Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Helmint Charger.

Ziembski

24 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

The infestation is a "smart" virus that stores the DNA of all the creatures it absorbs, so yes it can pull out and selectively use the grineer DNA to make chargers. Why do you think we find chargers and what not on Corpus infested ships without any grineer around?

Also our new buddy even reiterates this fact with one of his/it's random lines.

This has already been addressed though. The thing is half covered in Grineer armour and has a Grineer facemask hanging off of a vestigial Grineer head on its underside. That makes perfect sense for 'real' chargers, as they're mutated Grineer soldiers. 

How the heck does that make sense for a mutated Kubrow? Are you suggesting that Grineer armour is coded for in their genetics? Do Bombards have a gene for Alloy Armour instead of Ferrite Armour?

15 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Sure the Grineer DNA has a purposely made fault that causes them to break down fast, but who is to say the mutation process doesn't fix the fault? Look how long the Infested can survive, the Ancients are from the Orokin era.

As for the why? Purhapes it is easier to use the egg to incubate rather than try to gather  the required mass to grow? Think catapiler to butterfly.... Only a really weird ground dwelling butterfly.

perhaps the model is here to stay and perhaps its just bit too lazy  to smack kubrow animations to charger, rather than make new model for kubrow.  ( again totally understand the pressure workers were under holidays, but to say that it is intented, now thats a different matter)

i know its "possible" that the infection works that way, but hey that would be just way too easy way out isnt it

Edited by --Q--Savokki

18 hours ago, Midrib said:

That makes no sense what so ever.

The normal chargers are clearly grineer who have been overcome by infestation, so why do we get their model when we bred the Helminth in our neck? >.> DE could've at least give us a new model.

IKR!

45 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

This has already been addressed though. The thing is half covered in Grineer armour and has a Grineer facemask hanging off of a vestigial Grineer head on its underside. That makes perfect sense for 'real' chargers, as they're mutated Grineer soldiers. 

How the heck does that make sense for a mutated Kubrow? Are you suggesting that Grineer armour is coded for in their genetics? Do Bombards have a gene for Alloy Armour instead of Ferrite Armour?

Also to add to Teeths point , see the main thread in general on infested ship. Screenshot of steves tweets saying that the development teams was pretty much over worked and didn't have the time to make a proper skin. In the same thing he also said they *may* look into it when back from their holidays.

Warframe puss pimple + Kubrow egg = Grineer infested baby. ... is alot to swallow lore wise. 😂

eivuf4E.png

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

i want a development of my goodlooking bulky omega lotus kubrows

i dont need this for me ugly stuff, my senses and taste is individual

MR food is ok and then i would send it out the airlock to "lotus"

im not in the mood to play nidus more then for MR, as said, i have a different taste and im not really interested "to beat the enemy with its own uglyness", this doesnt function in humans development and the development of whatever sentient being in whatever form since the universe exists ...

im speaking by expirience and this since past aeons and into future aeons ...

this infested stuff is simply too childish for my taste ... as them which like it are free to choose it the others which dont like it or arent really interested in things like that are simply free for not using it

no more, no less, a choice have to be offered ... ^^)

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Culaio said:

what do you expect ? DE promised a lot to happen this year and yet it was pretty bad year for warframe, since I started playing warframe it was worse year for warframe, 

I expect you to be consistent about your *@##$ing? This year was pretty great for WF, you just love to focus on the negatives, which always exist. 

since I started playing warframe it was worse year for warframe, 

DAE Warframe 1.0 best Warframe???

DE promised at LEAST 2 cinematic quests on level of second dream each year, possibly 3, and yet we got only ONE

Game development is hard, long and unreliable, who knew.

and it was nowhere near as good as second dream

imo

The whole riven mods was horrible idea, I have around 8 riven mods and I only bothered to unveil only one because it had easy challenge and I didnt even bother to use it, I hate everything they represent, using RNG to make weaker weapons viable is one of worst ideas ever, especially since DE wants us to PAY for slots so we could make more weapons viable, instead of simply DE changing their stats to be more balanced with good weapons.

Eh. They're here now and they're in a pretty good place. Could use improvement but what couldn't? 

whats worse in the interview DE pretty much said that riven mod system is REASON why we wont get damage 3.0 anytime soon, 2017 will be year of DE THINKING about how to do damage 3.0, so dont expect to see it until at least 2018...

If you're gonna lie, at least don't lie about something so easily proved false... Rivens are not going to affect the rest of the game, including damage 3.0. It's still in development. I suggest you use that time machine of yours to give you the winning lottery numbers instead of whining about games.

I decreased amount of time spending in game from 3+ hours to 30 min(loging in for sorties),

Make it 0. You're clearly only here to *@##$ so just stop playing. Do something you'll enjoy.

On 12/29/2016 at 3:40 PM, Jobistober said:

I don't have those answers, but you never know what these guys are going through to bring us fresh content. Just be patient and see what happens.

If being patient is not waiting a few months until content is ready, then I don't know what is 

2 hours ago, Zamio said:

I expect you to be consistent about your *@##$ing? This year was pretty great for WF, you just love to focus on the negatives, which always exist. 

what you are on about ?

and no it wasnt, it was year of disappointment

infested door and new infested based game mechanic was teased since PAX, and it was very disappointing once we got it.

We were promised less grind, instead we got more, and no I am not only talking about Hema, new relict system does NOT decrease grind at best its same amount of grind for players who login from time to time(someone did math and to radiant one relic you spend at least 5 relics that thats if you are very lucky, since sometimes I got as low as 7 traces from one relic, which means to get one increased chance from relic means you spend at least 6 relics on it, 3 radiant relics means almost 20 runs...)  and for people who played regulary its MORE grind then before, since previously we stockpilled LOT of keys just by playing normally, before each primce access I had 20-30 keys of EVERY type, which was enough for me to get every new prime(which keyshare 20-30 keys means 80-120 runs).

We were promised 2-3 cinematic quests each year, we got 1 and it was nowhere near as good as second dream, and it was pretty short, only artificially extended by all the walking parts, and I still finished it very quickly while using unleveled gear.

We were told that once new way to farm prime is added to game(relic system) we will be able to farm ALL primes again(vaulted primes) and yet prime vault is still a thing.

I am still waiting for correct models for archwing enemies, DE near end of 2015 said that soon they will replace placeholder models with correct models, its almost 2017 and they still arent here, and DE doesnt even mention what about archwing enemy models anymore in devstreams

Edited by Culaio

This is the point where I mention my lack of a spare power core, in case a generous soul decides to send me one so Nidus can have a buddy.

Personally, I like the idea of an infested companion.  Especially if it develops unique abilities like self-cloning in missions or something (I don't think it does that now, but can't hurt to suggest it!). As for the model, I agree that the Grineer portion seemed...placeholder-ish.  I like the concept of a charger pet, though.  I think that, if they give us a new model, the Charger form should still be a skin.

49 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

I'll say this.

Keep the Charger as a skin, for those who want Chargers as pets.

Then remodel it.

But people who want charger companions have already been spoiled by the spectres. And a charger is utterly macabre lore wise, being a smattering of Grineer corpses following us around like a dog . I don't find that sitting well with my operator.

yeah i'm pretty sure everyone's new years resolution this year is to simply completely forget 2016 ever happened.  it was a S#&$ year, DE included.

When it comes to the infested "storing DNA" and injecting that into the kubrow to manifest a grineer lancer's head and armor...  this idea is stupid and ignores a lot of what is going on in the game. 

For starters, the Glast Gambit quest already makes it known that there are multiple strains of the infestation technocyte virus.  Nidus is an example of a strain recovered from the orokin era that is designed to lord over lesser infestation strains.  Even the sentients could very well be a unique modification of infestation, created by the corpus as swarm colonizers of Tau.  Anyways, as far as we can tell, nidus doesn't have traces of grineer or corpus DNA or tech in his technocyte strain.  And whatever strain Helminth is appears to be more closely related to orokin technology on Lua than to anything modern from the corpus or grineer.  In addition, Ordis hints that Helminth was purpose built to fulfill a task onboard a tenno orbiter, and is not related to the infestation we find ravaging the system. 

The idea that DNA is stored at all is a little ridiculous when you consider other infested units which are wholly infestation - purpose built from scratch by the infestation to carry out a task.  A perfect example of this would be maggots, that have no analogue in any other race and are produced by brood mothers and by nidus.  The infested are akin to the borg in that they assimilate and then modify and adapt, but they also create stuff from scratch such as hives. 

Now, let's assume for the sake of stubborn people that the infestation DOES store DNA info (we'll also ignore the fact that armor doesn't have DNA).  How would this info have gotten into Helminth, the infestation strain that infects your warframe, and then is used to infest your kubrow egg?  Helminth has been locked and contained in that room in your orbiter for millennia, since the fall of the Orokin empire.  We can be fairly certain that the corpus and grineer have changed and evolved a bit since then, as noted by the lore itself.  The grineer have been steadily decaying and devolving, their current technology a result of a need to prop up their failing biology.  So, how would Helminth have a DNA blueprint for a creature that didn't come into existence until thousands of years after he got locked into a closet?  From the communications of Helminth, and from numerous other infested personalities in game, it's apparent that they are not totally a hive mind.  There are individuals within the infested population including Helminth, Phorid, Lephantis, and Jordas.  Can they transmit DNA info between each other across the solar system, without direct contact?  Given that they appear to have differing personalities, including varied allegiances and motivations, what reason would another infested have to share info with Helminth, who supports their enemies - the tenno?  If that information sharing is involuntary and unbound by the constraints of differing strains or separation by vast solar distances, then why do we permit Helminth to remain on our ship, since he'd serve as an extreme security breach for the tenno?  It would be highly illogical for Helminth to communicate with other infested strains around the solar system, trading data with them via pure telepathy, while "serving the master" and not compromising the covert lifestyle of the tenno.

TLDR:  There's absolutely no way helminth would have the blueprint to make a grineer lancer charger, and this new pet should be a completely unique asset.

Also, no one cares about having a permanent charger pet.  That's what skins and specters are for.