The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would Nidus Prime look like?

BlueHandSoap

So I've been thinking about this for longer than I should've but DE has stated that all warframes will eventually get a prime and it's gonna be a while until Nidus gets one but I can't help but wonder what he'd look like. How would they turn an infested mass of biznasty into a beautiful golden frame?

Judging by his appearance and how it abhors orokin fashion, a bit drastically different. Most likely he would have a smooth metal or bone like material plating in order to make him more visually appealing and would have his infestation inward so the outward form is appealing to look at. His popping out senor feely things would be most likely tipped and straight length or kept inward ( how is up to your imagination). His outward apperance would prob resemble a suit of smooth armor with no weird bumps and such with his evolution sash being hidden behind silk. Fully evolved he would prob look like an enlarging beast, still pretty but u can see the ugly.

5 minutes ago, Newnight said:

Judging by his appearance and how it abhors orokin fashion, a bit drastically different. Most likely he would have a smooth metal or bone like material plating in order to make him more visually appealing and would have his infestation inward so the outward form is appealing to look at. His popping out senor feely things would be most likely tipped and straight length or kept inward ( how is up to your imagination). His outward apperance would prob resemble a suit of smooth armor with no weird bumps and such with his evolution sash being hidden behind silk. Fully evolved he would prob look like an enlarging beast, still pretty but u can see the ugly.

I like that. Before he has any stacks he just looks like a normal frame, but as the stacks build, the infestation slowly creeps out!

I would love to see something a little different to how Valkyr was Handled.

I don't know about if there is much Nidus Lore, but I assume he's a normal frame that has been under the infection of Helminth for a long time, I'd like to see a infection free frame and his abilities FX altered to be clean versions of the current ones.

I don't expect abilities to functionally change so if they just changed to a non-Infected version eg:

Virulence - Seismic Lance: Metallic Orokin Shards Rupture the ground, steals energy from each enemy it strikes gaining Orokin Stacks.

Larva - Tendril Pod: Sends out an Orokin Device that fires out Tendrils to pull in enemies.

Parasitic Link - Orokin link

Ravenous - Orokin Garden: Summons a metallic garden inhabited by Orokin 'Mini droids'...

Just my opinion, I kind of expect DE to take the path of least resistance and just make a Prime version that just acts exactly the same, and that will be a missed opportunity I think.

1 hour ago, Sinanju0608 said:

So I've been thinking about this for longer than I should've but DE has stated that all warframes will eventually get a prime and it's gonna be a while until Nidus gets one but I can't help but wonder what he'd look like. How would they turn an infested mass of biznasty into a beautiful golden frame?

His face would look like a gilded Warframe symbol :).

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I reckon they should make him less "Void" and More "Derelict": maybe give him some of those Technocyte trees to wrap around himself, stain the golden parts with that mucky blackish-green colour. make him look like he lives in the Derelict.

after all, at the time of the Orokin, the Technocyte was still in it's original form, so that would be the version of Technocyte used to make Nidus.

played nidus today after leaving the frame a time ... it seems its another ruined frame now

so, MR food ? i dont care about this infested stuff in my liset, if i could i would send the "infested modul" out of some airlock, i couldnt care less ^^)

and its simply infested, not my real interest in that game-design according to style, aestethics etc

maybe some new, or even a mass of people need that "zombi_esc" things in  their gaming-life in general, i dont

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Ravenous - Orokin Garden: Summons a metallic garden inhabited by Orokin 'Mini droids'..

You missed a 'golden' opportunity here, baby ravenous golden maws, obviously.  Or have you not finished TWW?  Oops.. spoiler...

10 hours ago, Sinanju0608 said:

How would they turn an infested mass of biznasty into a beautiful golden frame?

I think a more important question is if they can make an infested frame primed, when will we see Synapse Prime?  Pox Prime? Mire Prime!

Edited by Xekrin