Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you feel the game is still "mature"

DeadScream

Title. 

Years ago I would've agreed, there was more gore and blood, the ambiance was dark... 

But now, aren't there more and more toon and goofy features, including bosses and powers ? 

Spoiler

+ we play as children who control the warframes, and who are far from being adult...

And now we get a disco frame, and she dances... I mean, why ? 

edit : Let me rephrase the question. To people who played the game since the start, don't you feel like the game is getting less "mature" with time ? (but I pretty much got answers already, thanks for reassuring me)

edit 2 : renamed the topic. In fact, I know that all the bloody things make the game rated "mature". What I'm talking about is more about how mature you feel it when you are playing

edit 3 : as many persons suggested, yes, I'm more talking about "seriousness" than "maturity" 

Edited by DeadScream
renamed the thread (see edit 2)

But using slash weapons has a lot of chunky parts flying around. And more than once I have a bloody Grineer leg landing in front of me. It makes me giggle but I know some countries enforce strict youth protection policies (I look at you Germany and at you Australia) when it comes to gore in video games. 

Well, there IS a game about fetus, creepy and full of violence so your point about operators is kinda doesn't make sense.

While amount of gore has gone down, we still commit mass genocide =D. I'm too lazy to check numbers, but in my profile there should be a couple of millions of frags.

Toon and goofy features are inseparable from F2P games just because ppl want them.

Well, let me start here.

Finisher animations.

for example, glaive from the back. Gives a lovely flesh tearing audio.

Hammer from behind. Kick breaks the bone and then smash the thing on the head.

(more finishers)

Or when i was tedting out the atterax in simulacrum.did a big swing at the poor corrupted butcher. Darth maul approves :p

13 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

Hide contents

+ we play as children who control the warframes, and who are far from being adult...

Yes, children that were used as genocidal weapons of war. (and still somewhat are)

The overarching themes and context in lore as well as the graphic dismemberment when using certain weapons or abilities are why the game is rated as mature.

Infestation, bombs, decapitation and murder can definitely cause any game to get an M rating. Also there are some very confusing moments, like the whole Jordas quest that I'd not let any child under 12 to listen to.

Also Ratings are more like suggestions for parents/guardians, if the parent is OK with it then it's not illegal in most developed countries, and the game gets banned completely or changed to have the gore option permanently locked if the country really wants it to ('member The Darkness 2?).

Ratings aren't a zero-sum game. The presence of a few lighthearted elements doesn't mean the gore and dismemberment go away, nor does the presence of kids mean suddenly it's not an adult story. In fact, if you think deeply about the presence of children in the context of the story and the in-game universe, I think you'll find it's anything but childish.

Chunky parts flying around when using slash weapons,cutting in half your enemies with swords and weapons sometimes( and you can see the  inner part of their bodies), sometimes it randomly comes to see legs/arms and even heads covered in blood rolling around,dissolving enemies with corrosive proc,weird death noises(like choking with the blood),the ambiance is still dark(even better than the old one.... for me),blood spatters on the floor/walls when hitting enemies.

abaout the warframe
ember:burn enemies until death
saryn:infect and dissolve them 
atlas:petrify and smash them
excalibur:slash everyone in half
ash: with bladestor you stab enemies on their back/front and chocke them
nezha:impaling enemies up on their ass until death
vauban:generates black hole that attire and compresses the enemies and  turn them into crumbs until death
zephir: is not a problem,if you like to ride a tornado,but i doubt  it would be a good experience.
nova:everybody turns into bombs
Nekros:killing your enemies isn't enought,you have to resurrect and turn them into your slaves until you decide when they have to die

etc etc

all of these warframe kill people in horrible ways(is not fun and games for these poor enemies),just because there is a funny frame  that kill in a funny way,it doesn't mean No mature content.

isn't all of this enought mature?

Edited by TheKurtiStryke

"now we get 

36 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

But now, aren't there more and more toon and goofy features, including bosses and powers ? 

are you serious? powers and bosses have been in the game since closed beta. probably even before. as for why its marked mature, no clue. defiantly not because we can literally blow enemies into bloody chunks or snap their necks or that every mission involves us going on a genocidal rampage or anything

21 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Better question - with posts and arguments like that, why are you allowed to post on "mature"-rated site?

dude it was just a question, why do you have to be so mean ? 

I've read the comments and I understand better. It's maybe after 4 years playing I don't feel like playing the same game than before, and I get obsessed by features I don't particularly like and tend to forget the main theme of the game is really mature.

Just now, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

are you serious? powers and bosses have been in the game since closed beta. probably even before. as for why its marked mature, no clue. defiantly not because we can literally blow enemies into bloody chunks or snap their necks or that every mission involves us going on a genocidal rampage or anything

I'm talking about bosses who turned into space show presenters with puns etc :) 

38 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

Title. 

The game is rated mature because: Volt/Rhino, abit because Vauban Prime, abit more because Wukong (yaay nakey butts :D ) but mostly because Nidus. (I sometimes wonder if the next male frame will have "physics enabled" down there <__<

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Theres this thing called "crazy" between all serious and dark characters.

Just look at the Joker.

Mhm. I understand that, but while Vay Hek manages to be crazy, funny and scary in some way, I don't feel the same with Salad V for example. But it may only be design choices that tend to make me kinda unhappy lol

Just now, DeadScream said:

Mhm. I understand that, but while Vay Hek manages to be crazy, funny and scary in some way, I don't feel the same with Salad V for example. But it may only be design choices that tend to make me kinda unhappy lol

Salad Var was made more to take the "corrupted coorperate way over his head bullying a dragon".

Happens in comics, they usually get everything crashing down on them.

But the Corpus are made to be just that: corrupted coorperates.

I dont think they will ever give us this "I MUST kill this bastard, for the glory of the Blood God!"