Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you split up during sortie spy missions?

2Peter3Nine

Question

Well don't.

If everyone goes to the same data vault, then someone will be able save the mission if you die in the vault.

Every time i've joined a random spy mission, they always split up.

That can save time yes, but if any one guy fails, we all fail.

I'm also tired of seeing non-stealth frames in spy missions.

Yeah, sure, this one is a infested spy mission, but believe it or not,

not getting noticed is better than getting noticed, even if the infested can't purposely set off alarms.

Edited by General_Durandal

Solo is my answer to spy missions. Sortie or otherwise. I never go public in a spy mission if I can avoid it.

Except on Lua. Screw those vaults. 

(To be clear, I love the idea of them, but they just take so long to do)

Step 1: Get Ivara

Step 2: Get Infiltrate (The augment)

Step 3: Start the spy and tell everyone to stay the hell away from vaults

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit

(Works well on all spy missions, including Lua and those annoying corpus laser rooms for only 25k standing!!!)

If I am playing with my Friends then yes we do tend to split up.

If anyone runs into an issue making their way thru, they hold up and wait for another of us to come help. 

That said most of the time my friends aren't on.

And then, I only do Spy Missions Solo.

Way too many people join that either totally suck at doing them or troll the mission for some stupid reason. 

But like I said, at this point if it's not with Friends it Solo all the way. 

25 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Oh, come on, everybody knows Frost and Rhino are the best spies. But jokes aside, people are doing it simply because they do not have any stealth frame (Ivara and Ash are not easy to get and Loki is way too far for the newbies), so they take instead the tankiest they've got just to survive the mission itself. 

32 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Well, every time I did spy sorties, I noticed it's way better in solo. Ivara+Infiltrate mod or Limbo+Raksa kubraw, know the map patterns, practice a little your hacking skills (put the Intruder mod for corpus/lua map) and you should be ok. Not having lags while hacking also helps. 

44 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Well don't.

If everyone goes to the same data vault, then someone will be able save the mission if you die in the vault.

To each their own. My buddies and I are both competent and skilled, and we're perfectly comfortable splitting up. In fact, we prefer that to having multiple people bum-rush the same vault, because the presence of multiple people tends to increase the risk.

44 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

not getting noticed is better than getting noticed, even if the infested can't purposely set off alarms.

Get used to it. The morons don't know better, the vets don't need stealth gear, and the pros are already finished.

(Insert "one-hand-tied-behind-my back" style boast here)

Now, normally I solo Spy missions, just so that the only screw-ups I get punished for are my own as opposed to someone else's.

BUT, when I am working with a squad, normally I'll advocate splitting up, with one guy either in reserve for when someone else doesn't know a vault if they're competent on the tileset, or safely out of the way if they're not.

Off topic, but f*** Sharkwing Spy. F*** it hard.

34 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Step 1: Get Ivara

Step 2: Get Infiltrate (The augment)

Step 3: Start the spy and tell everyone to stay the hell away from vaults

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit

(Works well on all spy missions, including Lua and those annoying corpus laser rooms for only 25k standing!!!)

this ^^

I solo or duo friends only.  We do split up because very rarely do we fail.  If we fail (shakes fist at Uranus spy), we laugh a bit and try again.  

54 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Ages ago when sorties were shiny and new, we had a random pubbie Mag joining us in a sortie level Corpus spy mission.  That person managed to get through the one with the fast moving laser barriers without triggering the alarm.  Needless to say, I was impressed by that person.  Sadly, that's the exception rather than the rule and we still do spy missions friends only.  

Just last week, we forgot to set spy mission to friends only and had a low MR Loki and a high level MR Loki Prime joined our session.  My partner in crime, the random Loki, and I were fine, but that Loki Prime barged into my vault while I was hacking the data terminal and the idiot triggered the alarm when he decided he can take on heavily armored sentry.  Luckily, I was finishing up and got the data no problem.  

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

Well don't.

Always bring liset air support charges. I've saved many spy sortie missions because of how useful it is for mistakes.

1 hour ago, NecromancerX69 said:

Titania can't do quick lua runs with all them lasers on the longest vault of lua (Center console with lots of doors and lasers of the past).

Limbo can make it short and end the mission quick.

o yes she can. theres a path with 2 rooms that have lasers. one has 3 immobile, the other has 4 on a broken spinner. and u can bypass the 2nd one if u can do the simon says game. if u want to know my path, msg me in game some time. ign is the same as here. i normally get on around 1 pm EST

Edited by Moysa