The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why do people feel the need to prevent others from having things

Morgana_Arcana

4 minutes ago, Demonette said:

I can consider the other viewpoint and still disagree. I know why people buy time limited things, it's because they're afraid they can't get it after. But it's irrational if other people getting it prevents you from enjoying it. Nothing I'm advocating for would prevent them from having it and enjoying it, it's really that simple.

Look, I will have to accept this outcome yes. But I also want to discuss it. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

If you have to accept the outcome, why waste the time to discuss something is not gonna happen beside being against the rules discussing anything related in having a Founder pack or topics related about any item coming from the very same pack?

Just now, Dartiel said:

I forgot, Excal P should'nt be farmable either, you have to buy PA to get him, like how we got him years ago.

PA only at the same prices as the original Founders' Packs, adjusted for inflation, raised in price so that you're contributing as much to DE now as the Founders were back then.

People would do it.

I have literally never seen a Founder argue that DE shouldn't give away Excal Prime 'because it would make mine less valuable', so I don't know where you even dug up the argument you're railing against.

You had as much a chance as anyone else to be a Founder, DE never did anything to prevent you from that-- only your own life circumstances didn't line up. You were on equal footing with everybody else, so there's nothing unfair about it. It's not DE's place to make up for YOUR life circumstances. 

1 minute ago, YUNoJump said:

PA only at the same prices as the original Founders' Packs, adjusted for inflation, raised in price so that you're contributing as much to DE now as the Founders were back then.

People would do it.

Fair enough, and Founders should get something equal in return of releasing Excal P.

At least an Exclusive skin (cosmetic).

7 minutes ago, Dartiel said:

Idea : 

Founders get Special Excal skins and Sigils.

While everybody could farm Excal P.

*Evil Laughter*

Tis an endless cycle of salty.

What about if you guys given some real life gift like statue or some pack which equal in price for your contribution. If I were you I would like to ask for honor a banner, backpack, T-shirt, special poster only for founders and a statue. Everything which not in game and block others.

23 minutes ago, Demonette said:

Thing is, those arguments are bad and I'm calling them bad. It's like, people put up a bad argument and then just expect it to end because they got the last word?

It doesn't matter what you or I think about the arguments. I don't care if the founders stuff is re-issued, I got what I wanted and I don't care whether others have it or not.

But

DE have stated multiple times that the founders package was never to be available again and will never return, whether it was a good idea in the first place or whether DE should have said that, it's done, it is a fixed issue, statements have been irrecoverably made. Not "Currently no plans to" not "time limited exclusive" but literally "None of these in-game items will be available again" ( https://warframe.com/news/founders-program-ending-nov-1 )

This is a F2P game, trust in the proprietors is axial to their continued funding, DE cannot change this now they have committed to it

Edited by SilentMobius

Just now, Sziklamester said:

What about if you guys given some real life gift like statue or some pack which equal in price for your contribution. If I were you I would like to ask for honor a banner, backpack, T-shirt, special poster only for founders and a statue. Everything which not in game and block others.

But that's not what founders basically paid for. I paid for Excal P and for his exclusivity. So I don't want a shirt or something. Then I want DE to give me my money back, if I can just go and farm for Excal P

2 minutes ago, Dartiel said:

Fair enough, and Founders should get something equal in return of releasing Excal P.

Excalibur Prime Prime skin. Just Excalibur Prime but the face ring has another ring on top of it and every gold bit has ridiculously intense bloom emanating from it. Also he gets a halo.

4 minutes ago, Demonette said:

A funny thing about this forum, is people driving by just to say they don't like a discussion. You don't have to give your two cents to every single thread, you can just click on to the next one if you don't care about it.

Doesn´t make difference if we like or not to discuss it since rules is rules, and contract is a contract so we should respect it so more than a waste of time to continue to insist, is to continue wasting your life into that pointless discussion.

I'm out, so enjoy!

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

But that's not what founders basically paid for. I paid for Excal P and for his exclusivity. So I don't want a shirt or something. Then I want DE to give me my money back, if I can just go and farm for Excal P

True because they added those items to the table which was a silly move. Paid for in game stuff itself a joke but I can ignoe this but If I were a founder I am sure I would lik to pay something more than an in game pixel. That is more meaningful. Also I accept your point of view too because you paid for what they let to you guys. lso refund is an option but they choosed badly the special stuffs. This happend but everything can change. If they let others farm then le if not then you not lost your status. 

8 minutes ago, Dartiel said:

Would this raise the exact same problem after all? 

I never understood this mania and extreme need for Excal P, and even Umbra Excal, that comes from people that did not buy the Founders Pack. It's a reskin, you are not gaining anything new besides the skin and the  6k mastery. It's not like Excal P plays differently than normal Excal. 

DE are doing a really good job here for sticking to their guns and keeping their promise. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

lso refund is an option but they choosed badly the special stuffs

Refund may be an option for you. But it's not for DE. Just imagine how much money they would have to refund, if every founder wanted his money back. I bet their shareholders wouldn't be all that happy...

I bought founder purely to help the game, I barely if at all even use the stuff I got from it. But yah if they do release him, I believe they would have to give us something equal to what everyone payed for. But DE and Everyone else must understand, This would lose the trust of a lot of founders.

42 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

The main reason people get so salty is because they are sick and tired of seeing the same threads over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....... and over again. Especially when the info is there for all too see. Its not because founders don't want everyone else to have their fun, we just want DE to stick to their guns and lets be honest here, people are kicking up a fuss over very, very mundane gear. Thats why these threads get locked.

On the flip side I could also ask why are people so obsessed with having everything that someone else has? It works both ways hombre. I actually used to be all for re-releasing founders packs back in the day if all of the founders agreed to it. You know what changed my mind? The constant whining and entitlement displayed by people that simply HAVE to have everything. If someone else has it, they have to have it. I can guarantee you that if founders was never exclusive, pretty much no one would give a hoot. They'd level up the gear and immediately launch it into space or trade it all for ducets (well they might keep excal P).

This is the deadest horse I have ever seen. Its been beaten so thoroughly to death its disintegrated. 

I have to admit these "have to have everything" players did a good job regarding Umbra. We might've never heard about him, it's not likely DE wanted us to.

49 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

The only "unfair" thing is being unable to get the strongest version of Excalibur which I guess will soon be fixed by introducing Umbra version. The other two items are pretty mediocre.

Now you are gonna said that he didnt know about this topic ? ... the only way to stop this people is with a ban .

Now, now, do not blame people who have Exalibur Prime. Many Founders i seen were indifferent about it. 

I do not have it and think that it should stay Founder exclusive. Why? Because it's nice then promises are kept and that profit do not numbs the feeling.

Edited by rand0mname
Spelling

You are playing this game because some people saw potential in it and spent an absurd amount for founders access, this paid DE when they were on the precipice of failure.  In doing so it changed everything, the developers were paid and the Warframe kept going.  I am not a founder, I probably would not have been one given the state of the game at the time...But I appreciate the ones who did and I say thusly this: thank you, enjoy your Excalibur and his gold hood ornament.