Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Solo Warframe (for a relative noob)

mosaickle

Question

Now I've only been playing Warframe (properly) for maybe 2 weeks or so and I can say confidently that I am absolutely loving it, however my brother isn't really playing that much anymore so now I'm probably going to have to play solo (or public occasionally, that's really fun too) from now on. I've done some research already however it seems that some info is already outdated. So my question is, who is a good solo Warframe that is also fairly easy to use? I'd go for Inaros if he wasn't relatively 'difficult' for a 'starter' like me.

Currently I have 3 Warframes, Mag (who I started off with, which I kinda regret, apparently Volt is a much better starter now since Mag is underwhelming later on in the game and Excalibur is kinda generic), Saryn (who I bought and is currently playing primarily since she seems to be a fairly nice kind of an 'AoE mage caster' Warframe) and Loki (who apparently is a good solo Warframe and happen to be fairly cheap to buy [175 Plat]). In a few more planets I'd be able to get Rhino since I've got all the blueprints for everything'n all, apparently he's a good tank solo Warframe.

So is there any other Warframe who's a good solo Warframe who isn't that complicated mechanically? Like Inaros, I'd consider Inaros to have a fairly packed kit, if I were to get him I'd get him later on when I get much better.

Thanks a ton guys!

STOP!  Don't spend your plat on any of the warframes mentioned so far.  They are all easy to get or too complicated for beginners.

Rhino, Frost, and Ember are all great as noted above.  Rhino keeps you alive, Frost keeps your defense objectives alive, Ember kills everything for you.  These frames do well without a bunch of forma and maxed out mods.  Go I to recruitment chat and ask for a taxi to the boss fight.

The only frames you should consider buying from the marketplace are Ivara, Mesa, Equinox, Nidus and Atlas.  These frames have difficult or lengthy quests or are hidden behind large RNG walls.  They also have no prime version that you can buy for cheap on trade chat.

Even then, do your research carefully.  The Atlas quest for instance is difficult for beginners but if you have friends with decent archwing gear it gets much easier.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Actually, these buffs last the entire iron skin. Also, with a friendly chroma, valkyr, oberon, or Justice effect, it can go even higher. While this was a controlled test, just to see how much I can get by myself, I've gotten around 400k in mission. Also, I got status and knockdown immunity. Inaros and chroma don't even come close.

Chroma doesn't come close lol do you even know how damage reduction works in this game? Your rhino skin will get shot off a lot faster because it's just an overshield that blocks status.

25 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Chroma doesn't come close lol do you even know how damage reduction works in this game? Your rhino skin will get shot off a lot faster because it's just an overshield that blocks status.

I certainly do. Very well.

DmeSwly.jpg

2.9 million iron skin that I can get repeatedly in a void defense is far more tankiness than inaros or Chroma can dream of getting. 900k iron skin from ironclad combo is also quite badass. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I certainly do. Very well.

DmeSwly.jpg

2.9 million iron skin that I can get repeatedly in a void defense is far more tankiness than inaros or Chroma can dream of getting. 900k iron skin from ironclad combo is also quite badass. 

You're missing the point completely and lol how often are you going to be jumping into void lasers while doing sorties anyway. My point was that Inaros is a tank off the bat without using any abilities, while Rhino and Chroma have to fiddle around with minigames in order to become tanks. 

39 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

You're missing the point completely and lol how often are you going to be jumping into void lasers while doing sorties anyway. My point was that Inaros is a tank off the bat without using any abilities, while Rhino and Chroma have to fiddle around with minigames in order to become tanks. 

Those minigames will make chroma and rhino surpass inaros. Inaros may work best in a nullifier, but he cannot take much after a while without hiding in devour.

5 hours ago, kyori said:

You are the OP?

I recommend playing and experiencing the game yourself to know it better. Take it slow and enjoy.

Treat words in forum as just a guide because there are a lot of mouth-passing-info, meaning they never really experience it but only say what they have heard.

Not sure if Warframe Forums is logging me in automatically to which account...'Atylia' is my current main, 'Evirtua' was this account I started last year, a dead account at this stage, like the account which I screwed up since I had no idea what to do.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

STOP!  Don't spend your plat on any of the warframes mentioned so far.  They are all easy to get or too complicated for beginners.

Uhh, yeah I already bought Volt and Loki, both seem pretty straight forward, I'm not bad at ability usage and mechanics since I have a background in games which are ability heavy (mostly MOBAs) and I'm currently enjoying both a lot more than Saryn. I'm not getting Rhino though since I'm only a few planets away from building him from scratch, I've got all the components except for plastids and another minor component I can't remember the name of right now. But yeah don't worry about me making any real huge mistake, despite me wanting to play Warframe well, I'm still a hardcore casual gamer, like I'm not competitive in any sense when it comes to Warframe. In fact that's a reason why I got Volt and Loki, Loki for elusive fun and Volt for all round play. Now that I've played some Volt, I see how Saryn can be underwhelming so yeah.

4 hours ago, Tomppak said:

As a sidenote for the OP - I wouldn't recommend buying warframes (nor weapons for that matter) for platinum from the market place.

Saryn costs 225 pl to buy from the market. You can get a whole Saryn PRIME set from players for just 60 plat. Even if you decide to install a potato and need to buy a slot for it, that's till a lot cheaper. Of course, then you need to build it, which takes time - still, weapons and warframes are REALLY expensive on the marketplace when compared to how easily you can acquire just about anything in the game. Join a friendly clan, and you'll get access to the clan-research weapons.

You have my attention. I'm listening, go on.

I have no concept of how Warframe trading works at all, but I'm willing to pay any amount less than the market price.

1 hour ago, Atylia said:

I have no concept of how Warframe trading works at all, but I'm willing to pay any amount less than the market price.

First off, read the wiki

Warframe has many things done right, but tutorials for new players isn't one of them. Wiki, on the other hand, is quite useful. 

Then, visit the Warframe Market and if you're looking to buy a specific frame, look up a <frame_name> SET in the search field. A "set" denotes a complete set (duh) of blueprints you need to build a frame, that is, the frame Blueprint itself (BP), and blueprints for Systems, Chassis and Neuroptics (formerly helmet). 

For example, entering Saryn Prime Set returns several results in range of ~65 plat, and Volt Prime sits at ~100 plat. Yes, a Primed (better) version of a frame actually costs less than the market price of a "common" frame. The downside is you'll have to hunt down resources to build every part, and wait several days until everything finishes building. 

Mind you, this hold true for most primes except those that:

a) Are currently vaulted (i.e. unavailable from drops save for what players already own)

b) Have just been released. A complete set of a brand new frame (try Banshee Prime early in March) will fetch a hefty sum in plat the first couple weeks after its release. 

Edited by Reifnir

1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

Warframe has many things done right, but tutorials for new players isn't one of them. Wiki, on the other hand, is quite useful. 

Yeah, I felt this a lot, in fact I regret so many choices after checking them out on YouTube or something

But otherwise thanks so much for this, you're a god man :D

1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

Then, visit the Warframe Market and if you're looking to buy a specific frame, look up a <frame_name> SET in the search field. A "set" denotes a complete set (duh) of blueprints you need to build a frame, that is, the frame Blueprint itself (BP), and blueprints for Systems, Chassis and Neuroptics (formerly helmet). 

So if I find a (for example) Volt Prime set, will it just give me Volt Prime entirely? Like I won't have to go farm for any resources right? Also I don't mind the time it takes to build.

Also, I'm pree low level, like I'm only on Mars right now, is there a level requirement for Warframe Primes?

Ok well right now I found a guy selling a Volt Prime for '60', is that in Platinum?

Can't thank you enough right now, again, spending plat on market price was a mistake Warframe didn't teach...though it's something they wouldn't since it hurts their business :P

2 hours ago, Atylia said:

So if I find a (for example) Volt Prime set, will it just give me Volt Prime entirely? Like I won't have to go farm for any resources right? Also I don't mind the time it takes to build.

Also, I'm pree low level, like I'm only on Mars right now, is there a level requirement for Warframe Primes?

Ok well right now I found a guy selling a Volt Prime for '60', is that in Platinum?

Can't thank you enough right now, again, spending plat on market price was a mistake Warframe didn't teach...though it's something they wouldn't since it hurts their business :P

Yes, that's platinum. You need MR2 to trade. If you found them In Game, send them a message, tell them you want to buy it, and ask them to invite you to their dojo. (If you found them in the Warframe Market and their status is "online ingame", send them a message by typing "/w [their nick] [Your message here]" (without the " and []" obviously), into any chat you might have open.) THey'll invite you, you'll join, they'll open a trading screen. Pick Platinum out of the list, enter 60, WATCH CAREFULLY to make sure they've entered all the required parts (Blueprint, Neuroptics, Chassis, Systems). Once the trade matches what you agreed to, click trade/agree/the green button, can't remember what it says. Before confirming the trade, check once more that the trade is what you really wanted. If you are promised ANYTHING that isn't on the trade screen (like, "I'll give you something else later"), you're being scammed.
Then confirm the trade.

You'll need to build the parts AND the frame, and this will take some time, and resources, but the resources are (for most frames) pretty easy to come by. Again, if necessary, ask for help in a clan to go somewhere where you can get the resources.

An example: Lots of frames need Neural Sensors to build. Neural sensors can be pretty rare at the beginning. A friendly clan mate can easily take you to Jupiter, Themisto, to assassinate Alad V. Alad V drops neural sensors if not every time, then very, very often. Alad V also drops the neuroptics, chassis and systems for the Valkyr Frame - and though Alad V may be a tough nut to crack for a new player like yourself, a friendly clanmate can probably kill them in a couple of seconds, meaning in half an hour, you'll have parts for a new frame and enough Neural Sensors to last you for a while.

You need to be MR 2 to build Rhino. Other frames aren't mastery locked. Several weapons are mastery locked.

wiki is your friend: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

If you want a frame/resources that drops from a boss you can not currently reach (like,Excalibur, parts drop on Pluto, from Ambulas), ask for help in your clan. A player who CAN reach those planets/missions can invite you to their party, and can then initiate the mission. This is called "Taxi", and they are usually also equipped well enough to deal with the mission/boss themselves. Lot's of players are willing to do this for new players, to help them get along, especially if the mission/boss is something they consider easy and quick to do.

You can trade for: Prime Weapon and Frame parts (for frames: you need to build each part. For weapons: The parts are ready, you just need to "assemble" the weapon. This costs some credits, takes some time, and may require an Orokin Cell or a Forma). You can also trade for special weapons (syndicate weapons, and Wrait/Vandal weapon parts). You can trade for Platinum, and mods, and Ayatan Sculptures (decorations, can be turned into Endo which you can use to upgrade your mods). You can trade for Kavat and Kubrow imprints (genetic codes to get specific kavats/kubrows). You can also trade for very, very old helmets which give frames some small boosts.

You can't trade for: Credits, resources, normal weapons, normal frames or their parts, ready built prime frames or prime frame parts or prime weapons, used special weapons (they need to be rank 0 and "unused").

There might be more that you can/can't trade for, but those came out on the top of my head.

ALSO! Don't buy alternative helmets from the marketplace. They cost like 75 pl per piece, and you can get them from alerts for free with a bit of patience. (patience: They'll be in an alert at some point, some day.)

When buying weapons or frames from the market, click the "blueprint" option to buy the blueprint with CREDITS, not platinum. Then you can build the weapon yourself, saving plat at the cost of some credits, some resources, and time.

Hope that helps!

1 minute ago, kyori said:

Try to find me in-game, I'll show you Saryn... Wait, better not because you will sold Volt away immediately. hehe

I mean my Saryn is still my highest ranking Warframe at Lv. 27 and I've been using her for the longest time now (well, I started like late January so yeah)

She's fun'n all but when it comes to roles in Warframe I just prefer other playstyles

3 minutes ago, Atylia said:

I mean my Saryn is still my highest ranking Warframe at Lv. 27 and I've been using her for the longest time now (well, I started like late January so yeah)

She's fun'n all but when it comes to roles in Warframe I just prefer other playstyles

Ya, if you like Volt because of your playstyle then it is fine.

The rank or level of a gear is just to show you how many mod capacity you can put in them, that's about it. Oh.. and it also unlock warframe power the 1st time a warframe is crafted and used, also when every time a forma is installed.

Any gear will not attain full potential until an orokin reactor or orokin catalyst is installed + forma'ed fully.

5 hours ago, Atylia said:

Warframes or warframe parts that have already been built are no longer tradeable, only unused blueprints are. This might be a bit confusing, since when typing in Trade chat, players almost NEVER type "WTS/WTB Valkyr Prime Systems Blueprint", they just go for "WTS/WTB Valkyr Prime Systems".  Back when I just started playing, I remember building something (I think it was a Mag Prime chassis?) and trying to sell it to another player. To my embarrassment, the part didn't even show up in my selection screen... Don't repeat that mistake. :D

As for resources, as I mentioned earlier, you'll have to gather them yourself. Manufacturing requirements are listed on the very same Wiki, in Volt Prime's case - right here. Neural Sensors require Jupiter access, and Orokin Cells will take you to Saturn. Neurodes you should already have from Earth. Top line, with 72 hours crafting time is the final assembly, before that you'll have to craft Neuroptics, Chassis and Systems separately. They take 12 hours to build, and since you can't assemble the frame without all three, it's a good idea to farm all resources for them first, then build the parts at the same time (crafting process for each part is independent). 

Nope, all Primed Warframes are technically available at mastery rank 0. Weapons on the other hand, tend to require a certain MR to use.

Scroll this Wiki page down to the "equipment unlock" section and see what is required. Hint: It's not a good idea to buy a Tigris Prime set below Mastery Rank 13!

Yes, the only currency that can be traded is Platinum. If anyone offers to directly sell you Credits, Syndicate Standing Points, Ducats, Endo, Kuva or Void Traces... It's a scam. 

Edited by Reifnir

Nidus is your man. Massive regen, massive defence on link, grows up with enemies in level, great cc, and for god's sake, you revive, stack up to 100 evolves, and then if u die --> 5 secs of invulnerability that u use to recover those 15 lost evolves. (Increased armour as well with each evolve)

Edited by CrachFire

On 2/16/2017 at 7:48 PM, Atylia said:

Now I've only been playing Warframe (properly) for maybe 2 weeks or so and I can say confidently that I am absolutely loving it, however my brother isn't really playing that much anymore so now I'm probably going to have to play solo (or public occasionally, that's really fun too) from now on. I've done some research already however it seems that some info is already outdated. So my question is, who is a good solo Warframe that is also fairly easy to use? I'd go for Inaros if he wasn't relatively 'difficult' for a 'starter' like me.

Currently I have 3 Warframes, Mag (who I started off with, which I kinda regret, apparently Volt is a much better starter now since Mag is underwhelming later on in the game and Excalibur is kinda generic), Saryn (who I bought and is currently playing primarily since she seems to be a fairly nice kind of an 'AoE mage caster' Warframe) and Loki (who apparently is a good solo Warframe and happen to be fairly cheap to buy [175 Plat]). In a few more planets I'd be able to get Rhino since I've got all the blueprints for everything'n all, apparently he's a good tank solo Warframe.

So is there any other Warframe who's a good solo Warframe who isn't that complicated mechanically? Like Inaros, I'd consider Inaros to have a fairly packed kit, if I were to get him I'd get him later on when I get much better.

Thanks a ton guys!

Ash for every single situation

On 2017-2-16 at 1:48 PM, Atylia said:

Thanks a ton guys!

Wukong can be gotten early in the game from clan research, and he's extremely survivable. Has quite a lot of damage on his 4 as well. You would need Rage to get the best out of him, which is hard to come by but sells in the trade chat for pretty cheap and is totally worth it. He's my favorite guy in the game.