The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods made me quit

Speedingbus

Riven mods fix nothing with layers of RNG of even getting the mod then reveling magically for the weapon you want. Then prepare yourself for the massive disappointment fest of rerolling the riven mod for tune 30k Kuva  to end with a Multishot/Status duration mod that does nothing to bring up subpar weapons to end any kind of level to meta weapons.

I spent 3 hours today farming kuva and having pretty much nothing to show it for with riven mod I rerolled.

Honestly this has been a complete waste of my time and I don't play games that waste my time.

So maybe when I come back months later DE will fix Rivens or not just like focus\useless arcane filler that'll never get looked at. Resit slash/elec pros? Useless

Rivens will never make non-meta weapons approach meta one, and I don't understand why people think they will. Meta weapons are meta not because they're strong, but because of how they work mechanically. The Simulor doesn't just do high damage, it does high damage over a large area without any need to aim. The Sonicor does okay damage, but it CCs enemies better than many Frames can. The Telos Boltace does an absurd AOE spin attack. Stop expecting Rivens to be able to compete with broken weapons, and you'll be much happier.

9 minutes ago, Speedingbus said:

Riven mods fix nothing with layers of RNG of even getting the mod then reveling magically for the weapon you want. Then prepare yourself for the massive disappointment fest of rerolling the riven mod for tune 30k Kuva  to end with a Multishot/Status duration mod that does nothing to bring up subpar weapons to end any kind of level to meta weapons.

I spent 3 hours today farming kuva and having pretty much nothing to show it for with riven mod I rerolled.

Honestly this has been a complete waste of my time and I don't play games that waste my time.

So maybe when I come back months later DE will fix Rivens or not just like focus\useless arcane filler that'll never get looked at. Resit slash/elec pros? Useless

I dont like rivens, but still I ve managed to get 3 good rivens with really decent rolls I think this isnt a reason to quit since you dont need a riven to make a weapon end game viable and some of the faint riven weapons dont need at all a riven some times even a good riven doesnt make that of difference 

9 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

Okay, bye. 

Remember just because you don't like it doesn't mean no one else does.

Only white knights can defend what Riven mods have done to future damage 3.0. Let alone the complete clusterbuck of easily earning nothing for hours upon hours spent trying to get a riven mod then fruitless rerolling into a subpar mod.

2 minutes ago, Brachion said:

Rivens will never make non-meta weapons approach meta one, and I don't understand why people think they will. Meta weapons are meta not because they're strong, but because of how they work mechanically. The Simulor doesn't just do high damage, it does high damage over a large area without any need to aim. The Sonicor does okay damage, but it CCs enemies better than many Frames can. The Telos Boltace does an absurd AOE spin attack. Stop expecting Rivens to be able to compete with broken weapons, and you'll be much happier.

I can disagree since my braton riven made the gun as good as my non riven soma build...

1 minute ago, Speedingbus said:

Only white knights can defend what Riven mods have done to future damage 3.0. Let alone the complete clusterbuck of easily earning nothing for hours upon hours spent trying to get a riven mod then fruitless rerolling into a subpar mod.

Just because you don't like something also doesn't mean everyone disagreeing with you is a "white knight". If you hate them so much, why use them or farm for them? I don't use them or farm for them, so I don't have a problem with them.

I have this Simulor Riven mod, and this Simulor Riven mod.

I also have a Sonicor Riven mod with +136.2% damage, +57.2% toxin, -11.4% infested.

However, that doesn't mean that the Riven mod system is all fine and dandy.

Sure, I like having more power, but "this" level of power-creep seems... unhealthy.

Not to mention the R.N.G on top of R.N.G.

Edited by NativeKiller

The riven system has done more harm than good I think, the "god" rivens make strong weapons already more powerful and it's a money sink and 60 platinum for 3 slots is just a blatant money grab too. Remove the bs rivens for weapons like the soma, simulor and tonkor and let other weapons shine. Powercreep isn't healthy for some aspects of the game.

If you're quitting over one game mechanic, then you've been looking for a while to quit the game and were looking for a reason. Not everyone likes rivens, which also means not everyone hates them. It's about 50/50. I for one enjoy rivens, got one got synapse and one for glaxion. Both guns are incredibly fun. 

Also it's been stated that rivens will be balanced in their own system. They are not necessary, just something nice to have. Enemies still become bullet sponges, rivens can potentially allow you to go an extra 5-10 levels more 

12 minutes ago, Speedingbus said:

Like the guy you're referring to as a white night said, just because there are players who don't agree with you on something does not make them a white knight. Everyone has a right to an opinion, it doesn't mean any opinion is the right one.

Edited by CrazyCortex

The riven mod system might represent 2 things, alone or together, both scarily comes to my mind:

1) DE lost track, sight, mind, dimension and ideas how to move this game forward, they don't have workers enough to project and create things to move forward with the game, as for instance, EVERYTHING they released is delayed, therefore things already are S#&$ 'cause they missed the deadline, and, although being a game in beta, each update breaks more stuff than the previous, is absurd how this is more and more frequent when it should be the contrary, we have bugs and errors that completed aniversaries yet, the decaying quality content they make, take for instance The War Within, it took them more than HALF A YEAR to make a "regular" quality quest, it was 2 hours long that introduced a gimmick and 90% of it was a tutorial on how to use the gimmick.

You might have like the war within, its ok, i liked it too, but seeing that they needed more than 6 months to do that... is actually sad, yeah, we indeed had previous content since, someone(?) believed they could put out Specter of the rail and everything together at the same time (again, showing how they do not have any capacity to estimate even time and the amount of work).

Now, the glast gambit... you know, it was mediocre, a quest that barely involved the new frame, repetitive, completely filler, i was in pain while playing (without mentioning the wave of extra bugs, glitches, errors and crashes)

Boi oh boi, don't even mention the mighty HEMA situation...

2) DE have such a vast universe created upon them in warframe, that they cannot attend to all of its necessities, riven mods are, in the minimal least, a BANDAID-FIX, which we could even presume a few things about the Damage 3.0 situation, but i digress. DE lost its ability to "fix" and rework their own mechanics, hell, this game is what, 3 or 4 years old? They have to rework old mechanics while at the same time create new ones, its a extreme burden a compromise, that, as we keep seeing the result, things aren't going well.

A few notes:

DE takes huge amounts of time to add small things, and even more time to fix previous content, i don't feel good about this, i really wished this game could grow more and more, but i can't ignore what i'm seeing.

For instance, with the glast gambit introduction, they changed the AA, it is S#&$ now, DE Taylor herself said to me that the next day they'll put out a hotfix for that... and here we are, nothing, again

Promises not accomplished, more band aids than a pharmacy, lazy, filler and repetitive content without a single touch of a soul in it.

I don't my fellow tenno, i don't know anymore

Edited by Blacksonfive
why do i even bother