The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

If your friends leave the game because of such a minor thing they are not exactly the sort of customer DE is looking for in the first place.

I pretty much agree with this statement. It's a little cyst. I can understand people with OCD having issues, but with the amount of whining and BS going on about the cyst on this forums, it's just.. crazy.

But yeh. I agree with this statement.

First of all they display a very mindless and careless attitute to something which has become a synonym with aids or cancer immediately. You could blame the community for this sure, the game doesn`t make any reference towards this. However they are aware how this has been received by a decent amount of the community, with a timing which couldn`t have been worse during the days of christmas?

Leaving all that aside there remains the point they just f`ed up the implementation. I have currently 5 or 6 infected Warframes. Not sure if all Warframes can be infected at the same time which would be 20? 22?. The current solution as Fergya mentioned would be to breed 6 Charger pets with all the effort and recources which goes into creating one, just to have the infection reappear anyway. This has been mentioned 100 times by now in the forums. 2 Hotfix went by and this doesn`t seem much of a concern to them, since nothing has changed regarding this broken implementation. 

The fact this is broken is all reasons you need to be pissed off. They can tell any story they like, but I am not going  to breed 6 charger. 

Edited by AcceptYourDeath

I apologize for my English.
The result of infection, which is on the neck of the other warframes and grows with each passing day, which sticks out from the hair, it's just disgusting sight! For example, I don't want to infect kubrow to get rid of this, and the appearance of infested kubrow is a disgusting. And moreover, it does not warrant that any of the missions, the player controlling Nidus not give again.
I ask you to make changes to the plan of the infection, for example some super boss, which drops any kind of reward can infect or something like that, but not from the players it was. On missions across different mental development of the people, some of them specifically to hurt the team and enjoy it. From this game I no longer enjoy the appearance of the infection added negative experiences and I don't want to play and look at the result of infection, which removed only one way. Unfortunately, due to this update, the players leave the game, and I'm one of them. Until you have introduced adequate changes about the infection Nidus and adequate methods of immunity to the infection, but also fix the infection, until this time I don't play in this game anymore .
Thank you for your attention and hope for a positive solution. If not, then goodbye.

How about putting an option somewhere in our settings menu to "toggle" the visual appearance of the cyst off entirely. It would essentially make you able to hide it, even if your frame were infected. So for those that care a lot about the aesthetics of Fashionframe, it could be a nice addition, to prevent them from quitting the game entirely. Too many players have left the game already, and I fear this might be too much for some players, who care a lot about the visuals.

8 minutes ago, chaotea said:

It seems likely the infection will only be a limited time thing. Bear with it and see what happens.

Limited as in draining it for use for the creation of the helminth charger? The cyst grows back in a day and continues to grow larger as usual.

Get rid if this BLUDY PINKY FLESHY THINGY from the neck of my handsome knights and sexy babes. Its insanely ridiculous to get contaminated again even after breeding a charger pet unless DE wants us to play solo or stop playing WF completely.

You know, this wouldn't be nearly so bad if it wasn't for a series of companion mistakes in this.

1. Can only hold 1-2 eggs at a time. This means that even if you do manage to pull an egg in multiple runs, you're still stuck with the egg limit and in so doing you're limited to the ability to drain any amount of cysts.

2. Hatching time limit is the other big one. In the amount of time you're going to be able to farm an egg, possibly build a power core, and hatch the little abomination, you will roughly be at a point that the cyst will have reappeared on a single frame. That's also in the full disregard that even if you're playing with the most basic setup, you will still have three frames available and that you will likely want to drain/purge the cysts from.

3. the last major problem is the puppy grinder cost as well. Let's say for argument that you pull out the plat to instant finish all the processes and that you manage to pull god tier luck and consistently pull an egg each farm run. Each time you do this, you're still going to have to fork over the credits to toss the little abomination every time and for every cyst. This gets incredibly expensive very fast.

1 hour ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

The fact this is broken is all reasons you need to be pissed off.

What is broken about the cyst? It is working as intended. Please no false claim.

1 minute ago, Cortanis said:

1. Can only hold 1-2 eggs at a time. This means that even if you do manage to pull an egg in multiple runs, you're still stuck with the egg limit and in so doing you're limited to the ability to drain any amount of cysts.

Tell this story to my stack of 10 eggs. There is only a limit if you never do alerts. Eggs from alerts do not interfere with the limit. ^^

3 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

2. Hatching time limit is the other big one. In the amount of time you're going to be able to farm an egg, possibly build a power core, and hatch the little abomination, you will roughly be at a point that the cyst will have reappeared on a single frame. That's also in the full disregard that even if you're playing with the most basic setup, you will still have three frames available and that you will likely want to drain/purge the cysts from.

Sure, the hatching takes 24 hours. But the building of the power-cores should be no problem. You build them just prematurely...

5 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

3. the last major problem is the puppy grinder cost as well. Let's say for argument that you pull out the plat to instant finish all the processes and that you manage to pull god tier luck and consistently pull an egg each farm run. Each time you do this, you're still going to have to fork over the credits to toss the little abomination every time and for every cyst. This gets incredibly expensive very fast.

Really? You have the spare-money to build a power core for 100k but you are angry about the 25k for the grinder? óÒ

1 hour ago, Misanthroplonker said:

Oh look, it's this thread again.

Straight up quitting the game is a bit harsh, don't you think? 

If he likes the game at least a tiny bit, he obviously won't leave. If he does leave, he would have left soon anyway. I understand that some hate that look this much. In this case, they will probably take a break of a few days until changes, which is something common.

No but seriosuly, to all of you that actualy "threat" DE that you are going to quit the game, please go ahead, right now. You are doing a favor to everyone including any DE employee reading through forums (either as part of their job or on their free time/on breaks/during work).

Do you remember what's in one of the headers in game's launcher? Beta notice. Explaining that the game is to be considered to be in a incomplete state, anything can be added, changed or removed.

Raising awareness/bringing a new and fresh idea of something you would like to see added, changed or removed is always welcome, thats what you call a feedback.

But if you are complaining about a thing over and over and over again and about something that was mentioned a milion times before you, you are just flooding the forums/comments/whatever and being a headache to everyone else. And on top of that if you threaten DE by quiting the game for lack of a game feature/for a incomplete feature in a game where you can say everything is seen by DE as incomplete (and able to be improve upon, with help of feedback and community ideas) and with it could be said that literally nothing is set in stone, you are a whiny baby, one could even say: Grow up.

PS: Ive seen a post suggesting the cyst could be harvested for mutagen samples/neurodes - this is good.

On 1.1.2017 at 11:30 AM, Ailissa said:

I haven't played much since the cyst thing started.

I built Nidus, didn't know how it infected people, someone told me it's just from contact and shelved Nidus. Got a level 8 frame i'll only be able to level solo because I don't want to annoy other people.

It needs more than a cure. It needs a complete rework or that will be a pretty useless frame.

Made me cringe to see someone calling literally god as a warframe useless.

16 minutes ago, The-Aurora said:

Do you remember what's in one of the headers in game's launcher? Beta notice. Explaining that the game is to be considered to be in a incomplete state, anything can be added, changed or removed.

At this point, it's just DE's admission that they'll rather chase the new shiny than work on anything once it has been released. The focus system still has the beta note in-game, too, and nothing has happened to that for the last year, either. Seriously, "it's beta" is the lamest argument pro-DE that you can make.

16 minutes ago, The-Aurora said:

Beta notice.

Not sure if serious. "Beta", if you don't know, is an abbreviation for "beta-testing". As if having mostly finished product that needs live testing before getting official release. When a team doesn't have QA department whatsoever and continues to add untested features, it can't be called "beta". Maybe (four years too) early access or something.

7 minutes ago, czcbibliothekar said:

At this point, it's just DE's admission that they'll rather chase the new shiny than work on anything once it has been released. The focus system still has the beta note in-game, too, and nothing has happened to that for the last year, either. Seriously, "it's beta" is the lamest argument pro-DE that you can make.

Clans, dark sectors, the list goes on with things that have not been visited for a longer period of time, but that doesnt mean they arent paying attention to it, dark sectors have been mentioned multiple times with some ideas on how they want to breathe life into it, yet no change/addition was implemented. 

I am quoting Steve here: "As you might have noticed we are not good at making up our minds and we are trying to improve on that and we appreciate you are patient with us." This is something you should praise DE for, publicly accepting that they (directors) arent doing the best job with making up their minds, but all I see is more and more shame thrown at them.

14 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

When a team doesn't have QA department whatsoever and continues to add untested features, it can't be called "beta".

First of all, why couldnt it be called beta then ?

Second of all, beta mark on a software product can be used because of legal reasons, giving more freedom to the developer.