The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Nasty Saryn Synergy With The Zenistar

Rambit23Z

Seriously, it kills faster than my Galatine Prime, which already is an absolute beast. It does require some setup though, more specifically getting the disc out there. Then there's also the fact that the Zenistar isn't that mobile. Great for defending. I'd probably still use the Galatine for most things due to it's speed, though.

The build: (Note that Saryn's innate status (especially Viral) and Condition Overload is what really makes this work, Tried with other frames, not nearly as powerful)

Spoiler

hQy0t0M.jpg

With Corrosive, Blast, Toxin, Viral and Slash (Zenistar without disc deals physical damage, mostly Slash) adds up to an additional 300% more damage with condition overload. Note that this 300% also applies to the armour ignoring bleed proc (Which is best applied with a ground finisher). And Viral effectively takes all that damage and doubles it. Use channeling for another 50% bonus on top of there again.

And if you for some reason need even more damage. It is possible to get the 8x stealth multiplier on those bleed procs due to the knockdown.

And let's not forget that it perma-stuns anything in it's radius as well as constantly shredding armour.

Edited by Rambit23Z

Just now, Rawbeard said:

how does it compare to a Tonkor?

ha had me laughing^

@op saryn has synergy with lots of weapons and zenistar is useful on pretty much any frame

the major aspect of saryn is the toxic buff from lash and viral/toxic spores makes it rip apart enemies by enhancing base status mods your using , this though can be done also with telos boltace , difference is TB is more ..mobile i guess is the word . zen is a defensive type special ability [though it has lots of range]  o

there are others that come to mind but in a  nut shell those aspect can be driven to other builds and yields close to the same 

3 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

how does it compare to a Tonkor?

Dunno, passively leveled the Tonkor and threw it away once I was done with it. But I can safely say that armour ignoring, 8x multiplied slash procs will scale way farther than the Tonkor by itself.

2 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

R9 primed reach?

This is the only weapon I use Primed Reach on. Not gonna spend an additional 20k Endo just for a small increase.

3 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Or you could just use Inaros 1 and swing once with gas lecta.

No armour ignore on that though. How does it deal with lvl 140 Bombards? 

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ha had me laughing^

@op saryn has synergy with lots of weapons and zenistar is useful on pretty much any frame

the major aspect of saryn is the toxic buff from lash and viral/toxic spores makes it rip apart enemies by enhancing base status mods your using , this though can be done also with telos boltace , difference is TB is more ..mobile i guess is the word . zen is a defensive type special ability [though it has lots of range]  o

there are others that come to mind but in a  nut shell those aspect can be driven to other builds and yields close to the same 

Yep, Saryn is my favourite frame partly because of how well she does with melee. (Without needing to use finishers or naramon)

As for the Telos Boltace, it could work. I haven't tried, though. As much as I love slide attacks, I don't want to limit myself to just that.

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

The Saryn + Zenistar combo is a favorite of mine for defense and mobile defense.

It makes the Frost players scratch their head when everything dies before reaching the globe.

LOL.

IKR! I've had a few frosts get Salty with me because "they didn't feel needed" 

SB5MzxC.png

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

The Saryn + Zenistar combo is a favorite of mine for defense and mobile defense.

It makes the Frost players scratch their head when everything dies before reaching the globe.

LOL.

29 minutes ago, _DapperDanMan_ said:

IKR! I've had a few frosts get Salty with me because "they didn't feel needed" 

SB5MzxC.png

In a way, that's the endgame. Make a build where Frost isn't needed at all. :V

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

LOL.

And bring one of your MIrage + Zenistar buddies in for the icing on the cake..

Then you can truly say, "Your base are belong to us".

Yeah Zenistar is pretty good. Great also on interceptions since disc last 45ish seconds. Molt+spore combo under disc.

Also, Gas says hi.

As for your test @Rambit23Z, now try maintaining channeling while disc is out, you are welcome

Edited for failure to read hidden content.

Edited by Souldend78

On 1/17/2017 at 1:35 PM, ViS4GE said:

In an actual misson. Simulcrum doesnt count  because you can set up the ideal scenario.. which you did. Gas is really OP on tightly clustered enemies because they proc off of each other..... this proves... nothing....

Edited by Seinerweisen

5 hours ago, Seinerweisen said:

In an actual misson. Simulcrum doesnt count  because you can set up the ideal scenario.. which you did. Gas is really OP on tightly clustered enemies because they proc off of each other..... this proves... nothing....

I honestly have no idea what you mean.

You have enemies in front of you ?  You press 1 button and you hit once. Works everywhere~

On 17/01/2017 at 5:35 PM, ViS4GE said:

Oooo - I'm always on the lookout for fun new ways to cause mayhem! Would you mind sharing the Lecta build? Also, would it work for Lacera?  Scratch that - I've tried it with the Lecta and it doesn't have the same initial area effect. Off to get a Lecta....

TIA

Edited by (XB1)Cotton Tail
Answered my own question

So this the Status build I've been using with my Saryn+Zenistar, I've only had it for 6 days so it might need some refinement, but it's completely changed my usage of Saryn from basically nil, to in my top 5 frames. I've gone for a full Grineer style.

Spoiler

20170124155358_1_by_carnage2k4-dawjg7z.j

20170124155405_1_by_carnage2k4-dawjg7l.j

20170124155415_1_by_carnage2k4-dawjg70.j

20170124155421_1_by_carnage2k4-dawjg6c.j

20170124155526_1_by_carnage2k4-dawjg5p.j