild looking would be way better.

On the loading screen, you can see a Charger on there, but if you look closely, you can see that it has more "Spikes" on it, then the one in-game, and you can clearly see Nidus pointing at something, like hes commanding it.

My guess, it will be a Unquiet Charger, without the Grinner head, with extra parts or so. Cuz if its gonna be a pet like so, then we can color or and give it armor, to our hearts desire 

5 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Well, I'm on the 5th day, I used the Infested room, on the day of release or day after, I can not remember, but regardless either on Wednesday 28th/29th of Tursday, I shuold have the fully grown Cytus. So, I'll post my findings on here.

But, I can confirm it is growing bigger. So once the 7 day mark hits, I'll see if I can use it on my Dog or in the Egg.

Wait fifth?Didn't Nidus came out 2 days ago? 

Edit:My bad, was just late,sorry

Edited by Verrenen

18 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

To you, sure. Not to me.

...Has any other frame disfigured your frame before? Without warning? Ever?
Nope.

So naturally, it's a bit of a shock..
A bit of a ugly, unsightly shock that I can't remove.
From a brand new frame, that just magically messed with my 2 year old Hydroid main.

People pay real money for cosmetics in this game, so it's not a mystery that the small details matter.

Its a tiny little bump. You don't even see if it you're not looking for it.

Its like VacuumGate all over again.

So now with these space disease what I did in the tww doesn't seem to madder much anymore does it. I mean I had my sun/moon thing in the middle now with this infested stuff. im almost all the way on the moon side. what exactly does all this mean?

Spoiler

Check the reddit. We already have a idea what it's for, and it's going to be awesome. For now, though we have to put up with it. And yes, eventually it'll turn into a big blob, with a creepy tentacle. But not for long. i expect DE already have the follow-up-content ready! 

6 minutes ago, double1 said:

So now with these space aids what I did in the tww doesn't seem to madder much anymore does it. I mean I had my sun/moon thing in the middle now with this infested crap im almost all the way on the moon side. what exactly does all this mean?

There was/is a bug where the choices at the end of the quest gave different karma than what was displayed.

Other than that, I don't think the 'space aids' cyst gives any kind of karma. Though I may be wrong as I haven't gotten it yet. (Xmas and stuff)