Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Helmint Charger.

Ziembski

24 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Or as much as the Hyekka skin.

Nope, charger is nice.

It's obviously a charger clone.

You add kub genes to make it tame.

regardless of the logic or lore, the idea is to have a less deformed pet that we can tell where is its head , and to not suffer the same confusion we get with some specters

2 minutes ago, bishoy said:

regardless of the logic or lore, the idea is to have a less deformed pet that we can tell where is its head , and to not suffer the same confusion we get with some specters

but i like my Charger so I can confuse other tenno D:

I even named it Charger and colored it from the original xD

1 hour ago, bishoy said:

After seeing how the new kubrow looks like (basically a charger with few propertion changes , and yes the grineer mask is still there as many have noticed) , i believe a jaggernaut like model with a kubrow body propertions or head would have been a better fit and much easier to distinguish -_- , any how just mention ur opinion or any better suggustions u have

FzlC2__7DdqagIgEEvBq3hXtJ_mIU3RJhepFvYAp

Look at its rear legs and lower body , Juggernaut is basically infested Drakh ( Grineer version of Kubrows ) . Its better to use this as charger model.

Also looks much better than $&*&*#(%& Charger :V

Edited by Aeon94

25 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

I would actually like a original model... 

Keep in mind iam suggestion a jagg LIKE model not the same identical model , as it would be confusing when fighting jaggs , not as much as the charger but still^^

Edited by bishoy

1 hour ago, Aeon94 said:

Look at its rear legs and lower body , Juggernaut is basically infested Drakh ( Grineer version of Kubrows ) . Its better to use this as charger model.

Also looks much better than $&*&*#(%& Charger :V

That's an edited image, it's not the in game juggernaut model. 

At least that's what I understood from the original Reddit post, where the author simply photoshopped a Drakh and a Juggernaut to prove how easy would it be to create a better model instead of reusing old content without any change. 

That would be not only better looking, but a bit more lore friendly. 

Anyway, Steve said that the team that was onto this was tapped, so we can hope for a few adjustments in 2017.

Edited by siralextraffo

20 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

At least that's what I understood from the original Reddit post, where the author simply photoshopped a Drakh and a Juggernaut to prove how easy would it be to create a better model instead of reusing old content without any change. 

Anyway, Steve said that the team that was onto this was tapped, so we can hope for a few adjustments in 2017.

Making a similer model with a slightly bigger head ,a kubrow nose ,and fur maybe would be perfect for a pet

btw i knew something was wrong with image. jaggernaut didnt look that good when i had to solo him several times for the inaros quest , but this pic is what i would imagin the helminith charger should be

Edited by bishoy

14 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Ah. Didn't know. Thanks for info :smile:

Edited by Aeon94

13 hours ago, Culaio said:

what you are on about ?

and no it wasnt, it was year of disappointment.

"no u"

Saying no it wasn't isn't an argument. I say it was a good year, whats good?

infested door and new infested based game mechanic was teased since PAX, and it was very disappointing once we got it

What is a gameplay teaser

new relict system does NOT decrease grind at best its same

Um, yes it does. It also increases variety. I love how you somehow forget about Survival T3 Rot C. What feels more tedious and boring, sitting for over 20 minutes in a survival hoping for a chance at a part, or the relic system? You must have rose tinted googles because that key system was complained about heavily while it existed. Getting new relics isn't difficult or long either, because they are exactly in the same places you go for your regular farming. In fact, I would say they're way more available than keys were. 

(someone did math and to radiant one relic you spend at least 5 relics that thats if you are very lucky,

Source required.

We were promised 2-3 cinematic quests each year, we got 1 and it was nowhere near as good as second dream, and it was pretty short, only artificially extended by all the walking parts, and I still finished it very quickly while using unleveled gear.

Again, this may be difficult for you to understand, but game development is unreliable. You weren't promised S#&$, they said they would try to do it. It didn't happen because they weren't able to do it, get over it. You didn't pay for the quest.

We were told that once new way to farm prime is added to game(relic system) we will be able to farm ALL primes again(vaulted primes) and yet prime vault is still a thing

Citation required.

I am still waiting for correct models for archwing enemies, DE near end of 2015 said that soon they will replace placeholder models with correct models, its almost 2017 and they still arent here, and DE doesnt even mention what about archwing enemy models anymore in devstreams

The mission type people rarely play isn't focused on as much as the ones people do play, who knew. DE had bigger priorities so they pushed that one down.

Your post is just showing me you have no idea how game development, or even software development of any type works. Listen, there is no single long term project that exists that has not been subject to delays, dropping features, and the like. Worse, this happens in products you actually pay for those features in particular. DE wanted to do so and so before the end of the year but, guess what, it couldn't happen for whatever internal reasons they have. Stop acting like its so personal, its just development.

I approve!  Make it the Helminth Charger model.... NOW!!!!!! LOL

This at least looks like the infested mixed with Kubrow..... not a infested Grineer (which I didn't really ask for NOR know how you get that with infested mixed with Kubrow).  Either way.... here's to hoping that the current Helminth Charger is just a placeholder!

c(_)  Cheers!  I'm going to need a lot of these to get past the fact of having a infested grineer on my ship!

8 minutes ago, Btabc said:

I approve!  Make it the Helminth Charger model.... NOW!!!!!! LOL

This at least looks like the infested mixed with Kubrow..... not a infested Grineer (which I didn't really ask for NOR know how you get that with infested mixed with Kubrow).  Either way.... here's to hoping that the current Helminth Charger is just a placeholder!

c(_)  Cheers!  I'm going to need a lot of these to get past the fact of having a infested grineer on my ship!

I am hoping it is a placeholder too ,but why would they waste time puting him on the loading screen and codex entry . Iam afraid new models could be just wishful thinking ^^

4 hours ago, PHW0AR said:

it will prob be a future skin for 200 plat

You mean 225 for the skin alone, but bundle along with other armors and stuffs that's exclusive in this bundle for 350?

Yep, I agree.

Edited by Guest

29 minutes ago, bishoy said:

I am hoping it is a placeholder too ,but why would they waste time puting him on the loading screen and codex entry . Iam afraid new models could be just wishful thinking ^^

Yeah I guess you're correct.... they know it's not an original model so they'll release a skin for it to make money..... -_-

2 hours ago, Zamio said:

"no u"

Saying no it wasn't isn't an argument. I say it was a good year, whats good?

What is a gameplay teaser

Um, yes it does. It also increases variety. I love how you somehow forget about Survival T3 Rot C. What feels more tedious and boring, sitting for over 20 minutes in a survival hoping for a chance at a part, or the relic system? You must have rose tinted googles because that key system was complained about heavily while it existed. Getting new relics isn't difficult or long either, because they are exactly in the same places you go for your regular farming. In fact, I would say they're way more available than keys were. 

Source required.

Again, this may be difficult for you to understand, but game development is unreliable. You weren't promised S#&$, they said they would try to do it. It didn't happen because they weren't able to do it, get over it. You didn't pay for the quest.

Citation required.

The mission type people rarely play isn't focused on as much as the ones people do play, who knew. DE had bigger priorities so they pushed that one down.

Your post is just showing me you have no idea how game development, or even software development of any type works. Listen, there is no single long term project that exists that has not been subject to delays, dropping features, and the like. Worse, this happens in products you actually pay for those features in particular. DE wanted to do so and so before the end of the year but, guess what, it couldn't happen for whatever internal reasons they have. Stop acting like its so personal, its just development.

Since you want me to show proof it was bad year then you show me it was good year.

DE teased and hyped new exciting infested based game mechanics during pax and even before that.

I do agree more variety is good thing but it has NOTHING to do with what I was talking about(I wont lie I never was big fan of long endless missions but It was great place to spend time with your friends, I meet most of my friends in game by socializing with people in endless missions), which is decreasing grind DE promised to do, I wont be able to find the source of math since I saw it long time ago but its math anyone can do:

On avarage you get prime part you want in 1-3 missions,  you need 100 traces to radiant relic, and to get 100 traces you would need to do 4 missions with  25+ traces, but that never happens, generally you need to do 5 missions possibly more if you have bad luck(I got as low as 7 traces from mission relict), so relic you want to radiant + relics spend to farm traces do radian relic means that you spend at LEAST 6 relics to get chance to get prime and so if you get prime in 1-3 missions then it means you spend 18 relicts to get one prime part, and I am talking on avarage, I saw people that had bad luck who got prime part after 5-6 radiant relicts which means they spend 30-36 relics for ONE prime part(and this isnt even worse cases I encountered).

I could forgive DE for not giving us more cinematic quests if not for the fact that DE was over hyping TWW to very end, talking about it being MUCH bigger the  second dream as reason why its so late, but it wasnt really any bigger, I finished it in very similar amout of time while using unleveled gear(reason for unleveled gear was fashion frame, I used gear that looks coolest), while when I did second dream I had my best gear.

about citation, it was in  Devstream 50, time stamp 1:03:10. Concerning the "temporary removal of Frost Prime" "once the Void is blown up, everything will be up for grabs"

You do realize that reason why more people dont play archwing is because how little effort DE puts into making it better right ? people have a REASON to play it, You may not realize it but there are(at least were before) MANY people who believed archwing could be great, me and another guy creating threads were we collected ideas for how to improve archwing game mode, but eventually people stoped reponding in our threads seeing so little effort from DE in improving archwing game mode, here are our threads

Oh I do know how game development works, but its DE fault they are tend to promise things they dont intent on realizing, like I said above if they failed to realize one or two things they promised I could live with that but there was a LOT of things this year they failed to realize, much more this year then previous years I played, for example year 2015 wasnt perfect there were some things that DE did that I disliked but there were more positive things then negative, 2015 year ended for with me looking forward for what 2016 year will bring to warframe, and 2016 ends for me with me questioning if I should still play warframe.

I have few problems with the "juggernaut" edited model, lore-wise.

Do you see how the grineer charger look like ? I mean, it was humanoïd before being torn apart by the infestation into a quadrupedal lifeform.

The jug' model look too soft compared on what the infestation will actually do to a random specie. I mean, just look at infested units , even if the creature was born from an egg with infested DNA ( which would be a first in the world of Warframe due to the infestation actually infecting and taking over the body of the hosts) I'm pretty sure the body will look more... brutal.

Don't get me wrong, I like the jug' model a lot.

I would prefer the Helminth Charger to become an Infested Kubrow with a unique model, mirroring appendages to that of Helminth and unique abilities.

I hope everything we have right now is 'Placeholder' due to restriction of the 'Holidays rushed content'

28 minutes ago, Cyberhazard said:

I have few problems with the "juggernaut" edited model, lore-wise.

Do you see how the grineer charger look like ? I mean, it was humanoïd before being torn apart by the infestation into a quadrupedal lifeform.

The jug' model look too soft compared on what the infestation will actually do to a random specie. I mean, just look at infested units , even if the creature was born from an egg with infested DNA ( which would be a first in the world of Warframe due to the infestation actually infecting and taking over the body of the hosts) I'm pretty sure the body will look more... brutal.

Don't get me wrong, I like the jug' model a lot.

Quite frankly, from a lore perspective, you're forgetting the basic principle of life itself: Evolution. The Infestation are, from top to bottom, supposed to be the 'race' that most easily adapts, grows and evolves. The Juggernaut is the landed principle. 

26 minutes ago, Culaio said:

--snip

Just...just stop.  Please, stop now.  The more you post, the more ignorant you sound.  Your grammar and spelling are atrocious (that means very bad).  Granted, you are allowed to have your own opinion.  Just don't get upset when someone points out things that they don't agree with in your opinion.  

Honestly, I love the relic system.  It is so much less of a grind than the key system, where you may not get anything from a mission.  

I don't do Archwing that much, but it's not bad.  And honestly, I don't even know what you're talking about in regards to the enemy models.  They look fine to me!

As for TWW, it is impossible for everyone to agree on this.  Some people (myself included) think that the quest was amazing, and very unique.  Others (like yourself) didn't enjoy it.  Honestly, TSD could've been made into a short film if some minor changes were made, but TWW is, IMO, truly cinematic in quality.  The amount of story and cutscenes, along with the unique style of the majority of the quest (operator mode), would translate well to a true short film.  Obviously this isn't DE's goal, but I believe this is a good sign for future cinematic quests.

The Infested game mechanics that are now available, partially, to us have not been officially announced as being released.  Therefore, DE may still have some work to do with these mechanics.  Just be patient and wait for them to do what they are planning on doing.

So, 2016 made you wonder if you should continue playing Warframe?  It's up to you, but if you are going to keep complaining about everything and are unable to see someone else's opinion, I have a suggestion: quit playing, for all of our sakes.

16 minutes ago, SilverZs said:

Quite frankly, from a lore perspective, you're forgetting the basic principle of life itself: Evolution. The Infestation are, from top to bottom, supposed to be the 'race' that most easily adapts, grows and evolves. The Juggernaut is the landed principle. 

from each unit of the infested faction we've seen, the enemies are not only adapted, but enhanced.  Knowing how infestation is spreading on a host body, imagine it fully evolved into an egg, a "perfect" infested lifeform. The problems I have on the edited jug' body is the rear , the vanilla drakk one. it doesn't seems fitting, the whole body should be infested imo. and I say it again, imo. 

it's not like the doggy was infected after birth, it was in the egg itself, meaning that the infested tissues and DNA, should have taken over the Kubrow part. even if it keep some random features in the shape.