The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone actually uses channeling mods?

Beggining

Looking back at all the channeling melee mods, it occured to me that I've only ever used one channeling mod: Life Strike. Channeling, as a whole, doesn't seem to be very useful. It really doesn't help that melee has a lot of "must" mods like Body Count (which feels like a band-aid mod :v)

So, does anyone use channeling mods? Maybe the new ones, like Dispatch Overdrive?

I haven't seen the new one you mentioned, but I'm debating a Channel build for my Dex Dakra, to help them deal with higher level enemies, since I love those swords. I got Efficiency down to a single bit of energy per hit. Coupled with energy Siphon and a large energy pool, I might be good.

5 minutes ago, Nocam said:

I haven't seen the new one you mentioned

Dispatch Overdrive increases your movement speed when you kill an enemy with channel melee. They drop from Corrupted Butchers.

6 minutes ago, Nocam said:

but I'm debating a Channel build for my Dex Dakra, to help them deal with higher level enemies, since I love those swords. I got Efficiency down to a single bit of energy per hit. Coupled with energy Siphon and a large energy pool, I might be good.

4 minutes ago, ashrah said:

on some weapons, I use killing blow because it gives crazy amounts of damage.

It is true that channeling can help to give that extra damage. I guess I just can't wrap my head around using energy to increase melee damage instead of outright using your powrs (Not a melee main here :P)

Just now, VisionAndVoice said:

There ARE people that play other frames than Nekros or play groups without Nekros. Crazy, huh?

You can be Snarky all you want, I was merely pointing out that it's not a good idea if you;re trying to Desecrate. Snark not required, as I did not suggest that's all people run. Forgive me for offering some advice on channeling, since I have a Channel build I'm working on.

2 minutes ago, Nocam said:

Forgive me for offering some advice on channeling, since I have a Channel build I'm working on.

You are forgiven.

4 minutes ago, Nocam said:

You can be Snarky all you want, I was merely pointing out that it's not a good idea if you;re trying to Desecrate.

Obvious thing is obvious. Though to be fair, Channeling does not completely deny you a corpse, the time window to desecrate channeled corpses is much smaller, but it's still there.

Actually yes I do use channeled mods. I don't care about what Dispatch Overdrive does, it increases movement speed but, it's a sacrifice in your overall damage you would be dealing. I like Scoliac because I channel it, and not use all those fancy acolyte mods that I have on like every critical chance melee over 10%

nAbHIdR.jpg

https://goo.gl/vzUbNW

Now this is purely for enjoyment, you can kill level 100 infested Ancients with this build within seconds, so it's really good against infested. And it's very fast, making it really fun.

Edited by Alcatraz

19 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

The movement speed on kill one is pretty interesting, other than that, only life strike. why? Multipliers on efficiency drop are too damn high.

It's funny how my melee go-to frame - Valkyr - doesn't actually use Life Strike due to her having it innately. Assuming Overdrive work in Hysteria, I might fool around with that mod.

13 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

I think I have Killing Blow and Corrupt Charge installed on my Synoid Heliocor, since it has a higher channeling multiplier than normal. Otherwise...not really.

Made me wonder: do you think we should have a channeling-based melee, with lower energy cost by default? Could be fun.

4 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Made me wonder: do you think we should have a channeling-based melee, with lower energy cost by default? Could be fun.

Yes we should. We have all those fancy wowy critical chance melee, status, critical/status but not really any good channel melee. None that excel at channel in the form of better efficiency, and rarely any high in channel damage.

4 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Channeling has always been a highly underutilized stat when it comes to differentiating weapons from one another. DE has started to scratch the surface a little bit recently with things like higher channeling multipliers or the cloning effect on the Synoid Heliocor, but there's still a lot they could do with it.

Just now, ObsidianG said:

I don't even use Life Strike unless it's necessary. If is not, I don't waste a slot with it, I put a dual stat mod or something in it's place.

On one of my builds, I have it unranked. All I need, really.