The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 weeks in (New player experience)

SCP-000

The New Player Experience is one of the most important parts to get right. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

If you want to give it some more time, join a clan and ask if you can team up with 3 others and form a Squad for some nodeclearing fun together.

If you find you like the pace and flow of the game, the Quests and if you find a warframe and weapons you really like, then I think you will hang around.

If not, then at least you gave it a try.

3 hours ago, Suv8894 said:

frames like Loki and Limbo

How could you forgot Booben :angry:

Although Limbo is a master troll with max duration cataclysm, it only denies loot, and hackable objects (+ the datamass) while a "pro" Booben can lprevent anybody from going through a door, and he can bounce teammates, kubrows and rescue/sortie defense targets

Edited by ThunderZsolt

3 hours ago, Danjal777 said:

Many of you guys are complaining about him wanting a free mod.  It's a thief's wit!  That isn't worth giving this new player a headache over, I've met players that were new and had no idea what was going on.  Sadly I am sorry I wasnt there, I would have given you a ton of mods to get you started.

Exactly this. Most of them thinks just because it was easy for them to get it,  it's gonna be easy for everyone. The problem is some basic much needed mods like serration and hornet strikes are pretty hard to get. One of my clanmate farmed like crazy for 3 weeks straight and he still didn't get hornet strike and got only 1 serration. I wanted to give him those mods but he refused and went farming again. Eventually he gave up and took it. 

1 hour ago, ThunderZsolt said:

How could you forgot Booben :angry:

Although Limbo is a master troll with max duration cataclysm, it only denies loot, and hackable objects (+ the datamass) while a "pro" Booben can lprevent anybody from going through a door, and he can bounce teammates, kubrows and rescue/sortie defense targets

Nova is the queen of preventing someone going through a door, not booben.

Got one yesterday, that guy just put a dozen wormhole around the door. Luckily I was using Ash at that time, so, no pressure. 

1 minute ago, Suv8894 said:

Nova is the queen of preventing someone going through a door, not booben.

Got one yesterday, that guy just put a dozen wormhole around the door. Luckily I was using Ash at that time, so, no pressure. 

Please, Magnetize.  Stop's the whole group once it's fully amped up with a few shots from a forma'd Sancti Tigris. 

@SCP-000

Hey. If u don´t mind i would add u to my friendlist.

I am sure i can help u out a lil bit with mods, missions, explanations and maybe even a clan invite. I know the game isn´t really beginner friendly but u should give it a chance and some time. The more u progress the more fun u will have with the game. In Warframe it´s not a shame if u need a helping hand. =)

I hope to see u ingame. :)

Have fun!

*sry for my bad english

If you don't like grinding and finding your own mods, it doesn't get any better. You're just going to frustrate yourself.

I personally, like grinding and enjoy the delayed gratification that this game provides.

It's just a f2p game, don't play it if you are not enjoying the experience.

Edited by Hypernaut1

4 hours ago, Noamuth said:

Please, Magnetize.  Stop's the whole group once it's fully amped up with a few shots from a forma'd Sancti Tigris. 

Umm.. We were talking about Nova preventing other players from going through the door, not enemies, as in trolling xD.

12 hours ago, SCP-000 said:

I wonder if this should be in feedback, oh well. Hi, I'm relatively new and I would like to share what I had experienced in my two weeks of playing this game. 

Don't care? Move along, nothing to see here. 

My first few days, was interesting. Watching the introduction cut scene, one of the Grineers had this glitched face, hilarious at first, but immediately annoyed me right after. Getting into the gameplay, kinda fun, then I noticed the static reloading and magic cartridges flying out of my Lato. "Oh." I said. "Cute." Onto the Braton, I was trying to angle the camera so I can see how it do. "Oh." Again. I also like how when I "quick-melee," my primary weapon magically appear behind my back and I have to "draw" it out to use it again. I get it. "Quick-melee." Ha ha. 

Some of the transmission screens didn't have any lip sync, which was disturbing, and Dravo was apparently on a trampoline. 

Finally out of the cut scene and finishing this beginning quest. My impression was meh. I got worse as I realized from reading other reviews... The grind is annoying. Finishing ranking my first weapons to 30,(someone in region chat said to level all weapons to 30 before swapping to new ones) switching to a new weapon whilst mid way into Venus, everything became so bullet spongy. So I went back to Earth to level some weapons, then it hit me. "Do I have to do this for everything?" 

5 days in, I wanted a mod, Thief's Wit, so I went to Maroo's Bazaar and asked around until someone was generous enough to give me one, expect this generosity wanted 10 platinum with it. Now reading the wiki, this mod is common, so I assumed people who are 5 times my level should have loads of this mod and kind enough to give one to me, I was naive. I rejected the trade and logged off for the day. Tried again the new day, some guy at Mastery Rank 5 gave one to me saying "I wasn't going to use it anyway." I guess all was well in the end.  

Nano-spores. The earliest I can get it is in Saturn and yet there are so many weapons and, most importantly, the Incubator Power Core. I don't understand and I expressed this before in another thread, but why is the Kubrow mission so early on? 4.5k Nano-spores and a argon crystal. Still haven't finished the mission yet. 

2nd week, grinding and slowly losing interest in playing. Today, during a Forma Alert, I was playing with a Loki Prime. When reaching extraction, the guy was using Switch teleport on me, saying "I won't let this end until you kill yourself." Didn't put up with this bull and aborted the game. 

Overall. I'm annoyed, probably won't be playing anymore. 

Lmao, I kek'd.

Welcome to Warframe mate.

12 hours ago, Danjal777 said:

It may not seem it, but this is extremely valuable feedback. Many players may have come and gone due to the same issues.  OP thanks for taking the time to write this.

What issues? The game being grindy literally cant be changed due to it then being a completely different game (one i wouldnt play because i like the grind). Same with the game being bullet spongy if you weapon isnt up to snuff (how else to dofferentiate between a 8 forma weapon and a 0 forma weapon).

So that leaves him being to lazy to grind a mod. (Something that cant be changed)

And a player being a $&*^ to him. (Something that happens in literally every multiplayer game)

So yea.... it was a uterrly and completely worthless post.

Its a horrible climb. 

Anyone who plays the game enough will know that there are constant slopes to cross over. 

Sometimes there's a hand you can take, sometimes there's a foot to your face. 

And as you continue your journey, it becomes slower and slower.

It starts to feel heavy, I know. We know.

You seem like a okay type of guy OP, you tried and spoke your mind. 

Who knows, maybe you'll come back and shoot a few more grineers later, do it with a friend though. You can only do so much alone...

Wow 7 posts till someone offered something helpful. And 10p for thief's wit is a rip-off. Obviously having thousands of something doesn't warrant a pro bono trade out of courtesy. Then again a trading hub isn't a place to ask for hand-outs.

Play the game with friends. Helps to overlook the problems the game has, and they can shoulder some of the burden with you.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

Lel, welcome to Warframe. Sounds like you just had a bad, awkward start. This is kind of a grindy game, so it's mostly fun if you want to have fun with it. It gets fun after you get through the basics, which really doesn't take that long. If you want, you can try going at your own pace. Also, Thief's Wit is pretty easy to get, no need to buy that, that IS a sign of laziness lol.

OP, I understand your problems with the game since I also suffered from them when I first started the game. Hopefully you haven't fully quit the game yet and still lurk in the forums cause I would like to help you out.

First off, the way the story is presented to you in this game is rather unorthodox if compared to most other games so don't expect any consistent story-telling or questlines. The main selling point of this game has been pretty much the grinding-style gameplay which is similar to games such as Diablo, Borderlands where you farm for loot so your character can improve (Though in this game you're farming for resources to make gear and things to improve the gear). If you don't find any of what I have written compelling then this might not be the game for you.

Ofcourse the other good aspect of the game is from the playerbase, the community itself is filled with generous people. You should join a clan (You can check for some) since many are filled with people eager to help new players. I highly suggest you seek them out in the forums (Ingame chat too but it there be alot of trolls).

I actually have to go to class but I hope what I have written can help you get a better understanding of the game in a "how you can enjoy the game" kind of way.

Edit: You can also pm me if you need some mods, I have a few spares I saved for my friends (Though most of them have quit from similar problems).

Edited by Haspitas

20 hours ago, SCP-000 said:

Don't care? Move along, nothing to see here. 

damn, you feisty lol.

I'm kidding, welcome to Warframe! it sounds like you had a rough time, but sadly there are those toxic few that prey on newer players. if you can find someone to share the experience with and guide you when necessary, I'm sure you'll have a much better time. Grinding is central to much of the game though, so unless you have money to throw around, you'll have to play long stretches to get some of the good stuff. if you stick at it though, it's very rewarding. you will get better gear eventually, it's just a question of whether or not you're willing to put the effort in.

if you are then welcome to the community, if not, good luck in whatever games you move on to! :smile: 

I'm sorry what?  A new player offer his/her story about their experience of the game and we blasted them for deciding not to play it anymore?  Sure this is just their story and it isn't much of a discussion, but it still is valuable feedback.  Maybe not the most properly written thesis, but the points are clear.  I honestly find some of the replies on this thread very disappointing. 

Okay so OP probably won't play this game again, what so their opinion aren't worth jack?  New player feedback is precisely what Warframe needs to improve its retention rate.  How is that something us Warframe players not care about?  The game needs to improve not just for the sake of veterans but for potential new players too. 

But their whole story is negative?  So what?  We all know what is good about this game, or we wouldn't still be here reading the forum and caring about the game now would we?  I for one am glad someone took their time to register and talk about what they find wrong and off putting about the game.  ESPECIALLY new player experience, something us veterans will never experience again, and definitely not with the same perspective (with the game keep evolving over time), and therefore cannot offer the right kind of feedback.     

18 hours ago, Jorencice said:

What issues? The game being grindy literally cant be changed due to it then being a completely different game (one i wouldnt play because i like the grind). Same with the game being bullet spongy if you weapon isnt up to snuff (how else to dofferentiate between a 8 forma weapon and a 0 forma weapon).

So that leaves him being to lazy to grind a mod. (Something that cant be changed)

And a player being a $&*^ to him. (Something that happens in literally every multiplayer game)

So yea.... it was a uterrly and completely worthless post.

With only 68 hours spent ingame you are acting all superior about how you like the grind and the op is lazy and want free stuff??? Seriously??

Tell you what,why don't you try farming normal Saryn or Equinox / Ivara or Vengefull Revenant/Tempo Royale/Crimson Dervish.....heck,forget the frames/mods...just do the Atlas quest and farm the Phelriac Pod BP and see if you are still standing here at the end of the month with the same attitude you've shown in your post.Oh and the fact that you're using Nidus without completing TWW shows that you didn't even bothered to farm him.so,that only makes you a big f-ing HYPOCRITE.

Edited by Suv8894

Farming or grinding

Veteran or newbie

Troll or Team mate

There are many facets to being in WARFRAME and the one that everyone is....is being human. Some people have the world given to them so they expect the same from video games. Others use this as an escape from their lives and indulge in this reality. Few more just want to be godlike and have the ME style of playing.

OP came into this game with their attitude and put everything on the game to impress without making sure everything on their end ran smoothly. Was your PC and Internet up to the task? Might be the reason for the choppy cutscenes.

Did you research the game or just dive in with a dislike of Ninja and Sci-fi? These are Some of the reasons that many find this post not being helpful. Your track of mindset can make the difference to those reading your input.

The game is not for everyone and that is good. It means if it does keep you going, you will find the reason to adore it....or try your best to annoy those who do play. You have tried it and found it not to your taste on account of how things were delivered to you. Thank you for that info and may your days after this give you perspective in life. 

Cheers and TTFN

@SCP-000

Really sorry that the game isn't living up to your expectations.

You have a good bit of feedback and it really sounds like this game isn't a fit for you.

The game has a pretty nifty story but there's a measure of grind to get to the portions that a new player can actually see and if grinding isn't your thing, this game isn't for you.

As a veteran of the game, here's my advice to you OP:

Warframe does not have a great story. It does not have a good tutorial on anything. Despite well intentions, it fails at hand-holding new players in guiding them into the game. You will not find an epic story that you wouldn't stop thinking about that you just can't wait to tell your friends. There are a lot of missing pieces all over, especially since some stories are tied up with limited time Events that you can't play again. Warframe does not have a concrete bible of what is what since things get retconned, changed, removed or added at the whims of the developers. We are always baffled at what they deemed to be priority tasks and what is not. That's just how they work.

If you're looking for a complete ride with an engrossing story and an always helpful community, you will not find it here.

However, if you're looking for a stylish action game with satisfying combat, crazy awesome art direction, an interesting non-generic story and universe and don't mind the drawbacks like the lack of hand-holding and having to scour information from third parties and fan wikis and some baffling decisions on balance and farming requirements as well as a rather chill community that doesn't take itself too seriously, this could be a game for you. And you might end up hooked and play it for 3 years.