The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Raining Samples... Since when?

Cirayu

2 minutes ago, deepwaterrosebud said:

I's be careful asking for increased drop rates or we might end up mutagen samples in the reward rotations or sorties

You are so right. Dont give them ideas :D

On a more serious note: Why cant we just have Mutagen Mass deconstructors. We get Mutagen Mass from invasion and then we can break them down into samples. 

6 minutes ago, k05h said:

You are so right. Dont give them ideas :D

On a more serious note: Why cant we just have Mutagen Mass deconstructors. We get Mutagen Mass from invasion and then we can break them down into samples. 

It will be a little solution for those who don't need mutagen mass. Good idea for me

24 minutes ago, -EW-Pain said:

I'm in part agree.

DE do this mistake.. ok..

But why fix it if the drop rate is good and the problem isn't insurmountable?!?!?....

The problem here is that DE (in the last year) has accustumed players to get things easily....

Look Baro that sell ex-event mods, weapons, beacons to farm stalker, zanuka, g3's weapons...

To have them I've must do some strong event, or make nauseum the invasions to do spawn zanuka, stalkers and g3..

I think that players must farm what they need like me and others just do.

I think that if DE wants that all players have some event-mods, simply must re-put event.

For example I'm agree with DE to put Whrait/Vandal weapons on Sortie/Invasions because force players to farm them (not like baro that simply sell them...)

They are easy to get for veterans because they've spend a lot of time probably invested real money as well to be in that position.

Thats not the case for newer players at all as they have huge grindwalls to face before being able to afford all those things unless you buy platinum.

Its obvious DE has set a high goal because they dont want people stockpiling and getting things right away or relatively soon. I dont think stockpiling is wrong. I spend more time and money on warframe than any other game. I think I deserve the luxury of getting stuff rather easy.

Its not wrong to set some high goals but they went way over the line with hema and worse the refusal to fix it. They wouldnt even need these goals if they presented content thats actually engaging and fun to spend time on. They need to realize grind isnt content. It just drives people away.

Edited by kubbi
Spelling

4 hours ago, kubbi said:

They are easy to get for veterans because they've spend a lot of time probably invested real money as well to be in that position.

The only people who have it easy are the people who farmed affinity back when affinity farming was done in ODD. Either you're one of those people and have thousands of Mutagen Samples or you're not and have a few hundred at best.

As for farming, I managed 230 Mutagen Samples in 1 hour of ODS solo with Nekros and both resource boosters running. That's not very encouraging.

I have 150k cost for my clan of 15 where only 1-2 others play even once a week.

I will not kick them because they are RL friends and we made the Clan together.

I will not invest to 30 hours of farming even if I did drop it to 5k cost

I will not Buy a booster to help justify it's obnoxious cost.

I will not buy the weapon with Plat.

To put in perspective I have enough plat to buy 210 Hema, literally. Yet I will do without for the greater good and I'd suggest in the future that more players do so or this will happen again.

2 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

The only people who have it easy are the people who farmed affinity back when affinity farming was done in ODD. Either you're one of those people and have thousands of Mutagen Samples or you're not and have a few hundred at best.

As for farming, I managed 230 Mutagen Samples in 1 hour of ODS solo with Nekros and both resource boosters running. That's not very encouraging.

I wasnt talking about mutagen samples but resources in general. I was saying how veterans have a lot of resources stockpiled and that DE is bothered by it.

But dont misunderstand I'm in no way saying 5k ms is easy for newer players, hell even a lot of veterans I know dont have that much. I was lucky to play in the derelicts in the old days more than usual yes.

For veteran players, doing the farm when maybe a third of the clan is active shouldn't be too bad. If there are less than that active, then I don't know what to say. You do get other rewards in the derelict too, I'd say it was much worse before in that respect.

And newer players shouldn't really bother with hema, except help as they can if they're part of a bigger clan. It should be thought of as a long term goal, out there in the horizon. Like many other things in this game, such as gaining all the assassins' weapons, liset skins, etc.

18 hours ago, kubbi said:

Its obvious DE has set a high goal because they dont want people stockpiling and getting things right away or relatively soon.

Good job DE. Now we've got stockpiles of hundreds of neurodes and orokin cells, and MILLIONS of nano spores

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:15 AM, kubbi said:

I'm honestly baffled as to why they are refusing to fix anything. In the past DE has shown humble actions like the the time apologizing for the high costs of certain lab weapons, fixing the costs and giving 50p to show they care. I guess time changes people.

Here's the flip side of that.  If you keep bending every time some forum members shout, it sets a precedent.  One that causes some forum members to think that all they have to do is shout loud enough and DE will bow down.  DE's reactions with the Hema seem to be trying to buck this trend. 

15 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Here's the flip side of that.  If you keep bending every time some forum members shout, it sets a precedent.  One that causes some forum members to think that all they have to do is shout loud enough and DE will bow down.  DE's reactions with the Hema seem to be trying to buck this trend. 

On the other hand, making a decision that alienates the vast majority of the player base and essentially spits on the existence of social clans is a mistake.

Owning up to and fixing a mistake is not bending to those who shout loudly enough, it's simply doing the right thing.

On 1/30/2017 at 4:17 AM, -EW-Pain said:

To farm mutagen samples do ODD with Nekros and Hydroid (with Pilfering Swarm).

In 30-40 waves you must do something like 120-180 samples.

With booster 240-360.

With clan team booster 960-1440.

So... Stop to protest and farm.

Well congrats on your favorable treatment from RNG. The last 40 waves I did on ODD gave me 50 samples with a nekros and hydroid, and I refuse to spend money to get something I disagree so vehemently with. In the last 3 weeks, I did 20 minutes of solo ODS with a nekros every day, and that netted me about 400 samples. For my (largely inactive) storm clan, even after everybody put in all they had, we are still 48,000 short. The cost is ridiculous for even a clan full of people that have been playing for between a year and 2 years, and farming for them would be tolerable if the rewards were better, especially since you HAVE to make keys to get to the nodes. DE dropped the ball on this, and if this is just an outlier I'd be fine with it. But they said this will be the norm from now on, which is simply unacceptable (depends on the resources required)

Edited by LabMan95

On 1/30/2017 at 7:35 AM, -EW-Pain said:

I think that players must farm what they need like me and others just do.

If players already farmed for 3 years, asking for their entire stockpile of samples (or even more than that in many cases) for one single item is ridiculous and it devalues the time they spent playing. It's the complete opposite of "honoring" their effort.

22 hours ago, RistN said:

And the worst thing is that Hema isn't top tier weapon...

You have summoned me.

The hema is the least fun I've had with a WF weapon in a while. A lot of people usually let weapons gain XP passively, but I usually go through in solo and actually use the weapon to max it because I enjoy that. I just couldn't bring myself to do it this time.

It doesn't know what it wants to be. It rewards accuracy but has a spread, recoil, and travel time. It wants to have a gimmick that rewards skilled gameplay and punishes carelessness but its reload health drain is too little to ever even possibly matter and with the weapon's spread hitting the head is more a matter of your bullet going to the right place than it is you aiming on spot. Its damage is low, my MK-1 Braton felt more effective when I was formaing it. The status chance is okay, but honestly the Paracyst felt better for that due to the fire rate differences and the fact that my Paracyst is pretty much as accurate as the Hema even with a one-rank-from-max heavy caliber on it.

The reload noise is also vastly unpleasant with headphones in. I quickly discovered that I had to use speakers or else the pounding heartbeat for two seconds every time I reloaded would start messing around with my own pulse.

I would be hard pressed to say the Hema was worth the cost if it had the Scoliac's research costs. It's absolutely in no way worth the huge price tag they've put on it.

Edited by DrFail
We're all typos down here.

57 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

On the other hand, making a decision that alienates the vast majority of the player base and essentially spits on the existence of social clans is a mistake.

Owning up to and fixing a mistake is not bending to those who shout loudly enough, it's simply doing the right thing.

I understand what you're saying.  I just don't think it's an issue.  Well, at least not one that is huge like some are implying. 

For me it's just, I see the weapon and get it if I want it.  Should DE ever do something that I don't like, then I'll just stop playing.  To me, it's quite simple and not a life changing issue.  Outside of DE employees, this game is not a life or work issue.  Anyone saying or thinking different is just lying to themselves and overreacting.  Not a reflection on you fellow Tenno Inarticulate.  Just giving my viewpoint on gaming and gaming forums in general.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne
clarification

On 1/30/2017 at 1:25 AM, chaotea said:

"4) PROFANITY – Keep it clean people! Any amount of swearing and/or vulgarity, even if censored, will not be tolerated."

https://forums.warframe.com/guidelines/

Best check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

oh believe me i know...but DE's PR is getting worse and worse with bad decisions.....

First Primed Regen (they WERE mucking with the code...why not just do what players are asking for hmm) and now to NOT increase mutagen sample drops just because it would tick off those players that got it the "hard" way.....

they finally upped Oxium drops after years of complaints...so why not do the same for Mutagen? or even better make it an infested only drop...lord knows they only have 2 areas for it to drop anyways....I'm not a fan of doing Eris OR the derelict...I enjoy the build up..not starting from high and getting insane :P

I repeat what I've ever told..

I think that new players must talk less and farm more like I've do when I've started to play.

And I think that old player (like me and others) must simply help them to cooperate and play together.

So... Told this...

I think that all of us have billion of unnecessary resources and very low important resources.

A little solution for this problem would be to create a kind of merchant (that spawns like Baro for example on Maroo's Bazaar) from which you can exchange a type of resource for another type, paying the trasformation with credits.

Example:

you need polymer bundles and have a lot of nanospores.

change yours 10.000 nanospores for 1.000 polymer bundles, paying 100.000 credits for the mutation.

(Returning at Hema research) In this mode you go on ODD to farm mutagen samples and the nanopsores that you drop, will be exchanged for others mutagen samples.

Edited by -EW-Pain

1 hour ago, DrFail said:

You have summoned me.

The hema is the least fun I've had with a WF weapon in a while. A lot of people usually let weapons gain XP passively, but I usually go through in solo and actually use the weapon to max it because I enjoy that. I just couldn't bring myself to do it this time.

It doesn't know what it wants to be. It rewards accuracy but has a spread, recoil, and travel time. It wants to have a gimmick that rewards skilled gameplay and punishes carelessness but its reload health drain is too little to ever even possibly matter and with the weapon's spread hitting the head is more a matter of your bullet going to the right place than it is you aiming on spot. Its damage is low, my MK-1 Braton felt more effective when I was formaing it. The status chance is okay, but honestly the Paracyst felt better for that due to the fire rate differences and the fact that my Paracyst is pretty much as accurate as the Hema even with a one-rank-from-max heavy caliber on it.

The reload noise is also vastly unpleasant with headphones in. I quickly discovered that I had to use speakers or else the pounding heartbeat for two seconds every time I reloaded would start messing around with my own pulse.

I would be hard pressed to say the Hema was worth the cost if it had the Scoliac's research costs. It's absolutely in no way worth the huge price tag they've put on it.

You said pretty much all.

Why I mentioned Hema being not so great?Because in one point someone from DE stated that Hema is so unique,so good weapon,trying to justify this crazy amount of mutagen sample needed to research it.

And what did we get for 200+ platinum?Disappointment.Cause guess what.My clan isn't nowhere near researching Hema...

1 hour ago, LabMan95 said:

Well congrats on your favorable treatment from RNG. The last 40 waves I did on ODD gave me 50 samples with a nekros and hydroid, and I refuse to spend money to get something I disagree so vehemently with. In the last 3 weeks, I did 20 minutes of solo ODS with a nekros every day, and that netted me about 400 samples. For my (largely inactive) storm clan, even after everybody put in all they had, we are still 48,000 short. The cost is ridiculous for even a clan full of people that have been playing for between a year and 2 years, and farming for them would be tolerable if the rewards were better, especially since you HAVE to make keys to get to the nodes. DE dropped the ball on this, and if this is just an outlier I'd be fine with it. But they said this will be the norm from now on, which is simply unacceptable (depends on the resources required)

1 hour ago, The_Doc said:

If players already farmed for 3 years, asking for their entire stockpile of samples (or even more than that in many cases) for one single item is ridiculous and it devalues the time they spent playing. It's the complete opposite of "honoring" their effort.

I play from 2years and 6months, I've put all my mutagen samples and I've farmed them a bit everyday with my half-active clan..

All of us initially told "We never stop dropping all of these mutagen" but in 2 weeks we've finished......

2 M.R.23 and 7-8 players M.R.10-17.

DE knows that old players have do stock of some resources and for this reason that they put elevate requests....

In this way old players must return to farm, play more on game and search more other players to play...

Just now, -EW-Pain said:

I play from 2years and 6months, I've put all my mutagen samples and I've farmed them a bit everyday with my half-active clan..

Yeah and I've played since dec 2012 and I consider this cost ridiculous so I haven't even played for 2 weeks, I just log in and quit. Farming would mean I accept the cost, and if we bow down and accept this they'll just keep doing it.

Just now, -EW-Pain said:

DE knows that old players have do stock of some resources and for this reason that they put elevate requests....

Balancing resource costs around the largest stockpiles players have only pushes those with less stuff away, not to mention it ruins resource balance for all other items: how many neurodes and cells do players have after power-farming the derelict? Those other resources got devalued just because of the Hema... 1 single item. It's also a pretty unfair tactic considering people may want to prepare for the future, spend time and money (boosters) to farm X resource, only to have a new item cost a lot more X because all that gameplay made it less valuable in DE's eyes.
There are better ways to make players spend excess resources.

Just now, -EW-Pain said:

In this way old players must return to farm, play more on game and search more other players to play...

Or they get annoyed. This could be the last drop for many. I know it's close for me.

2 minutes ago, -EW-Pain said:

Well I play over 1,5 years and I had only 2500 ms.

There were other researches that were resource sinks but this one is just plain stupid and have no justification to it.Neither to old players or new.