The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For female players

Night4ce

16 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

I don't announce my gender in game because it's no one's business and I don't need attention from strangers nor do I do voice chat (but that's because I don't have a mic and I can't comprehend what people say in game voice chat).  My name is completely gender neutral.  I've never gotten harassed on account of my gender in WF even when they find out my gender.  Usually, they're like "Cool" or "Your so and so is so lucky!  How did you guys meet?" or "I can't find a girlfriend who plays games, lol."  They've been very polite and treat me the same as how they treat guys.

There are a lot more female players in this game than one might think, but it's not like they go around announce it because, like I said, who cares about their genital.   I judge a player by how they play, not by who they are.

She doesn't announce it or anything, some people just pick it up from her voice and get to work. Other make fun of her voice thinking she's a "squeaker" *a 12 year old boy with a high pitched voice* and tell her to go back to playing CoD.

We often pickup new players and help them out learning the ropes to the game. I'm currently in line to be a Teacher at the Warframe University channel that JakeyPrime also runs.

Edited by Night4ce

1. Had my share of unpleasant people, but usually it's game related (right now I get a lot of flak for daring to use Chroma in credit farming).

2. But rarely that happens and then: I pretend to be a teen (thanks to a quality of a game voice service), mock “it”(hey salt is salt) or just ignore “it” (best way to deal with it, really).

3. Do not talk in game... Ah, Discord? I am pretty sure you can mute people? I am curious, how the repeated offender have not been banned from a chat yet. And what other people are doing? I was a part of a guild in which any newcomer who did try to act sleazy was getting a private chat with officer or guild leader and on repeated offense got his pathetic imitation of a manhood handed to him by other players (disclaimer, real manhood is awesome by the way).

9 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

1. Had my share of unpleasant people, but usually it's game related (right now I get a lot of flak for daring to use Chroma in credit farming).

2. But rarely that happens and then: I pretend to be a teen (thanks to a quality of a game voice service), mock “it”(hey salt is salt) or just ignore “it” (best way to deal with it, really).

3. Do not talk in game... Ah, Discord? I am pretty sure you can mute people? I am curious, how the repeated offender have not been banned from a chat yet. And what other people are doing? I was a part of a guild in which any newcomer who did try to act sleazy was getting a private chat with officer or guild leader and on repeated offense got his pathetic imitation of a manhood handed to him by other players (disclaimer, real manhood is awesome by the way).

Discord issues are third party, that being said you can mute them or leave that server. Probably other options I am forgetting but I'm sure you can figure it out. 

As for the main discussion I have found it quite illuminating. 

In game tip press "z" to see who has active voice chatting in a squad then press "esc" and over their status individually mute them. 

I normally don't use in game voice chat but back when I did it was funny. 

Whenever someone was trolling another person I would try to distract them by saying something completely crazy. Channel Clem, Say "its hammer time", slashy slashy slashy, or other random completely distracting antics. (Disclaimer I no longer do this since I have a discord and normally play with the warframe sound effects down and either active chat or constant music) 

Edited by -Akeva-Banshee-

Thankfully, I haven't experienced some harassment in this community. Except just for one time when it got weird; a guy I was trading with asked if I was a girl and I said yes, and started chatting me up. It was friendly, but being a girl, it was weird because I know he wasn't gonna keep talking to me beyond the trade if I lied and said I was a dude.

The thing about using gender-neutral usernames online is true though. I actually used a male name for another game because I saw males with their avatars doing/saying...inappropriate things to people's female avatars.

Of the past few months I've had a few players tea-bagging at extract because I was playing Valkyr (relatively new players mind you). I threw a Loki out of extraction (unfortunately he didn't make it back) and may of made someone realize their submissive sexuality over this.... The player opened chat while tea-bagging at extraction, so I humiliated them. Ran into the same player a few weeks later and thanked me for this "realization".

Sssoo.... I guess being the more dominate person helps.

48 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

She doesn't announce it or anything, some people just pick it up from her voice and get to work. Other make fun of her voice thinking she's a "squeaker" *a 12 year old boy with a high pitched voice* and tell her to go back to playing CoD.

We often pickup new players and help them out learning the ropes to the game. I'm currently in line to be a Teacher at the Warframe University channel that JakeyPrime also runs.

This reminds me. My little sister recently got into CS:GO. From what I've heard she mutes the worst and has a **** measuring contest with the rest :D because someone swore she was trans or a boy.

So yeah I guess having thicker skin than the rest does help. If you are teaching, it definitely helps I know some teaches that would bounce off walls (mostly because they aren't allowed to hit the child anymore). Since we're in a game environment you could get anyone from a mature adult to some brat so you really got to be prepared if you are going to teach new players.

Edited by Postal_pat

Please don't take this thing in a videogame....

Online community are disrespectful against ANYONE and thus most game (included this) have tools to report disrespectful players.

Don't be SEXIST please.... and don't take gender as an excuse trying to make a case out of nothing.

2 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

Of the past few months I've had a few players tea-bagging at extract because I was playing Valkyr (relatively new player mind you). I threw a Loki out of extraction (unfortunately he didn't make it back) and may of made someone realize their submissive sexuality over this.... The player opened chat while tea-bagging at extraction, so I humiliated them. Ran into the same player a few weeks later and thanked me for this "realization".

Sssoo.... I guess being the more dominate person helps.

This reminds me. My little sister recently got into CS:GO. From what I've heard she mutes the worst and has a **** measuring contest with the rest :D because someone swore she was trans or a boy.

So yeah I guess having thicker skin than the rest does help. If you are teaching, it definitely helps I know some teaches that would bounce off walls (mostly because they aren't allowed to the child anymore). Since we're in a game environment you could get anyone from a mature adult to some brat so you really got to be prepared if you are going to teach new players.

I've run into a few "Ya my $&*^ is bigger than yours" teens before, generally I just laugh and ignore them or toss them a curve ball of "I would hope your $&*^ is bigger, if not man talk about a bad case of tiny $&*^ syndrome having a $&*^ smaller than a woman's clitorus."

People fear what they do not understand. In this case a derivative of this quote might be more appropriate. Girls are confusing boys are confusing. When put together in a relatively unsupervised environment... well you do the math. Understanding and a bit of rationality can go a long way.  

Edited by -Akeva-Banshee-

8 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

I've run into a few "Ya my $&*^ is bigger than yours" teens before, generally I just laugh and ignore them or toss them a curve ball of "I would hope your $&*^ is bigger, if not man talk about a bad case of tiny $&*^ syndrome having a $&*^ smaller than a woman's clitorus."

Too literal, on occasion an odd length is thrown around. However it's more like subtle aggression ranging from a diner table to outside.

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Well coming from both a furry and a woman.

1) Grow a thicker skin, specially if you advertise things in your name.

2) Grow a thicker skin!

3) Grow a thicker skin already.

They are idiots on the internet, and likely teens.

latest?cb=20140329103948

Be careful with lvl 999 toxic player eximus....

Turn off voice chat and have a quick block reflex. Or be willing to abort mission as soon as comments like that come up, no exceptions.

Start doing the paperwork-- report abuse w/ recordings or screenshots. It's easier not to bother, sure, but if you want to actually try to utilize the proper channels to deal with harassment and abusive behavior, you do the work.

You set your boundaries and you stick to them and god help the people who try to push their way past.

I've just gotten used to being assumed to be male because I grew up on the internet since the 90s and it never bothered me personally to be misgendered. 

"Get used to it, it's the internet and people are awful" is not an effective take on toxic behavior that is aimed specifically towards women. This is our space, too. Fight for it.

As far as gaming goes, unless I know them in person, they are gender-less.   Here they are Tenno.   In World of Tanks they are a tank.   In World of Warships they are a ship.   In MechWarrior they are a mech.   etc etc  Whatever the game, they are a digital representation of whatever it is we are playing together at the time.    Then classified as either cool, uncool, or don't care.  Regardless of what gender someone is pretending to be, they start talking about it, they are ignored.   Here to be a space ninja and blow S#&$ up. 

Nobody should have to put up with that harassment.   A screen shot for typing, a recording including video if on voice for serious offenses tends to cause instant quiet when they are informed its happening.    As long as they think they are anonymous it continues.   Shine a light on the roaches, they run for cover.  Often apologizing before they do. 

3 hours ago, Irn-bruman said:

Virtue signalling acknowledged. Thank you for white knighting. You are the most great male on this planet. 

This is an automatic answer, please do not respond to this email. 

omg a guy is expressing a gendered problem.

surely he just wants to look good, and this problem doesn't exist!

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

omg a guy is expressing a gendered problem.

surely he just wants to look good, and this problem doesn't exist!

It's not though, the same asshats will be asshats to guys or girls.

What ever happened to "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me."

This is your best option before doing anything else. Male gamers have been like this since the Dawn of gaming towards their female counterparts. 

5 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Well coming from both a furry and a woman.

1) Grow a thicker skin, specially if you advertise things in your name.

2) Grow a thicker skin!

3) Grow a thicker skin already.

They are idiots on the internet, and likely teens.

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

It's not though, the same asshats will be asshats to guys or girls.

What ever happened to "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me."

The amount and content of harassment is different for each.

Sure, there asshats that are asshats regardless of the gender of the chosen victim, but I've seen more people being asshats to women, and being so in a much different, creepier, sexual and personal way than they ever were with me.

And then we got some people that come here, try to use some fancy terms they learned with their "rational" Youtubers to shift the whole point of the conversation, and simply accuse the OP of second intentions, failing to see that, even if they exist, that does not make what they said more or less important.

And that "sword and stones (...)" saying is bullcrap. We are a social animal. Verbal harassment is harassment too.

The amount of conformism and acceptance of a sh!tty social environment in here is disheartening.

There are tons of people advising the OP and others how to "deal with it", failing to see they shouldn't have to do so in the first place. Even the people in here that deplore the actions in question seem to do so in a resigned way, as if it had to be accepted.

Gosh, I long for this community.