The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still waiting for mutagen sample drop "buff"

SolarDwagon

Yeah, i can agree with you. Even though i'm not the only person in my clan, but other two guys are new to the games, and they can not really donate to the research.
I have been farming samples just recently and got 5 mutagen samples for 20 minutes playing as a Nekros.
Soo, yeah, i don't think that Hema is farmable in solo by any means. I will even take a huge effort from the full-online clan

7 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

I doubt people will forget this one :)

They will when the next bigger buthurt comes along.

To be honest i think they should re-assess the clan research and give any clan that managed it a free emblem or statue or something for their effort.

9 minutes ago, Quanlain said:

Well, it's like stradavar. People are complaining, but then after some time they will forget.

I dunno man, this one is pretty bad, it will depend on if they do this again with other weapons or not tbh. If this becomes a trend, then it sounds like an excuse to really try and push people to buy the ovepriced weapons from market.

Right now it seems more like they tried something new and really messed up; but are too embarrassed to admit it so they are going to be stubborn instead and just roll with it. At least I hope that is all it is.

Edited by Echorion

Just now, chaotea said:

To be honest i think they should re-assess the clan research and give any clan that managed it a free emblem or statue or something for their effort.

Problem is mostly with the bigger clans.

19 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Go to derelict and stop complaining. Drops like candy on defense and survival. They're not changing it, as it seems.

Mutagen samples do not drop like candy (unless you grew up in a country like me where candy was only for very rare occasion) nor do they rain in the derelict. Repeating something wrong over and over again does not make it right. 

There a tons of threads about that topic. You get 1 sample per minute ODS or 60-80 for 20 waves ODD in a meta squad (without drop chance and drop rate booster). If you need to farm thousands of those samples you have to invest days. 

Edited by k05h

3 minutes ago, chaotea said:

You mean the weapon that needs the hema fully researched and 5000 neural sensors (or your clan multiplier) on top. I could see that happen.

Edited by k05h

After week of farming in Orokin Derelic Defense (with Pilf Hydroid, a crew with Nekros a ressource drop & chance booster), I was able to do a 5 000 sample mutagen delivery to my clan (with an average drop rate of 400 samples for 40 waves and an exceptionnal run with 600 samples for 40 waves). I was quite proud as it's not a small amount (my first delivery of farming before Hema, was just a 500 samples mutagen one). Then, I've seen what's representing my delivery on the 150 000 samples mutagen needed for my dojo, Aka NOTHING...

As DE seems not wanting to change anything, I think i'm going to farm again sometimes (the other drops of ODD are quite cool, like Orokin cells, neurodes, Mutalist Alad V Coordinate and specially Forma), but not with such intensity. Yeah, it would be relativtely fast if the 200 members of my clan would bring just 500 samples. But only few players can or want farm this much.

Conclusion :

1. High rank players (or those who have plats) are gonna buy it on the market : farming 300 pl is a way more faster than farming 150 k mutagens (with boosters that costs plats too) ;
  2. Non farming players will not deeply change their gameplay even if my Clan organise challenges with prices to increase the farming, it's like that, some / many players are casuals and thats cool ;
  3. The research pool of my Clan will stay a while as not complete.

I'm not complaining guys. I've bought the Hema in the market and I'm farming for my clan. But what is the goal of all this ? Playing ODD days and days ? Get bored of my Hydroid ? The forthcoming rework of Dojo (with the random quest and all that) seems to me a way more interesting change than just forcing people to farm excessively.

So yes, @[DE]Steve, I'm quite agree with you : it's raining mutagens samples in ODD, but this Hydroid rain - after just 1 intense week - is get sooooooooooo boring.

7B9AEC34B390EB2B625431E0F4D62BD74F0B1169

Last edit : I totally can understand that DE have some plan for their games, aiming to develop coordination, collective clan work and other things (that I just don't imagine). So I generally have no problem with DE's move. But this one is costing too much in my opinion, as it's taking off pleasure of mixing different missions, different farms, different teams, and focusing on the same mission, over and over, excluding non farming people from clan, or runs (when I was intensively farming, I was so disapointed when a young player bring a non usefull farming frame, like a Saryn or a Synoid Simulor). I don't think this Hema-Mutagen-Gate ;) is a so wise move...

• Increasing (just a bit) the drop on ODD would be great ;
  • Increasing (in a significant way) the drop on Eris would integrate more new players to this farm plan ;
  • Adding some drop on lower level plant would integrate more over new players ;
  • And it would change nothing to the general goal of all this move, aka making clan members working a bit more together.

It will be obvious for many players, but will help maybe a few, here's the composition i've used to get the 400 samples by 40 waves (again with booster) on ODD : Hydroid (sometimes 2), Nekros (sometimes 2, of course with the augment mod), Speednova (sometimes none), Trinity (to spam Hydroid Pilf). And if Hydroid is not making the most of the damage (aka pilfering everything), it's a bad run ;) Avoid Saryn (it makes Nekros desecrate less) and generally, avoid damage except done by Hydroid, and that's it... have "fun" ;)

Edited by Kramer17

4 minutes ago, KYLoooo said:

If it takes you 60 Hours for 500 Mutagen Samples then you are doing something wrong.

500 samples goes only for fully capped clan with 100% active players and each of the players giving 500 samples.

This is as common as a despair drop from Stalker. 

Edited by k05h

Didnt they give us the finger on a devstream and told us we should just run 1 or 2 mission with nekros and hydroid in derelict?

I think i remember them telling us its droprate is fine and we should just head there. That's when i remembered how they told us they'd decrease the grind while nerfing mag, nekros and hydroids farmabilities.

The problem i have with muta samples is that they are only dropping from derelict, i can't just join derelict with randoms and farm it myself, I need a group and a key and that sucks, so please DE give us the dropfixes for eris, shouldnt be too hard to do that, right?

Edited by Radagosh

6 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

do your stuff right and it takes an hour to get 500 samples (no booster required)

This, I would love to know. How do you get 500 samples in an hour? The most I got was 80 in one hour of ODS with a nekros, hydroid, and resource drop chance booster. Unless I'm doing something wrong

How about this:

All clantech drops; mutagen, fieldron, and detonite samples are removed from planetary drop tables. They are equalized in drop chance then given as a slightly-more-uncommon drop than a normal resource, but will only drop from the respective faction. This way you can actually farm whatever ones you want by going against a specific faction instead of specific planet, and planet drop tables are relieved of these otherwise useless drops that nobody even cares to think about otherwise. Really, when was the last time you ran out of detonite ampules?

3 minutes ago, Megakruemel said:

Then why don't you enlighten us? Because even with a good setup and team i only get around 40 mutagen samples in a 20 Wave derelict mission even with boosters.

This will make your life a bit easier but it is nonetheless a lot farming for normal clan :thumbdown:

24 minutes ago, KYLoooo said:

If it takes you 60 Hours for 500 Mutagen Samples then you are doing something wrong.

Thats what a few people calculated a while ago.

13 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

do your stuff right and it takes an hour to get 500 samples (no booster required)

Please tell me how..

45 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Go to derelict and stop complaining. Drops like candy on defense and survival. They're not changing it, as it seems.

If, by candy, you mean drops 19-21 on average for a solo 40 minute run without boosters or looters; I guess one could say mutagen samples drop like crazy. Compared to other faction resources however, that is quite a bit lower than the average. One might be concerned why a person would suggest that a resource that only drops in one or two zones with any kind of regularity and even then at a rate less than normal would be itself normal and that a cost that is widely seen as excessive by those that already covered it would be normal; but everyone is welcome to their opinion I always say!

Edited by Urlan

17 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

This, I would love to know. How do you get 500 samples in an hour? The most I got was 80 in one hour of ODS with a nekros, hydroid, and resource drop chance booster. Unless I'm doing something wrong

odd speed nova, 4 napalm ogrises with viral dmg, 2 hydroid full power and nekros