The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

petition for classic weapon apperance pack for all weapons that have been changed.

Mak_Gohae

Fashion frame is the late game in this video game, right? So let us old players have the option to keep the look of the weapons as we knew them.

I dont really understand this idea that DE has that weapons must change. I guess this is a DE thing just like every lore update includes retcons. And the same goes for game mechanics.

Anyway, can we get a skin pack that let's us have the original look of all the weapons changed? And im not talking about the recent change im talking about all. I loved the original look of the Ignis. Cause it looked very Grineer in design. They basically grabbed a weapon and cobbled some stuff together and bam! Flame thrower. The original Ogris actually looked like a rocket launcher instead of just some high tech rifle.

And before you mention that the "legacy look" will be kept for the older alt skins, you all very well know that this will be updated at some point.

Please, DE, this will only just end up in profit. There is no actual reason not to do this.

I have no problem with the new looks but honestly I liked the corpus look on braton and the lato not changed so much. The bo with it's simplicy was an elegant weapon and at least it could be nice to see back as an alternative look. Also nice they touched the look but the damage needs a little touch too in every older weapon. This could be a good opportunity to make some weapon viable or more interesting. Small steps but could be worth in later.

9 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

More and more threads/posts popping up asking for classic skins to make a return. Box Ogris/torid anyone?

Already I can forsee people want the 'giant charger' look of Phorid when it is being updated in the future.... despite complaining about it now.

2 minutes ago, kyori said:

Already I can forsee people want the 'giant charger' look of Phorid when it is being updated in the future.... despite complaining about it now.

It's not the same thing. Phorid is just an enemy with a very bland "placeholder".

Some of these weapons have been with us since the beginning of the game. We give them the meaning. We form a connection.

For example the Bo was the first weapon I crafted, back in 2013. It's remained in my inventory since then (and i use it a lot, it's my 2nd most used melee weapon).

To have that nostalgia just taken away hurts a little bit. What if they had changed the skana completely?

Edited by Nissun

9 minutes ago, Domesticon said:

I second this. I enjoyed the original Braton Model and it was pointless to change it.

Well, we got a Tenno version. We could totally use both models though: Braton is Tenno version, MK-1 could be Corpus.

Anyways, I second the idea for the pack. But we have to understand that there's a few implications here, like updating the old Bo model to be longer, give it a better round mesh and PBR'ing it, which was the whole point.

I believe Lato did have PBR already. Skana hasn't changed much.

What I'd do:

-Give Braton and Lato for free for already registered players, if they are already PBR'd (I know Braton was, not sure on Lato). Have it up in the market as a skin for new people who join and would like it.
-Charge a ridicolous low price for a Bo old model updated with PBR (IDK, 20-35 plat), to make up for the work they'll have to pull (they've just given us a new model, and the guys don't work for free).
-Update the old Grineer Burston model and sell it too, same reasons and pricing as Bo. If we can have Corpus Braton, why can't Grineer, whose Queens are Orokin, use their own version of the Burston?

Anyone wants the Kunai? I really like the newer version better and I just can't imagine anyone wanting the older one.

And I believe that's it, the rest were either looking the same or had terrible models (like @PrVonTuckIII already said).

Edited by NightmareT12

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

Well, we got a Tenno version. We could totally use both models though: Braton is Tenno version, MK-1 could be Corpus.

Anyways, I second the idea for the pack. But we have to understand that there's a few implications here, like updating the old Bo model to be longer, give it a better round mesh and PBR'ing it, which was the whole point.

I believe Lato did have PBR already. Skana hasn't changed much.

What I'd do:

-Give Braton and Lato for free for already registered players, if they are already PBR'd (I know Braton was, not sure on Lato). Have it up in the market as a skin for new people who join and would like it.
-Charge a ridicolous low price for a Bo old model updated with PBR (IDK, 20-35 plat), to make up for the work they'll have to pull (they've just given us a new model, and the guys don't work for free).

Anyone wants the Kunai? I really like the newer version better and I just can't imagine anyone wanting the older one.

I would not charge for the old bo model, I think it would be kinda insulting to charge for something that's been in the game for 4 years.

And aren't kunai basically the same? Everything looks same-ish except for the poor bo. I miss its simplicity so much... :(

Just now, Nissun said:

I would not charge for the old bo model, I think it would be kinda insulting to charge for something that's been in the game for 4 years.

And aren't kunai basically the same? Everything looks same-ish except for the poor bo. I miss its simplicity so much... :(

It's a terrible mesh (note: Mesh, not design) and using Blinn Phong textures. It needs to be updated, and it needs to be worked on (which they already did, even if the design delivered isn't of your liking).

It's going to be a new entry in the DB too, so... It really needs a compromise here. I know I wouldn't work for free.

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

It's a terrible mesh (note: Mesh, not design) and using Blinn Phong textures. It needs to be updated, and it needs to be worked on (which they already did, even if the design delivered isn't of your liking).

It's going to be a new entry in the DB too, so... It really needs a compromise here. I know I wouldn't work for free.

"updated" doesn't necessarily mean "completely reworked", which is what they did.

Again, what if they had done this with the skana? What if they had changed it to look like a completely strange new sword? They can't do that because the skana is an iconic piece in Warframe. It's all over early promotional material. It's even in one of the statues, right?

Then why erase the bo? Why retcon another weapon that's been there from the start, instead of just upgrade it keeping the old, simple design?

Just now, Nissun said:

"updated" doesn't necessarily mean "completely reworked", which is what they did.

Again, what if they had done this with the skana? What if they had changed it to look like a completely strange new sword? They can't do that because the skana is an iconic piece in Warframe. It's all over early promotional material. It's even in one of the statues, right?

Then why erase the bo? Why retcon another weapon that's been there from the start, instead of just upgrade it keeping the old, simple design?

It means work. Updating the Bo, whether you like it or not, is going to be needed to be brought to the newer standard: Longer, better mesh (same design, but not looking so squarey), shader updates.

The Skana has been updated too (I know because even the Tint Channel file is different). However out of all the weapons it's always been the one that aged better.

even though it's considered Retcon to change the appearance of weapons, it's also something that happens during a weapon's production time. you can take a look at the history of just about any firearm ever made and you'll see that rolling changes were made: standardizations, simplifications, aesthetic changes, changes to ergonomics etc. weapons evolve just as much as we do, and years down the line a weapon comes off the production line looking very different to how it would have been if it came out years ago, it's how you can also distinguish an older version of a weapon from a more recent one.

I don't see why this wouldn't be any different far into the future, with rolling changes made weapons in an effort to make them better in some way. weapons change, but war.... war never changes!

8 hours ago, Nissun said:

100% supported but please don't put them behind platinum.

Can't we keep this little bit of nostalgia? :( The Bo was the first weapon I crafted and now it looks like a complete stranger. I miss my humble staff :(

cash or plat is an incentive for DE to do it. Which im sure it will likely happen after all the people that want original looks stop buying skins now to have the original looks. 

i dont think they are going to do it out of the kindness of their hearts given that they have not done it for other weapons. 

8 hours ago, _Mozzy_ said:

Can't see any reason not to have a 'classic skins' bundle. Personally I'd really like one for sounds too, I miss the old Mk-1 Braton sound already :P

i would like sounds also but that requires a bit more work. They would need to update all those old sounds to the new system they use. That will definitely require time and a cash purchase for it.