Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can people kill so easily?

Sh0elace.

Question

Vague title set aside, you've probably seen it in the last mission of a sortie. Fighting the level 100's that take a magazine and a half to put down. Maybe you're like the people I'm referring to and you somehow manage to shred these guys to pieces. 

I really dont know how you do it. I've put together multiple builds that I believe would do wonders against 100's but.... they do not. Take my Paris Prime build for example. UOD9hIB.png

It's the best for what I have to work with, and I have to work with a lot. It's obviously modded for Grineer, but going against a Grineer level 100 it will fall short of viable. '

Meanwhile running an Infested build with my Dread, the final mission was Phorid Assassination. I was doing okay damage, would've taken me a while but I would've gotten the kill. However, before I could even have any fun another player SHREDS Phorid in seconds. Literally one player. How do people manage to do this?

12 answers to this question

The condition of the final sortie mission today is "Enemy physical enhancement" i'm not 100% on this but i believe that means they are harder to kill/ more resistant to damage (and it would be reasonably hard to begin with), I would suggest trying to get a banshee/nova/rhino (or any other damage buff frames) to help buff up the damage output that you deal. Hope this helps.

Corrosive isn't great for quick kills against alloy armor Grineer. 

A blood rush/body count melee will do that very quickly once a combo starts to build up, due to the exponential effects of red crits.  There are other methods at well.  Banshee sonar, a built up Equinox Main.

mix gear... for example my primary is most of time corrosive cz u cant count to all in team have corrosive projection equiped and for secondary i would use veykor merlock... status crit build radiation viral... so u cover all melee wepons can also be pretty good...

Titania with proper build can shred that level 100 Raptor with physical enhancement in few seconds.

Certain frames can do some really high damage with certain builds/weapon combos. For example, Titania's 4th primary weapon is status and slash based weapon. It uses your primary weapon's mods. So you put on it damage mods, status mods and one slash mod to increase slash status chance, besides that one firerate mod. And boom, you can kill level 145 Corrupted Bombard in 2 seconds.

What kind of status you bring can also effect things and so I don't post a text wall here is a link to the wiki http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage

Against Infested you would mainly want Slash and the Paris does moustly Puncture.

As for statuses: Fire can never go wrong against Infested; Corrosive only helps with Heavy Infested units and although Gas amy seem to be good, keep in mind that it does Toxin damage which won't help against the Heavies. Blast is an honrable mention, but then again it's basically universal any way. The other statuses I wouldn't bother with against Infested.

As for why you weren't doing much with your Paris, ''Enemy Physical Enhancement'' straight up buffs the enemy making it deal more physical damage (Impact, Slash, Puncture) and also more resistant to that same type of damage. Basically whatever Slash damage you had on your Paris was nullified and with it went the bonus damage Slash does too, or in other words if you didn't have any of  that Corrosive you would be doing preaty much nothing besides running out of arrows.

There are basically three aspects to fighting Heavily armored enemies. Corrosive Trigger per Second, Finisher Damage and Damage Buff Multipliers.

If a weapon can't fit one of these situations then it's not going to fair well against armor. Paris Prime does not have Triggers per second or Finisher damage so that leave you with Damage Buff multipliers like Banshee. Damage buff multipliers are not a solution mind you, they merely help delay the inevitable need for the other two aspects.

If you don't want to run a frame with damage buffs at the time, which is totally understandable, then the weapon in question is not a good option.

Not sure anyone's really answered the OP.

The obvious answer is..... with mods. The right mods.

Immediately can see your Serration is lacking a potential 45% additional damage. That's pretty significant (as is the cost to upgrade it). Not saying that in itself would one shot level 100 dudes but I can pretty safely bet the dude that shredded Phorid had a max rank Serration (if he was using a rifle).

I think best thing you can do though is send someone a message asking them about their build and hope they respond. And from there try and work out what's doing all the damage. Saves us guessing. We don't even know what weapon he was using. But it must've had good mods.

If you mean using Paris on all the mentioned sortie missions then the problem might be the weapon, as almost everyone uses OP weapons in sorties for survival n kills. 

Those are high level enemies so weapons of non top tier won't make it easy there. 

Phorid is an easy boss even in sortie. Everyone uses Tigris Prime n kill it in 1-2 shots. 

Simple answer is mods, complex answer is modding specifically with an understanding of the mechanics behind the damage engine, or alternatively the super easy way, of copying a build by someone else who has spent time understanding and learning how to manipulate the damage engine. Either way it all comes down to mods, your weapon could deal 1000 damage a shot with a fire rate of 100/s with infinite ammo, but without mods it will probably still be outclassed by other weapons that are properly modded, eg. The LexP vs the SicarusP, while the SicarusP is well known as just about the worst secondary in the game, it fully modded will still outclass an unmodded LexP which is one of the best secondary's in the game, so yeah... mods make the largest difference in your damage potential.

Couple hints about maximizing your weapons:

1. Identify your weapons strengths and mod for them.
  2. Identify your weapons weaknesses and mod to counteract them(eg. low firerate)
  3. Max mods that give flat damage boosts first(Serration, Splitchamber etc.)
  4. Learn how your weapon act's and how it feels, each weapon will feel slightly different if you play with them enough, such as small audio cue's at full charge on the ParisP, or small model changes eg. the velocitas's grills opening as it charges.