Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pack it in, kid.

Spectolder

I understand the main purpose of the whole Operator feature as making an actual player character that is easier to associate with than a Warframe. However, i personally have serious trouble imagining myself in the shoes of a person that throws out such phrases as Operators do now. Sometimes they sound too childish ("Hurr, durr, they weak, we strong!"), other times just out of place ("If we can aviod their attention, this might be easier" in the middle of a defence misson, great job, tactical genius). Now, it`s clear that adjusting a set of one-liners for everyone to like is hardly possible, but how about an option to switch the random commentaries off in the Operator Customization menu, at least? 

Edited by Spectolder

You can turn the operators off entirely (Options, Audio, Operator Voice). They don't pop up onscreen spouting inane crap anymore when you do that (and it doesn't seem to affect their appearences in quests so you don't miss out on the important story part).

Edited by Zendadaist

There is. The very first time I heard that simpleton spout off something inane I went searching for an option to shut him up. Take a look in OPTIONS -> AUDIO -> OPERATOR VOICE 

http://prntscr.com/dqagcx

While Odis was interesting in the beginning, I have now had my fill. I dearly wish there there was the same option for Ordis. Yes I know you can turn down the volume on Ordis, but he still shows on the screen, I want the Ordis option to function as the operators does, REMOVE it entirely. 

Edited by Mos-Eisley
addendum

12 minutes ago, Spectolder said:

but how about an option to switch the random commentaries off in the Operator Customization menu, at least? 

How about doing some research first? The option is already there, you could have looked for it before complaining about its absence.

27 minutes ago, Spectolder said:

("Hurr, durr, they weak, we strong!")

Spoiler

big_1411647275_1404598908_image.jpg

And this is why I disabled it as soon as I found that feature.

My friend on the other hand enjoy it a lot, simply because it's silly and stupid.

Every time the operator pop on his screen to say "my warframe is strong" he's just laughing like crazy

30 minutes ago, Spectolder said:

I understand the main purpose of the whole Operator feature as making an actual player character that is easier to associate with than a Warframe.

Or, you know, it was done as part of the story and because that's what they wanted to write?

47 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

How about doing some research first? The option is already there, you could have looked for it before complaining about its absence.

to be fair, an Audio option controls things that aren't exclusively Audio - and while addresses the concern is quite strange and not something one would organically assume.

11 minutes ago, taiiat said:

to be fair, an Audio option controls things that aren't exclusively Audio - and while addresses the concern is quite strange and not something one would organically assume.

To be fair, there are only two logically possible places for the option, either Gameplay, or Audio (unless I'm missing something), it's not hard to check and complain after you don't find it. And IMO it fits into Audio more than Gameplay, but that's just me.

I really wish every game had a search bar that goes through all options.

3 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

I really wish every game had a search bar that goes through all options.

a psychic one perhaps, that can guess at what you're really looking for, and be able to tell you 'no there is no option for that'.
but to do that in a practical fashion you'd need an interface that's like hollywood hacking, where you'd be able to drag and drop entire modules of the game to narrow your Search or some s... like that.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

a psychic one perhaps, that can guess at what you're really looking for, and be able to tell you 'no there is no option for that'.
but to do that in a practical fashion you'd need an interface that's like hollywood hacking, where you'd be able to drag and drop entire modules of the game to narrow your Search or some s... like that.

Just something that allows you to throw in one keyword like "Operator" and lists all options that have the word in it would be enough IMO, similar to how recent Android releases have a searchbar in the settings (not even recent, I think that stuff has existed since 2013 at least).

4 hours ago, Mos-Eisley said:

While Odis was interesting in the beginning, I have now had my fill. I dearly wish there there was the same option for Ordis. Yes I know you can turn down the volume on Ordis, but he still shows on the screen, I want the Ordis option to function as the operators does, REMOVE it entirely. 

Options > Audio > Turn "Enable Tutorial Transmissions" off. By doing this, you won't hear Ordis when you're in the ship, or Lotus during missions.

13 hours ago, (PS4)namtap032892 said:

Options > Audio > Turn "Enable Tutorial Transmissions" off. By doing this, you won't hear Ordis when you're in the ship, or Lotus during missions.

Doesn't affect Ordis last I checked. I've always had that disabled since the option became available and Ordis still says the same lines I've heard 9.32e+15 times by now

20 hours ago, Ninjaboy00 said:

Doesn't affect Ordis last I checked. I've always had that disabled since the option became available and Ordis still says the same lines I've heard 9.32e+15 times by now

We will make it also mute Ordis ship transmissions in an upcoming hotfix.

On 1/2/2017 at 0:14 AM, Ninjaboy00 said:

On 1/2/2017 at 8:28 PM, [DE]George said:

We will make it also mute Ordis ship transmissions in an upcoming hotfix.

Huh... I would have sworn I had managed to mute Ordis by turning that option off a month or two ago.

On that note, can we have some voice packs in the future with more complexity. You know, operators which use more complex and/or more sinister language to convey a greater range of deeper and more varied and complex emotions? I'd pay much plat for it - just saying.

Edited by Vermitore

20 hours ago, Vermitore said:

On that note, can we have some voice packs in the future with more complexity. You know, operators which use more complex and/or more sinister language to convey a greater range of deeper and more varied and complex emotions? I'd pay much plat for it - just saying.

Already imagined it in market: "Not silly Operator pack" - 800 plats XD

14 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

Already imagined it in market: "Not silly Operator pack" - 800 plats XD

If they include lines in the same vein as the dialogue in this video, I will pay that money. I will pay twice that much. Give me gravitas and profundity and you can have my moneyz.

https://youtu.be/napjMrAx0KQ?t=3552

Also, can we have more varied accents and dialects? Surely there are voice actors who can do these things, no?

Edited by Vermitore