The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, you need to rethink and rework your credit economy

DocHolliday13

1 minute ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

wkIidaf.jpg

Yes, I am aware of that. But...

1. it's not available 

2. It's a purely vanity/fluff item, that may not appeal to nearly everyone with a massive stockpile of credits

Like I said, I don't know exactly what the solution is, but it needs to be more available and more appealing. Perhaps some kind of end-game mission type with a wide variety of vanity item rewards, that takes a key which is a credit/resource sink.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Not too bad.  Still, I'm surprised that DE doesn't offer bonus weekends more often.  Be it credits, affinity, or resources.  DE should consider a daily rotation of boosts.

I've recently been enjoying Trove.  That game has a great daily boost rotation.

DailyBonus2.png

Trove ftw

Anyone else old enough to remember farming Vor for Cronus BPs to sell because all the map nodes awarded only 1k credits regardless of difficulty?

Those were the days...

When they make changes to the credit economy I hope they don't screw it up.

53 minutes ago, DocHolliday13 said:

Yes, if I'm going to stay interested in the game. If I took the perspective you suggest, I would just quit and uninstall now. I either need to have a progression goal that is fun and attainable without inducing stress, or be done with progression and be able to just play what and how I want. I'm not saying this necessarily applies to anyone besides myself. I assume there are people out there that have a similar perspective, but all I am claiming is my own. 

So you want a long-term goal, but you want to attain it quickly? I am confused...

33 missions does not sounds like that long of a time to max out the most end-game of mods that exist...

30 minutes ago, DocHolliday13 said:

Edit: Also, the fact that the entire time, I'm being irrationally bugged by the fact that my mods are not complete. Now that I think about it, I think the thing that really bugs me is that from my perspective, they have it all backwards. Ranking up mods should be relatively quick and easy. As in, a typical player should have nearly all mods (including 10-rank ones) maxed out by around say MR 10-12, without doing any special farming or grinding. It's the weapons that should involve more time (though not as much as the one I will not mention). So while I'm struggling to get the credits to do... well, much of anything, really... I'm sitting here on massive stockpiles of common resources, to the point that I rarely, if ever, have to farm for anything other than credits, and sometimes endo.

That is quite a box of worms you want to open there, Mods are the best form of Progression in Warframe right now because you can attain some of the best weapons in the game by MR4. Think of ranking mods more as adding skill points in other MMOs, it is a slow but continual grind. If you want a damage 3.0, that is for another topic at another time.

Also think on the flip-side, do you want people to have to grind all of the way up t MR20 before the get the best guns? So everything you attain before then is worthless and trash? Weapon progression WILL NOT work in Warframe, we need to be allowed to use a wide variety of weapons to avoid burn-out, making only a select few viable for late game is design suicide.

And I know you were not pitching a rework necessarily there, I am just trying to point out that what may seem like a simple and good change at first may be a bad change in the long run.

Edited by DrBorris

3 hours ago, Unholyrequiem said:

Trove is a good example of being user friendly and probably one of the more casual F2P games. 

That being said I feel part of the problem is the amount of credits actual enemies offer and how many credits we get from alerts, and mission rewards which don't actually scale with the length of mission. 

Bahahahahaha!

Trove is even more RNG/grind-reliant than Watframe. Seriously, you either have to farm for ages or get good rng or else your progression goes up to not even mid-point and halts entirely.

Edited by HyokaChan

1 hour ago, DrBorris said:

So you want a long-term goal, but you want to attain it quickly? I am confused...

No, not especially. Although technically, I guess it depends on how you define a long-term goal. I like completing necessary things quickly, and then having open-ended, non-progression goals for long-term interest. I hate feeling like there's things that I need to do that will take hundreds of hours to complete. That feels way too much like a job to me, not a game.

33 missions does not sounds like that long of a time to max out the most end-game of mods that exist...

That's 33 missions, per primed mod, grinding the same boring crap, plus whatever credits you need for everything else. Please just kill me now. I'm not joking.

That is quite a box of worms you want to open there, Mods are the best form of Progression in Warframe right now because you can attain some of the best weapons in the game by MR4. Think of ranking mods more as adding skill points in other MMOs, it is a slow but continual grind. If you want a damage 3.0, that is for another topic at another time.

Like I said, I'm just sharing my perspective. Nothing more than that.

Also think on the flip-side, do you want people to have to grind all of the way up t MR20 before the get the best guns? So everything you attain before then is worthless and trash? Weapon progression WILL NOT work in Warframe, we need to be allowed to use a wide variety of weapons to avoid burn-out, making only a select few viable for late game is design suicide.

No, I don't think they should change MR requirements. Just that if they did make credit acquisition something that can happen naturally instead of something that must be grinded, I think it would also be tolerable to moderately increase resource cost on some weapons so there is some farming involved, (though nothing on the scale of you-know-what), especially for recent and future weapons. However I also wouldn't have a problem with them adding weapons with higher MR requirements, provided they weren't top-tier, must-have weapons.

And I know you were not pitching a rework necessarily there, I am just trying to point out that what may seem like a simple and good change at first may be a bad change in the long run.

Yeah, I wasn't saying they should make a change that drastic, only that it's one of the things that bugs me.

My only real point in all of this is that the credit grind is too much, and feels overwhelming. Which, according to other posters here, DE apparently already realizes and is working on. And like I said, I'm not abandoning ship. I will be checking back and keeping tabs on the status of the game.

Sorties give 100,000
Raids give about 250,000 - 400,000 ( if you find a credit booster in mission ) 

For sake of argument say that gives you 500,000 per day. 

20 million would take 40 days, which is less time than it would take to reach MR 19.

As for credit sink - they should allow you to convert credits to focus points by paying Tehshin to "Train you" Maybe a rough conversion of 500 credits per focus point. 

Edited by xxswatelitexx