The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else notice no one really talks anymore?

theninthchevron

There was a lag workaround an update or two ago where you turn off enable voice and auto gain. It makes the game run very smooth on console, my guess is lots of folks still have it turned off on xbox at least. 

If And when I feel chatty I will create or join a party. People with the kinect tend to always have lots of background noise and it is not fun.

I've run into more than 5 toxic players during mission chats, no thank you, I'd rather just stay quiet till I see friendly convos. Sometimes, though rarely, in sorties, I will say gg, but only when its been a rough run.

Edited by saltygr33n

I'm a Tenno of action, not a Tenno of words, but I still talk in chat when needed. usually it's me explaining something to another player, or responding to someone else. if a team does exceptionally well or helps me out when I really need it I'll drop them a GG. we'll also sometimes complain about RNG together.

I've had some interesting conversations in Squad Chat, but I'd rather just play and then talk about things here on the forums.

I often see the chatty player hiding up in the rafters somewhere not contributing. I turn voice chat off because inevitably someone thinks they are a DJ and play you their collection of rap. Which is made worse by the poor audio quality. Like not quite being tuned into a crappy radio station. Don't get me wrong, I like a good conversation, but don't make the rest of your team work harder while you slack off and wonder why no-one wants to be chatty with you.

That said, I've met some really great people in warframe. A few years ago the game had a smaller player-base and you ended up seeing a lot of the same people around in missions. I think that fostered a closer, more respectful community than the one you see today.

1 hour ago, Aether.Shift said:

I often see the chatty player hiding up in the rafters somewhere not contributing. I turn voice chat off because inevitably someone thinks they are a DJ and play you their collection of rap. Which is made worse by the poor audio quality. Like not quite being tuned into a crappy radio station. Don't get me wrong, I like a good conversation, but don't make the rest of your team work harder while you slack off and wonder why no-one wants to be chatty with you.

That said, I've met some really great people in warframe. A few years ago the game had a smaller player-base and you ended up seeing a lot of the same people around in missions. I think that fostered a closer, more respectful community than the one you see today.

Ah haha I actually had this (bold by me) happen for this first time today. 

It started while I was still in the loading screen and thought "huh, that's a new one."

First time I've done a Corpus Exterminate Alert set to what seemed like in-game hip hop background music, hehe 

Doesn't help that the chatwindow doesn't honor your screenmargins settings.. Often when there's a conversation going on I miss half of it because the chatwindow is outside of my direct vision.. But don't get me started on the interface... one rant per day is quit enough...

Been playing since closed beta, I've not noticed any sort of decline in player chat interaction during missions.

It's about the same to me, ie very little, but happens from time to time. I do have the in game voip turned off and only use TS and discord though, so I can't hear pubbies until they type something like "WHY AREN'T YOU DOING XXXXX FFS LISTEN NEXT TIME MORON!" then I proceed to ignore them and carry the mission.

Edited by Ghogiel

8 hours ago, doctorlexus said:

A couple years ago, some good conversations used to get going during missions. People rarely say a word or respond these days. Usually people bail without so much as a gg once the mission is over. Seems like the community is less personable now...not sure why.

The game got bigger. The good old days are gone.

15 hours ago, doctorlexus said:

A couple years ago, some good conversations used to get going during missions. People rarely say a word or respond these days. Usually people bail without so much as a gg once the mission is over. Seems like the community is less personable now...not sure why.

Relic system and clan degradation/attrition.  

It really depends, on the following:

1. player maybe concentrating 
  2. in another chat
  3. chat with clan
  4. occupied with no in-game relation 
  5. player wants the mission done quickly and avoid conversation 
  6. some player/s are shy (I have a clan member that is shy and doesn't like to talk publicly)
  7. needs some sort ignition from other players first
  8. something hilarious to happen in-game
  9. as mentioned from no.8, players dying too much or require energy or health pads to deploy
  10. most important one, not bothered

This happens in every game I play. When a lot of new players join, a lot of them are sociable casuals. After a while, they leave and the ones who keep playing are mostly antisocial grinders lol

Remember the Q species from Star Trek? They all stopped talking to each other, because there was nothing left to discuss as they already knew absolutely everything.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx
  • Like 1

There were less people in the first days, the Community was more intimate.

Now there are tons of infos on the Wiki (people don't need the others as much as before), and also more people, which implies more bad encounters or people who don't care about being nice.

I guess the "good relationships" now are to be found in the Clans, rather than in the Public channels.

However, I don't think that the good and nice people who are willing to talk friendly are all gone. They are just not trying anymore, to avoid insults when giving advice or they just follow the flow "don't talk and focus on the mission", by habit.

I say, if you want more cool interactions, just start the conversations yourself in the squad/Region channel. If there are nice people, they will reply to you ;)

I guess this situation is inevitable when the playerbase grows, especially when you're an old player, and you see a game change so much, and many people leave, replaced by hordes of newer ones.

The real Invasions were not where you believed, Tenno...

The System needs you.

I try to talk to people in missions when they strike up a convo, but I often get so wrapped up in shooting things in the face that I miss it when my team tries to talk to me. If I ever had any of you on a team and it looked like I was ignoring you, I apologize. I just forget to look down at my chat box once the sound of my shotguns firing gets going. My bad!

I'll talk to someone if they ask a question and I know the answer, or if the person looks like I would enjoy talking to them.

I tried having voice chat on when I first started and I got babies crying and music playing or terribly ear-splitting white noise over broken microphones.

I try to engage in pleasantries and howdyados when I can but some missions are like a race to see who can get to the end first. I don't usually do this because believe it or not, there are players who actually try to experience the content or are trying to farm resources in missions. I generally try to match pace with the rest of the squad. I don't have a problem taking it slow on low level missions and try not to do that thing that some players do where they insta-kill everything before anyone else can fire a bullet. I see a lot of people do that in low level missions and it's not really cool, especially when other players are trying to do their bonus quests.

For me, sometimes i would be staying in the squad chat and chat with people. Talking to clannies during raids, sorties,etc, mostly in discord (Usually during long missions) There would be a few times that people will be talking but im concentrating in the game or talking on the clan chat and accidentally ignored them. There's not much to talk in short missions since u just go in fast and exit like capture missions. Sometimes i would ask how many times do u have left in the invasion......and boom small talk.

There are a couple of main reasons people don't speak much any more:

• Relic system: With the old Void, we needed to form a group via recruiting, discuss what frames/builds to bring, and there was often banter during the run.  The relic system revolves around queuing up, racing to the end, and hitting [Leave Group] before anyone else so you don't have to deal with a host migration.
  • End of Mission Summary: People don't have time to talk because they're too busy trying to kill everything before others...why?...because of the mission summary screen.  People want ways to measure their epeens, and the mission summary screen gives it to them.  Talking would only distract them from their Mirage/Simulor spam.