The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OLD events

Jim22

55 minutes ago, JIM22 said:

Hi everyone should DE bring back old events like gate crash and tethras doom?

just an idea for how bored I am with the game at the moment.

have a nice day or night :)

Whether they bring back or events or not, they NEED to start doing events again.  As far as I am concerned this is a real sore spot atm, it is like DE threw up there arms and gave up on events, especially because "back in the day" they were doing them every 2.5~3 months.

This is much needed. Getting to run event that many might have missed as well as using Frames that were not available back then is a way to bring back replay in this ever changing game. I hear they are working on it but please when it is done, make it replayable and always open. Heck, put it in the Simulacrum. This way it can be done solo or as a team where it does not effect the "storyline".

Rewards should be points as indicated with a prize pool. And bring back Wyrmius and Flappy Zeph!!!! 

TL;DR: 1) Events with lore should be integrated (in a simplified version) into the Star Chart progression to explain the lore to new players in a manner that makes sense. 2) All old events should be regularly repeated if a repeat is reasonable: e.g. Relays are rebuid before there is a Fomorian attack on them.

I'm playing since about 7 months so I missed almost all events. What bugs me about this the most is the lore behind it. I read the chronological summary of Alad V in a different threat a few days ago and was finally able to understand stuff. So I'd prefer for DE to include (old) Events in the Star Chart progression for new players. As they play along they experience the lore in a sequence that makes sense. I guess in some cases they could act as an introduction to new mission types: Earth Sabotage, Excavation, Void Sabotage, Rathuum,...

Let me give an example: I unlocked all nodes before SotR so I don't know how the unlocking feels now. But imagine you go to Sedna and clear the first nodes and then are thown into an arena. Wouldn't it be better to include something similar like the Rathuum event to explain it? I don't think that it should be the whole event but more like a transmission from Steel Meridian after you unlocked the first arena node to seek your help. Then you have to get 100 points to defeat Kela. The transmissions in the Kela assassination feels in some cases out of place for me because I didn't play this event. After defeating Kela the player could be given the same choice (What happens to the Steel Meridian guy?) with a possible reward. And that should be it imho: no endurance mode, not requirement to play all arenas.

Though I'm not against bringing back old missions, I think it should make sense. E.g. relays would have to be rebuild before a repeat of Eyes of Blight. Moreover a participation could be tied to the star chart progression, if DE integrated old events there, but that should only happen if events are regularly repeated. Rathuum potentially could since Steel Meridian (or any other syndicate) could ask again for your help to free their people. Index could be repeated as well by Nef Anyo taunting the Tenno to play against him or by the Myconians (or others) to help them out again.

Since I only read about most of the events I might be mistaken what they really included. But I really hope that I get to experience them in one form or another in the future. :)