The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I missing something or this guy is just..... dumb? (no pics inside, no naming inside)

Kronxito

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

But then he would have complained that the duo combo is annoying then? He shouldn't stop killing just because someone told him to, he plays how he wants and if the other player had problem, then they could have left.

What does that have to do with how affinity gain works?  I'm not talking about over-inflated egos bolstered from meaningless kill numbers.  I'm answering the question.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

But then he would have complained that the duo combo is annoying then? He shouldn't stop killing just because someone told him to, he plays how he wants and if the other player had problem, then they could have left.

And I was giving affinity to all of them quickly.....  

The way I level my stuff is my problem. The point here is why was that guy asking me to stop. I asked him but no response.

5 minutes ago, LeighWong said:

What does that have to do with how affinity gain works?  I'm not talking about over-inflated egos bolstered from meaningless kill numbers.  I'm answering the question.

And I appreciate you for that. Thank you.

Edited by ArionLightning

Let's recap a few points on this thread because I think we're being a bit lost, everyone:

OP's point: Someone joins into a mission and asks you to stop killing, just because (there's no objective that needs to stay alive like a Simaris target).

This begs the question: If you join a party anywhere at any level, would you ask them to stop if they were faster to kill stuff than you?

Second point, brought up by members: Affinity gains. TBH I didn't know a thing about it neither, I've always thought that Warframe and weapon kills were shared by the same ratios across the board (I've honestly never noticed a difference). Then again, I blame DE's lack of meaningful information in their own game (an issue they've set to resolve).

And I thought basic systems were lacking, but this one's just too big to leave out. It's literally not telling people how the experience share works ._.

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Let's recap a few points on this thread because I think we're being a bit lost, everyone:

OP's point: Someone joins into a mission and asks you to stop killing, just because (there's no objective that needs to stay alive like a Simaris target).

This begs the question: If you join a party anywhere at any level, would you ask them to stop if they were faster to kill stuff than you?

Second point, brought up by members: Affinity gains. TBH I didn't know a thing about it neither, I've always thought that Warframe and weapon kills were shared by the same ratios across the board (I've honestly never noticed a difference). Then again, I blame DE's lack of meaningful information in their own game (an issue they've set to resolve).

And I thought basic systems were lacking, but this one's just too big to leave out. It's literally not telling people how the experience share works ._.

Yep.

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Love you :clem:

Just a info if you wonder how it works >

Warframes and weapons gain Affinity for several types of actions, detailed below. Unless specified otherwise, all Affinity gained uses the same split: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

• Kill an enemy with a Warframe ability. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.
  • Kill an enemy with a weapon. Half of the Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.
    • Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, split according to your own weaponry. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies. This does not apply to Archwing mode as it has much larger ranges for shared affinity.

Full squads with optimal efficiency is the best way to lvl up and is what most players seek. its better to ask the payer why then making a "hate" thread about the player, which is the problem here.

As an Example, Akkad Gives 23% xp bonus and 18%+ xp from melee kills and 30% bonus resources Having a team with Secura Lectras and in less then 10 waves my gear is max lvl (I have affinity booster) and I have 100k cred, all in around 5-10min. and Most players in Akkad uses this combo in public, so its efficent. 

Using Abilities will neglect these bonuses of (in my case) 42% xp.

Just some information from google:

-You kill with a warframe power: 100% affinity goes to warframe

-You kill with a weapon: 50% goes to weapon and the other 50% goes to warframe

-A teammate kills: 25% to your warframe and 75% to your equipped weapons.

Succesfully complete the mission and you get +125%.

I would imagine they were probably asking you to stop killing because what you were doing was splitting up the enemies, which meant that the overall wave-clear time was longer than if the Simulor Mirage had killed them with the AOE. It's an efficiency issue, much like how some people used to complain on Draco if players ran around and killed things rather than letting Saryn do all the work.

That's not a defense of their actions, but I don't think they said it because they were kill-hungry but rather because people love rushing everything in this game. Which is sad, I've had the most fun in this game recently by taking rank 0 'frames and weapons into the Void and playing in the same way I used to play when I first reached the Void - cautiously poking around corners, actually crouching behind cover, etc.

Edited by Littlerift

30 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

The way I level my stuff is my problem. The point here is why was that guy asking me to stop. I asked him but no response.

He was feeling left out, mirage+simulor players tends to take a lot of the kills, so that's why.

I don't see a problem with affinity, but the problem you've menthioned, why was he asking you to stop killing the enemies with your frame ability. 

There's nothing I could tell you here. He probably wanted a kick option I guess?

Whats the point of this thread?, Complain about of a random Mirage player that couldnt do the most kills? (Being Stupid), yeah for sure i would ignore that guy like i usually do when i cross similar people ingame.

Now aside from this, people talking about affinity gain is right, When i want to level a melee weapon asap i only equqip de melee weapon go as nova, frost, trinity, or any support frame and i try to do the less kills as i can. That way 75% of the shared affinity will go to my melee weapon. When you kill with abilities 100% goes to your frame, so that being said the affinity you got on your melee weapon that mission came from your teammates kills not your avalanche kills btw, as an advice you should learn how efficiency works to maximize your efficiency on grinding. But ofc you are free to play in the way you want, but you shouldnt discuss about something you dont know.

1 minute ago, Arrectius said:

Whats the point of this thread?, Complain about of a random Mirage player that couldnt do the most kills? (Being Stupid), yeah for sure i would ignore that guy like i usually do when i cross similar people ingame.

Now aside from this, people talking about affinity gain is right, When i want to level a melee weapon asap i only equqip de melee weapon go as nova, frost, trinity, or any support frame and i try to do the less kills as i can. That way 75% of the shared affinity will go to my melee weapon. When you kill with abilities 100% goes to your frame, so that being said the affinity you got on your melee weapon that mission came from your teammates kills not your avalanche kills btw, as an advice you should learn how efficiency works to maximize your efficiency on grinding. But ofc you are free to play in the way you want, but you shouldnt discuss about something you dont know.

To my knowledge taking only one weapon doesn't increase the affinity that weapon gets. I may well be wrong though.

Edited by Littlerift

2 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

To my knowledge taking only one weapon doesn't increase the affinity that weapon gets. I may well be wrong though.

It doesnt increase de total affinity, but carrying just one weapon makes 75% of the shared go to that said weapon. If you carry 2 weapons is just the 37.5%  and if you carry 3 is 25%.

This only applies to shared affinity, your kills are a total different thing, if you kill with a frame ability 100% goes to the frame, your kils with weapons are 50% for the said weapon and 50% for the frame.

Edited by Arrectius

Just now, Littlerift said:

It actualy does, everything gets XP aslong it is equipped, if it needs xp or not. Shared xp will only get on one weapon and the frame if you have nothing else equipped, including pets.

You can technicly get like double xp to lvl only one part then this way.

The section in the wiki on affinity is poorly worded/arranged. Many people misread it because one of the most important points is listed in the middle of a whole bunch of bullet points as an exception, haha.

Edited by schilds

44 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

When a squadmember other than you gets a kill and you're within 50m of that kill 75% of the affinity is divided amongst all the weapons you have equipped and 25% to your frame.  Having only one weapon equipped will increase the amount of affinity that one weapon would get versus having multiple weapons equipped.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

44 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Isn't it 75% towards frame weapons, 25 towards weapon frame? 

FTFY

When a squadmember gets the kill and not you, yes.

When you kill an enemy with a skill, no.

100% of affinity gains from your frame skills go to your frame.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG
Edit: corrections

Ah okay, that clears things up for me. It's not like I've been here for three years or anything and have no idea how affinity works...

Out of curiosity, I'm guessing that when an enemy is killed by a weapon that's been buffed by a power that the weapon gets the affinity? For example, if I use Warcry on Valkyr and then melee somebody the melee weapon would get the affinity and not the 'frame, right?

1 hour ago, Mover-NeRo said:

Just a info if you wonder how it works >

Warframes and weapons gain Affinity for several types of actions, detailed below. Unless specified otherwise, all Affinity gained uses the same split: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

• Kill an enemy with a Warframe ability. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.
  • Kill an enemy with a weapon. Half of the Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.
    • Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, split according to your own weaponry. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies. This does not apply to Archwing mode as it has much larger ranges for shared affinity.

This is the correct answer, if the OP had done all the killing in that mission with avalanche and no other players had done any, the OPs melee weapon would have only gotten the tiny split of Affinity from the mission reward, nothing more.

If you are not using a weapon to kill then all (Kill based) affinity gain for that weapon comes from the other players.

Important point to note DE hates that this is a thing, they changed it a long time ago so you would not get radial affinity from other players on a weapon you didn't use, but then reverted it due to an outcry because the players said that levelling unranked weapons was too hard

The recent addition of "base drain" to weapons and Warframes was accompanied with the warning that this solved that historical problem, and we should expect changes to affinity soon.

So expect radial team affinity to stop levelling unused weapons soon!

Edited by SilentMobius

2 hours ago, ArionLightning said:

...when a simulor mirage wrote me:  "Frost please, stop killing".

As I played the sortie last night, the second round was a exterminate with radiation effect. We had a simulor mirage in the group... 

Let that sink in... simulor mirage... in a radiation sortie mission...

Than at some point near the end, I accidentally used a stealth finisher to knock them to the ground in revive mode... Purely accidental, but I could help but feel that this was my Loki acting out against the mirage for knocking him down repeatedly...

Edit*

What im trying to say is... forget simulor mirage's. To nerf either would break the combo, but also break either weapon or frame for those that dont use the combo, so its something we just have to deal with. fi you are still able to get kills yourself, just worry about that.

Though it would be better to actually use the weapon than your warframes abilities to kill the enemies.

Edited by Schregger
forgot the point of the thread for a moment

4 hours ago, Ailissa said:

So ... someone asked you to stop killing and your first thought was "i'd punch them"?

Due to that line alone i'm going to assume overcompensation and take it you couldn't shred wet paper.

There is certainly one dumb person in all that but it isn't the other person. 

The dumb person is the designer who though that AFK gaming was a good idea...

I will never let the team do the work for me, just because I'll earn 1 and a half bonus level, I'm here to play, I don't want to watch a movie o/

So at least, ask him to use some debuff frame, or anything. But just don't call him stupid because he actualy wants to play. Please