Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A simple way to fix the Hema problem for good.

KaizergidorahXi

Simply have Mutagen Samples have a chance (15, 25, 50% depending on level) to drop from ANY infested unit, regardless of planet. That way we can have fun fighting infested and leveling our frames, but at the same time work towards the Hema. Because even if DE boosts the drop quantity, it would likely still be confined to the Derelict, which has no other useful resources or interesting gameplay, to be honest. However, areas such as Saturn's Dark Sector come with Orokin Cells and such. 

Edited by KaizergidorahXi

7 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

Simply have Mutagen Samples have a chance (15, 25, 50% depending on level) to drop from ANY infested unit, regardless of planet. That way we can have fun fighting infested and leveling our frames, but at the same time work towards the Hema. Because even if DE boosts the drop quantity, it would likely still be confined to the Derelict, which has no other useful resources or interesting gameplay, to be honest. However, areas such as Saturn's Dark Sector come with Orokin Cells and such. 

Sure, no interesting resources. It doesn't even have Neurodes and Orokin Cells...

To add a few more, that is the place where you can scan Kavat genetic codes and to top it off, there are no useless rewards from rotations. Every rotation will either reward you with large amounts of Endo, relics from all types or a forma BP. No small credits bundles or useless common mods like all Survivals do.

The only gripe you can possibly have with that place is that there is no Matchmaking for it, but then again, neither was for the Void for the longest time.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

Whould like that, but they stated in one of the Devstreams they thinking already to increase the drops to 2-3 so it is more common like injector and fieldron samples.

But they'd still be confined to the Derelict. Which, to be very frank, is a very, VERY boring place. I'd rather do a Saturn Survival than a Derelict Survival any day.

2 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Sure, no interesting resources. It doesn't even have Neurodes and Orokin Cells...

To add a few more, that is the place where you can scan Kavat genetic codes and to top it off, there are no useless rewards from rotations. Every rotation will either reward you with large amounts of Endo, relics from all types or a forma BP. No small credits bundles or useless common mods like all Survivals do.

The only gripe you can possibly have with that place is that there is no Matchmaking for it, but then again, neither was for the Void for the longest time.

I don't know about you, but trying to scan Kavats when you're locked in ODD is pretty tough for me. Plus, like I said, I'd much rather have a large selection of infested missions to choose from AND level my frames during, rather than be forced to take Nekros or Hydroid and sit in one spot in one boring tileset.

24 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

Because even if DE boosts the drop quantity, it would likely still be confined to the Derelict

Eris has mutagen samples as well, which is the primary locale and reason for the proposed bump in drop rates.  Listen to the most recent second stream podcast, it was discussed at length.

They must have more than just a simple increase to drop rates in mind though, I cannot imagine changing a few numbers around taking nearly two weeks to accomplish.

11 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

increase mutagen drops and clans who already completed it will start a riot on forum for having to go trough the horrible grind

just sayan...

Pretty sure this was the solution DE came up with. Which either way you slice it has the same result, because math.

Say ~1000 samples per 1 hour Diralect (I don't actually know how much you'll get in an hour). Target is 50K = 50 hours/ # clan members that farm.

If you reduce the cost (probably the majority of suggestions), then your target is say 25K = 25 hours/ # clan members that farm.

Or say you increase the drop rate, such that you get ~2000 per 1 hour Diralect. Target is still 50K, but it'll only take you 25 hours/ # clan members that farm.

So either way, people who haven't gotten it yet are getting more for their time. The difference being, if they just change the target amount then at best it levels the playing field if Person A(who doesnt have it) and Person B(who already has it) spend the same amount of time farming. If they instead change the drop amount, then Person A will surpass the quantity of Person B if they spend the same amount of time farming.

I.e: Person B spent 50 hours farming and got ~50K mutagen samples at a rate of 1000/hour

If the price is reduced, Person A will still have to spend 50 hours to get 50K mutagen samples, but only 25 hours to get the gun.

If the rate is increased, if Person A spends 50 hours they get 100K mutagen samples, and still only have to spend 25 hours to get the gun.

So yeah, math.

1 hour ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

Saturn's Dark Sector come with Orokin Cells and such.

Derelicts have Orokin Cells too.

1 hour ago, Hemmo67 said:

increase mutagen drops and clans who already completed it will start a riot on forum for having to go trough the horrible grind

As someone who funded 50% of my clan's Hema research (we only have 2 frequent players) I wouldn't start a riot since I didn't need to grind since I had more than enough anyway.

1 hour ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

DE refusing to change it will cause a much bigger riot, and loss of players.

Did they ever change the Cryotic cost for Sibear?  I remember people raging about that when it first came out but nobody cares now.

6 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Derelicts have Orokin Cells too.

As someone who funded 50% of my clan's Hema research (we only have 2 frequent players) I wouldn't start a riot since I didn't need to grind since I had more than enough anyway.

Did they ever change the Cryotic cost for Sibear?  I remember people raging about that when it first came out but nobody cares now.

That's because Cryotic can be farmed on almost any planet.

5 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

That's because Cryotic can be farmed on almost any planet.

On the other hand it only comes from one specific mission type.  Yes, I can vary the scenery and enemies but if someone doesn't like the essence of the mission they aren't going to like farming Cryotic.  Mutagen Samples are available on two tile sets with a variety of mission options but only one enemy type (and the suggestion that all Infested in all locations should drop it wont help the one enemy type issue).

Edited by Katinka