The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Discuss Warframe Rivens?!

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

Man, we really, I mean Really Do Not Need Warframe Rivens.

What a sh!+ storm that would start...

But plus 100 for Primed Buffs.

Sicarus Prime was a good start, want to see more.

Un-Nerf the Braton Prime's ammo pool!

Buff Ak/Bronco Prime.

Fang Prime.

Bo Prime maybe?

Unlike weapons, warframes are supposed to be equally useful  and not tiered in any way and unlike weapons, DE actually tries balancing them.

This would go against the very purpose of riven mods, which are supposed to make weak weapons viable for later missions. Weak warframes shouldn't exist in ths first place, though.

6 hours ago, Ninja22678 said:

They already said no Warframe Rivens in Devstream 82 or 83 I believe.  

They also said they would reduce the grind and along came the Hema grind.

Rivens are a large plat sink ... the more plat the more money they make. 

7 hours ago, Ninja22678 said:

E: It actually might have been a Second Stream Podcast.

Can you please find the source for me? There have been some rumors lately about Warframe Rivens being planned and that's bad. Like, really bad.

I know it doesn't always mean much, but any official word from DE on the subject will be appreciated!

8 hours ago, Ninja22678 said:

But some files in the game indicate the existence of Omega Mods, for Warframes...
I dunno if it's a good idea, I'm not a huge fan of Riven Mods, so Omega mods... No, definitely no.

2 minutes ago, Dycoth said:

But some files in the game indicate the existence of Omega Mods, for Warframes...
I dunno if it's a good idea, I'm not a huge fan of Riven Mods, so Omega mods... No, definitely no.

The only way I can see Warframe Rivens working is with random stats but fixed %: like, a Warframe Riven will randomly have a few positive and negative stats including Power Strenght/Efficency/Duration and everything, but the % is not random, so if you get a Power Strenght stat it'll always be say 60% increase or 30% decrease.

That way there is still the randomness of getting a Warframe Riven in the first place and the desired stats in the second place; but as long as the stats are acquired, every player gets the same boost. 

I can't imagine having random % on Warfrrames' stats, like in the old days.

Besides, obviously Warframe Rivens are NOT needed, even less than weapons ones: there should not be weaker frames, that's the whole point of reworking them, right? I mean, a warframe with a strong Riven disposition is a failure from the start, as it means that such frame is in a bad state and is left like that, which is against everything that Warframe isw. That would be quite unacceptable!

I can imagine they plan to add omega mods aka warframe rivens. They made a lot of questionable decision so I can see if they are trying to do that direction what they were planned. Not really matter now maybe later but till there is a modding system then nothing will be balanced.

1 hour ago, Dycoth said:

Omega is the placeholder name of Riven. Yes Riven mods for warframes / archwing / melee are going to be released in the near future according to datamines.

4 hours ago, Dycoth said:

Just as it says about Primed Streamline?

Pffff.

Regardless of direct reassurances from DE about how they will never release Warframe Riven mods, I am about 90% certain that they have considered it, and probably are still considering it. Please do recall that DE sacrificed Damage 3.0 so that they could release weapon Rivens.