Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Details?

Trickst3rGawd

Can someone put the "Limbo rework" the devs were talking about into more..understandable words? I didn't understand. Are they adding tweaks to Him or redesigning his whole kit?? When do you think we will get this rework and what are your thoughts on it ?

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

4 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

From what i recall:

- Rift Walk will be removed. 

- Entering and exiting the rift will be tied to Limbo's dodges.

- Limbo's dodging will be changed into short-range teleports.

- Limbo might gain the ability to freeze/slow time on things inside the rift.

Did they ever mention when the rework would happen?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

It's more like not remembering what can hurt you because everything is a blurry mess. As long as it can be used on teammates without catty hissing and death threats I'm all for whatever this rework will be.

I'd honestly be happy if they just remove the visual on his abilities 😂😂

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

As far all was said in the Devstream are the following:

• Rift Walk/Banish will be melded into one power
  • They are thinking to tie Rift Walk/Banish into his bullet-jumping (dodging attacks)
  • Able to Manipulate Time while in the Rift
  • Pickups & Other issues, will be addressed, while in the Rift
  • Limbo's SFX/Visual will NOT be changing.

Gonna be honest, I rather just have Rift Walk/Banish into one power, and form new powers with the rest.

On 12/31/2016 at 3:37 AM, LegionCynex said:

Gonna be honest, I rather just have Rift Walk/Banish into one power, and form new powers with the rest.

Personally, I can't understand why so many people want this. I've been playing a lot of Ivara lately, and while I love the versatility of Quiver, I keep switching arrow types when I mean to fire the current one. With a frame like Limbo, where much of his survivability  (imo) depends on fairly careful management of who's on what "plane", most ways of combining those two powers will likely result in a decent amount of accidental suicide, and frustration.

15 minutes ago, cursedmoon13 said:

Personally, I can't understand why so many people want this. I've been playing a lot of Ivara lately, and while I love the versatility of Quiver, I keep switching arrow types when I mean to fire the current one. With a frame like Limbo, where much of his survivability  (imo) depends on fairly careful management of who's on what "plane", most ways of combining those two powers will likely result in a decent amount of accidental suicide, and frustration.

There is an option to reverse the controls, making you fire on tap and switch on hold.

It makes life much, much easier, and for Vauban too.

35 minutes ago, cursedmoon13 said:

Yeah i agree it feels like a LOSS of control than a gain.

41 minutes ago, cursedmoon13 said:

I personally can't understand why so many people assume it would be like Ivara's quiver. >.>

You wouldn't need to scroll like Ivara's quiver. just Tap to rift walk, Hold to banish.

I personally dislike Rift walk\Banish\Rift surge, Rift walk is something that Limbo should be constantly doing without the need for an ability slot to do so. Rift surge is something that Limbo should innately gain for being in the rift, 50% reload is a great passive in theory, but being in the Rift is really unrewarding to justify 50% reload.

My limbo rework idea is just making his  Rift walk and banish into 1 ability like I said above. his Rift surge should just be a passive where the more enemies you kill in the rift the higher the multiplier goes, that way he can scale a bit.  and now you have 2 empty ability slots that you can integrate whatever survivability\CC you want. You would get a decent CC frame that can scale and still be illusive enough to go in and out of the rift whenever he is threatened.

So it sounds like they are making him more complicated and clunkier.  This seems to have been a trend with reworks lately.  It also sounds like they will compromise the few niches where he excels: sortie defense and rescue.

Limbo needs a rework but it could have been really simple:

1. Speed up casting animations

2.  Tweak the interactivity with pickups and the environment while in the Rift.

3.  Make Rift Surge part of the passive ability, use the newly empty ability slot for something new like time freeze.

Rift Walk and Banish are fine as is.

Ya i am hoping they don't wreck the aspects of Limbo that we dedicated few love about him.

Maybe I just heard it wrong but when I watched that part on the dev stream I was left with the impression that they were going to change his invincible in the Rift aspect to now causing a slow / time effect instead. I hope I am wrong in this.

I didn't know that limbo had become popular enough to "rework".   Sounds like they are trying to move him from being a solo god, to being not much of anything.   Hopefully they will release more details over time of their plans with him.

16 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

I didn't know that limbo had become popular enough to "rework".   Sounds like they are trying to move him from being a solo god, to being not much of anything.   Hopefully they will release more details over time of their plans with him.

Popularity of frames does not dictate which get reworked.  Limbo has been in a poor state for over 2 years, it was well needed.

12 hours ago, Kyronz said:

He's getting a rework because he's unpopular.  If he was popular, it would be called a "nerf".

Just so happy they are finally reviewing Limbo after years of neglect. He seemed by far the least popular Warframe even when he first debuted, not to mention his Banish disaster and Cataclysm no-fun-zone before toggle was added. Also the promises of tweaks and adjustments left in the dust patch after patch... but I digress.

In addition to making him more fun to play (short range teleport, self-rifting on the fly, timey wimey dimensional stuff), they need to make him fun to play with in a team setting. Pickups, carryable items, interactive objects, mission objectives, all that needs to be sorted out in & out of the rift so the flow of combat isn't easily disrupted when Limbo uses his powers.

On 1/6/2017 at 8:18 AM, Midrib said:

I personally can't understand why so many people assume it would be like Ivara's quiver. >.>

You wouldn't need to scroll like Ivara's quiver. just Tap to rift walk, Hold to banish.

It's nothing to do with scrolling; it's that Quiver is an existing example of the "tap = this, hold = that" control scheme that I have experience with to know, in the heat of the moment, how easy it is for a hold to turn into a tap, or vice versa.

10 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Just so happy they are finally reviewing Limbo after years of neglect. He seemed by far the least popular Warframe even when he first debuted, not to mention his Banish disaster and Cataclysm no-fun-zone before toggle was added. Also the promises of tweaks and adjustments left in the dust patch after patch... but I digress.

In addition to making him more fun to play (short range teleport, self-rifting on the fly, timey wimey dimensional stuff), they need to make him fun to play with in a team setting. Pickups, carryable items, interactive objects, mission objectives, all that needs to be sorted out in & out of the rift so the flow of combat isn't easily disrupted when Limbo uses his powers.

I'm really not sure why they never simply allowed pickups to be, well, PICKED UP in the rift. Thematically, it at least makes sense for things dropped by rifted enemies to themselves be in the rift plane, and for Cataclysm to "rift" anything not nailed down (which pickups, virtually by definition, are not). If nothing else, picking up items "across dimensions" could have been, or been part of, Limbo's passive. It could be a balance issue, because "invincibility", but Valkyr has a straight-up, toggled invincibility power that doesn't disallow pickups ( do not interpret that to mean "Valkyr should not be able to pick stuff up). Add in the fact that farming for resources is such a major part of the game that is overcomplicated by this one small aspect of this ONE character and, to make a long story short, I can't think of a GOOD reason why being in the rift plane completely disables collecting my loot.

• 2 months later...