Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think I'm going insane

Delta-Epsilon_Limit

2 minutes ago, Hitexh said:

I run it 20 times, and cant get the system. So i decide to play solo, and after  7 times, i got it. Solo is faster but more boring because you cant chat with anyone though.

then just bring 1 friend (thats what i did) with you or join a discord chat and talk to people

Edited by hazerddex

1 hour ago, Delta-Epsilon_Limit said:

I've done infested salvage so much, I think I'm actually dying. I've gotten 13 metal auger mods, and 7 Nidus systems, then a bunch of other crap like 80 endo, but no other Nidus parts. This mission is so draining and it feels like I'm making no progress at all. I get depressed whenever I find out that I got some useless "stretch" mod or 80 endo from a C reward. I could have gone to Heiracon and on rotation A got 400 endo.

In all honesty, farming for Equinox and Ash were more bearable than this. And I refuse to use plat to pay for a nonprime warframe!

Send.... Help.... Will to live and play this game... Fading *dies on keyboard* 

Warframe is 100% free to play only if your time has no value. If your time does have value, then you need to ask yourself why you're turning a leisure activity into a chore. Play what's fun. If you want Nidus, buy or trade for him. Do the things that are actually enjoyable.

1 minute ago, (PS4)underthumb said:

Warframe is 100% free to play only if your time has no value. If your time does have value, then you need to ask yourself why you're turning a leisure activity into a chore. Play what's fun. If you want Nidus, buy or trade for him. Do the things that are actually enjoyable.

It's a bit different when you have literally 99% of all items and warframes...

I've been done with quests or whatever to try to obtain Warframes, so what I've done is save up for plat and just buy the Warframe, saves time and stress. Some may say I'm not playing the game the way it should be to get the full idea of what Warframe is but to me it's about me having fun, and stressing about RNG or playing a quest that offers no fun to me is not my idea of having fun.

On 2016-12-27 at 6:20 PM, Ex09 said:

I've done at least 730 Spy missions and still haven't gotten Ivara Chassis. What's next to insane?

I love how this comment has been pretty much ignored.  Sad really, because Ivara can be just as, if not more "grindy" than Nidus.  +1 to you!  More about it below.

On 2016-12-27 at 7:18 PM, Zealotux said:

P.S. Don´t buy him. I was dead set on obtaining him through grinding and it paid off.

Good advice.  Sorta.

On 2016-12-27 at 7:18 PM, Zealotux said:

Those who bought him only encourage DE in making similar S#&$ in the future.

What do you mean by "in the future"?  It's not like the "Nidus grind" is a new thing.  Let's run though the list, shall we:

Ivara - Grind the bottom tier spy missions for a chance at drop for one of her blueprints, then "grind" you way through the star map to the junctions, "grind" your way through the junction tasks, just to get to the next tier of spy mission for the next blueprint...which can still drop the previous tier of blueprint...or a credit cache...or some other, so-called "useless" reward like many have been griping aboot when talking about Nidus.

Vauban - Place your faith in RNG that you are logged in when an alert spawns, and that it isn't for a blueprint you already have...or slave yourself to an alert app...

Mesa - Wait for RNG to spawn an Infested Outbreak with a nav coordinate reward, run it, then run the assassinate, rinse and repeat and hope you don't get duplicates.

Nyx, even - Grind Phorid alerts for the blueprints when they appear...however, now that Phorid seems to be ever-present on the star map, it isn't much of an issue, but a Manifestation wasn't always a guaranteed thing in the past.

And then there's Primes...

And Chroma...

And the Brakk...

And Hate...

And Despair...

And so on...

All cash grabs by the evil DE overlords?

I think not.

Get a grip.

There's nothing wrong with the "Nidus grind" because it isn't any different than the grind for any other warframe.  Yes, the grind doesn't start until you get through the Index - which I will admit is too long - but so what?  The grind for Chroma involves Rathuum.  Does that qualify Chroma as a cash grab as well?

Not likely.

On 12/28/2016 at 9:40 AM, hazerddex said:

??? i got all 4 parts

When you say 4, you mean 3 from the mission, bp from the quest right?

1 hour ago, Delta-Epsilon_Limit said:

Update, just got 5 Vital Sense in a row, simply amazing. But also, I found that the map that's overly infested with the light switch emp button actually counts faster than the other flat triangle map, so thought I'd put that out there.

Personally don't like playing that emp map. The injectors are too spread out so im exposed more often to the corrosive (not to mention the parkour elements)

Btw does the emp even do anything? I've yet to observe its function.

44 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

When you say 4, you mean 3 from the mission, bp from the quest right?

Personally don't like playing that emp map. The injectors are too spread out so im exposed more often to the corrosive (not to mention the parkour elements)

Btw does the emp even do anything? I've yet to observe its function.

all 4 bp and the mission

and ya emp map is terrible raid map is best map

Edited by hazerddex

Equinox is not hard at all, its just farming for 2 warframes basiclly.

Ivara, if you know what to do and fast enough, every mission is around 7-9 minutes.

Nidus is a pain because 

1. its not a creative mission- they just copied the exact same mission just easier from jordas verdict

2.incredibly long- it takes too long to do one round, and for nidus- 4 rounds?

3.boring- you dont do anything special but pressing the injectors.

8 hours ago, FlinttheImmortal said:

I love how this comment has been pretty much ignored.  Sad really, because Ivara can be just as, if not more "grindy" than Nidus.  +1 to you!  More about it below.

Good advice.  Sorta.

What do you mean by "in the future"?  It's not like the "Nidus grind" is a new thing.  Let's run though the list, shall we:

Ivara - Grind the bottom tier spy missions for a chance at drop for one of her blueprints, then "grind" you way through the star map to the junctions, "grind" your way through the junction tasks, just to get to the next tier of spy mission for the next blueprint...which can still drop the previous tier of blueprint...or a credit cache...or some other, so-called "useless" reward like many have been griping aboot when talking about Nidus.

Vauban - Place your faith in RNG that you are logged in when an alert spawns, and that it isn't for a blueprint you already have...or slave yourself to an alert app...

Mesa - Wait for RNG to spawn an Infested Outbreak with a nav coordinate reward, run it, then run the assassinate, rinse and repeat and hope you don't get duplicates.

Nyx, even - Grind Phorid alerts for the blueprints when they appear...however, now that Phorid seems to be ever-present on the star map, it isn't much of an issue, but a Manifestation wasn't always a guaranteed thing in the past.

And then there's Primes...

And Chroma...

And the Brakk...

And Hate...

And Despair...

And so on...

All cash grabs by the evil DE overlords?

I think not.

Get a grip.

There's nothing wrong with the "Nidus grind" because it isn't any different than the grind for any other warframe.  Yes, the grind doesn't start until you get through the Index - which I will admit is too long - but so what?  The grind for Chroma involves Rathuum.  Does that qualify Chroma as a cash grab as well?

Not likely.

I don´t think I will get a grip and do restrain yourself from telling others to get a grip as it seems personal and my post was not directed at anyone else but DE but you failed to see that.

You have your opinions and I have mine. And I won´t tell you to get a grip because personally I don´t care how you play or what you do. Simple..

You could try to nitpick on about other frames and weapons which are not in question here, I didn´t say anything about them. Point is, while you brazenly told me to get a hold of myself as in my opinion in invalid and yours is, I am talking about Nidus quest and obtaining parts for him. Entire quest line besides the first mission where you have to destroy the tumors is borderline boring. Index part is tedious and anyone could do it with their eyes closed, over and over and over and over again. DE went on the right track with the first mission, then derped hard with the Index missions. As for farming the Nidus parts, it´s JV all over again. Very creative, bad DE overlords. Shame on them.

14 hours ago, Delta-Epsilon_Limit said:

I've done infested salvage so much, I think I'm actually dying. I've gotten 13 metal auger mods, and 7 Nidus systems, then a bunch of other crap like 80 endo, but no other Nidus parts. This mission is so draining and it feels like I'm making no progress at all. I get depressed whenever I find out that I got some useless "stretch" mod or 80 endo from a C reward. I could have gone to Heiracon and on rotation A got 400 endo.

In all honesty, farming for Equinox and Ash were more bearable than this. And I refuse to use plat to pay for a nonprime warframe!

Send.... Help.... Will to live and play this game... Fading *dies on keyboard* 

RNG is a *@##$ man i waited 3 years for stalker to drop HATE ....but i got NIDUS parts on the first try.

I think it took me about 15 goes to get all the parts (not all of them got to rotation c due to being in public groups...and well we all know how that can go), the first part dropped on the first full rotation c run....

For me it wasn't the number of times I needed to do the level that was most annoying, it was the sheer tedium of doing the level that many times.  It took on average 20-30 minutes to do the levels which is annoying enough but to get those junk mods just makes it seem even longer as getting something I've had so many times I've lost count is just a huge reward....