Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #88!

[DE]Rebecca

Limbo rework looks great but I was talking with a friend about it and we think that he'll still be more of a 'single player' instead of a team player, the cap on the number of enemies he can time stop is a bummer for cc giving how most of cc frames like Nyx, Nova, Volt or even Loki or Frost (I think) dont have a cap limit for their abilities. The time stop looks so cool but Frost can achieve almost the same effect with just his globe and the augment instead of 2 abilities like Limbo.

I agree with

4 hours ago, ADirtyMonk said:

Please do not make the dash cost energy.

Seems like he'll be spending lots of energy already to make the rift dash cost any more. Also if we can send more than 1 enemies with Banish now, then Cataclysm feels like only for being stytlish af with tricks like the one with the Hikou showed on the stream.

Stilll, looking fantastic so far and looking forward to it, thanks DE!

Edited by Stygma
mispell

I've got two things:

1: Warframe 'Unprimification' cosmetic option:

Spoiler

Based on the recent update amplifying options for Prime customization (AKA: toggling of Prime to not-Prime, and then going so far as to try desperately to disguise your Nekros Prime (example) as a normal Nekros, which is nice, but I'll mention something that is very noticeable in my 3rd thing), will we see something like this for all weapon variants?

2: Warframe Photobooth (WF/PTB for short?) suggestions:

Spoiler

That photobooth thing was inevitable and incredible, the state of it so far will certainly get me to go back and get examples of my Warframes in diorama-esque action. 

However, if the following haven't been considered before, could it be possible to implement them as an update to this system at a later time?

2 / 1: Inverse Kinematics for legs for all the things:

I tend to notice this in a number of games, and what it basically does is ragdoll the character's feet so they stand on things like stairs properly. I think this might've been tested in the War Within, but that's just my thoughts.

2 / 2: Props, bones, enemies, manipulation:

Considering a theory that this photobooth tool was inspired by what you may've spotted happening in SFM (Source Filmmaker), is it possible for us to do the following (in future updates to Photobooth, when these features are ready, if possible, for the sake of advertisement and ingame cinematic creation by Tenno to tell a story, or make hilarious things like Hunhow having a tea party) things with it:

Spoiler

3 / 1: Deploying any prop from any tileset anywhere, or 'scenebuilding' (which is done in SFM to make scenes because maps sometimes do not meet requirements, which is more often than not) using bits of tileset.

3 / 2+3: Using the actual skeleton of a given model (including a duplicate of ourselves, if the scene requires it), and the enemy AI in 'off' mode, could we be able to pose the characters in a similar manner to how people using something like SFM can get characters into poses that aren't usually in their animation sets? Speaking of this, some models for SFM have 'Sequences', which are premade animations that were brought in with a given model, allowing it to use those animations associated with it, if the posing feature is enabled, perhaps putting all the existing animations for each rig type in a drop-down list like this would be of use to people when animating a short?

This would also allow people to improvise-correct feet on stairs, and persuade Corpus, Grineer, Infested, Corrupted, Sentients and perhaps Tenno allies, to sit at a conference table without trying to kill eachother.

3 / 4: Since time in these things can be manipulated,

I would be overjoyed if we could be able to record a specific snippet of time (up to however many minutes are desired?) without external tools (i.e: Knight-Dragon/Deluxe Skin Chroma cooking an Arid Butcher in the Silver Grove, then using pose-to-pose animation in the Photobooth to put the cooked Grineer on a silver platter in front of Infested which are armed with knives and forks), when the previous features are introduced.

Given that if/when the ability to carefully manipulate characters and enemies' skeletons into an animation is implemented, a timeline or graph to sort every pose and accurately control time itself would be useful. I would suggest you give SFM a go and grab a few assets from the internet to get a feel of how it works, and inspiration for what to do with the Photobooth to give us Tenno sharpest edges over it.

2 / 3: TImeline to manipulate time; described earlier in list 3, bullet 4.

The spoilers are to size down the details inside. There's no spoilers inside, I assure you.

Considering that you guys are looking at Limbo's rework at the moment, can you guys fix a minor but very irritating bug on him? His noble stance bow animation is currently bugged as it uses the dual pistol animation set instead of the bow one (which looks really awkward).

Edited by Jangkrik

image.png

Currently, as far as i'm aware you plan on making this a weapon skin to go in the bundle. It has a simple, yet elegant piece at the hilt in this concept, recent trends in Deluxe have had just the Warframe Skin and a Weapon Skin. Don't get me wrong, that's fine but for when you buy a bundle it'd be nice to get just a bit more. Has it been considered to allow this piece to instead be a new seperate Sugatra for the bundle able to be equipped to any melee of your choice? (Do correct me if I misunderstood and that hilt piece is already gonna be a Sugatra)

The deluxe skin of chroma could use work, it looks too sleek, shiny and techno like. It doesn't catch chroma's rugged tankey look. You also made mistakes with the coloring like replacing golden parts with grey parts, he'd look better with a lot more detail and more of a rugged samurai or dragon look instead of the current skin but overall you did a good job with other stuff in the stream

Edited by G6_tempo776

I'm really conflicted on Chroma's deluxe skin. On the one hand, it looks fantastic (from the screenshots I've seen, can't watch the stream right now). On the other, aren't the skins usually accompanied by a rework? Steve had said around 7 months back that Chroma was in the rework queue and outside of maybe changing his spectral scream I genuinely don't think there's anything that needs to be changed. As far as warframes go I feel Chroma is in a really good place, where he can be extremely powerful but accompanied with periods of vulnerability, especially at later levels, which is a great trade-off.

Was there any mention of a rework in the Stream for Chroma? I really hope not because he is by and large my favourite Warframe. I fell in love with him back when he first got announced (and his Drac helmet was supposed to be his default) and the thought of DE screwing around with my favourite frame just gets me down. Playing as Chroma is such an absolute blast and I can think of no quicker way to make Warframe's other, numerous issues significantly less palatable than to screw with him.

Of course it could be that there isn't any immediate plans to even look at his powers, and I hope that's the case for a long, long time. I'm really glad to hear Limbo is getting looked at after so many people have asked for that, and if the feedback here is anything to go by he's getting a few QoL touchups which is great. But I'm worried that any meddling with Chroma might make him lose whatever it is I find so god damn appealing about him and that honestly worries me.

So please, DE, leave dragon-senpai alone in that regard.

I am a Limbo main and I just want to say THANK YOU for all you've done for him. You worked the way he darkens the scenario so he doesn't do that, and (unless my eyes deceive me) I even saw him picking up itens while INSIDE the Rift. Just one thing: I prefer to Banish ONE enemy at a time (usually the most annoying one: Burstas, Ancient Healers, Bombards, etc.) so they can't help other enemies and/or hit my squad mates, but specially because it is extremelly useful in Rescue and Defense Sorties where you can protect the hostage and ONLY the hostage. For AOE we already have Cataclism... Just a feedback.

I sometimes get players hating on it when I use Limbo, but now that he will STOP EVERYTHING I hope people get to see just how powerful he is (and was even). I might to as far as saying that we will probably one of the most desired frames...

I loved the new Chroma skin, altough those "horns" in his back just look like cardboard cutouts and his horn helmet could have a more "crown" look to it... I hope you can improve on that. But that sword: DAMN!

The Heimlick Companion finally looks cool, NOW I will breed him as soon has I can.

I finally saw Steve saying WORD BY WORD what every Archwing fan as been saying for so long. I really hope you can just go back to something like the old system until you really have something... "workable".

All in all, thanks DE for listening to the community and give us all this goodies. :D

[Now, about the Hema... See, there is always room for improvement.] ;)

Edited by (PS4)leonidasx666

I like the Limbro rework so far and it is a great step forward in the mentality and design process for updates. I have to point this video out because of the way the Devs thought about and utilized his skills/attributes is extremely smart, especially at the end when ST flies... I never knew/thought he could do something like that!... and that is the kind of attention to detail that I hope for from these DEvs. (1:23)

(I also like the part where he simply just throws dirt in his opponents eyes [1:04]... clever.)

Swampthing is gangster.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

On 2/18/2017 at 7:52 AM, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

I am a Limbo main and I just want to say THANK YOU for all you've done for him. You worked the way he darkens the scenario so he doesn't do that, and (unless my eyes deceive me) I even saw him picking up itens while INSIDE the Rift. Just one thing: I prefer to Banish ONE enemy at a time (usually the most annoying one: Burstas, Ancient Healers, Bombards, etc.) so they can't help other enemies and/or hit my squad mates, but specially because it is extremelly useful in Rescue and Defense Sorties where you can protect the hostage and ONLY the hostage. For AOE we already have Cataclism... Just a feedback.

I sometimes get players hating on it when I use Limbo, but now that he will STOP EVERYTHING I hope people get to see just how powerful he is (and was even). I might to as far as saying that we will probably one of the most desired frames...

I loved the new Chroma skin, altough those "horns" in his back just look like cardboard cutouts and his horn helmet could have a more "crown" look to it... I hope you can improve on that. But that sword: DAMN!

The Heimlick Companion finally looks cool, NOW I will breed him as soon has I can.

I finally saw Steve saying WORD BY WORD what every Archwing fan as been saying for so long. I really hope you can just go back to something like the old system until you really have something... "workable".

All in all, thanks DE for listening to the community and give us all this goodies. :D

[Now, about the Hema... See, there is always room for improvement.] ;)

I also main limbo but the one thing I always thought could make him better is to make banish AoE. I was actually excited to see that change. I know a number of players have suggested letting him do both. Something like tap to switch between single and AoE and hold to use. I think that would make everyone happy.

Thanks for the great job with Limbo and Helminth charger!:inlove:

We had a dispute in the clan about kingpin: Some say that "the bigger (clan is), the better", and the rewards for the smaller clans will be way different than the moon ones p.e. My question is - Are they right or defeating the kingpin will reward the clan equally no matter the type of the clan (moon, mountain, storm, or shadow)?  

Such a great stream! I'm so exited for the new features, but what i wanted to give a feedback about is Limbo.

Just so that we are on the same page, i HATE the current Limbo. In my opinion he is literally the worst Warframe. He is so bad, that having somebody play him, who doesn't know what he is doing, Limbo is actually making the game harder.

(Yes, there are a very few, who are handling him VERY good, but let's be honest, those a re like 1% of Limbo players.)

The rework however, totally loving it and i'll explain why,

0) Using the evasion roll to enter/leave the rift. Using Riftwalk was extremly clunky. not only interrupts it reloads, but it stopps movement. For such an essential skill, this is a HUUGE problem in a fast moving game like Warframe. But Judging Rebeccas demonstartion, this problem is completly gone. So, well played, one major issue completly erased.

1) Banish is now AoE. The old Banish had basically the same problem as Riftwalk. The rate of kills in Warframe is high. Having to banish each enemy one by one massivly reduced his overall time to kill. With the new Banish you can now basically decide yourself how many enemies your personal Banish is banishing by adding or reducing power range Power Range.

2) The Stasis is a really unique new ability and i simply can't wait to play around with it.

3) I'm undecided about the third abiliy. I'm not sure how the damage scaling will work. Seeing how great Nidus ability works, i really hope it will scale as well. For example dealing a % of the effected enemy as damage, just like Mods like Vulcan Blitz are already doing.

I'm also rather unsure about the second effect, namely creating mini-Cataclisms. It seems to be Limbos second major problem, overlaping abilities, all over again but this time with the added problem of making Stasis more risky, when you loose track of where all your bubbles are lovated and how many enemies are currently in the rift.

4) While Cataclism won't be changed much it will still be a lot more interesting when considering the synergy with Stasis.

I really hope the work on the rework is comming along smoothly. In all honesty, i can't wait to try Limbo out.

P.S.: Back when i got Limbo from the Quest i quickly sold him for credits after leveling him up once. Litterally right after i watched the Dev stream i got a 50% off platinum coupon from logging in, so i bought the plat and bought Limbo and now i really can't wait for the rework!

Limbo rework:

* Dash/Riftwalk can cost energy or not, Rift refunds it, so I don't see it being a huge difference either way - aside from penalizing/restricting recovery from a energy leech Eximus, or a mag proc.
*  Does the effect happen at the start or finish of the dash? I think start (which is the better option), but not certain from video. (This impacts on the ability's responsiveness and... 'smoothness of use', whatever the word is.)
* Is it a toggle or does it have a duration? Because while I may be blind, I'm not seeing indication of a duration on the UI.
Maybe I need more pixels.

Banish is AoE. I don't love this (precision is sometimes important) but I get it.
However.
It seems that if you cast it on a group of enemies, some in and some out of the Rift, it'll (only) Rift the new ones. This seems like it'd make the ability much less wieldy to use in high pressure/ high stakes situations (though admittedly, I haven't factored Stasis in yet, since idk how it works. More on that later).

I assume that making it a 'tap/hold' functionality was considered and discarded.
If so, can we hear a few words on the 'why' of the decision?
(And if not, I'd propose that as what I think would be a good solution.)

re: loot - 'Solving going in and out is a better way than putting everything in the Rift'.
Respectfully disagree.
Yes, it's better for Limbo. It makes no difference for:
* teammates collecting loot (unless you think that Cataclysm shouldn't be used as 'defensive terrain' as it were?)
* hacking terminals
* carrying anything (power cores, data masses, etc.)
Possibly the last 2 are intentional, idk since nothing was said about it, but it does hurt Limbo's usability (unless you have a squadmate babysitting you).

Stasis:
The mini Couch Crew window was covering the ability UI, so some clarification questions:
* Is it a toggle or a duration ability? This has implications for energy economy.
* I assume that the projectile 'time freeze' is state-based and not geometry based?
I mean, Stasis hitchhikes on the Rift state, when Stasis de/activates, any projectiles with a 'Rifted' owner pause? As opposed to, say, dropping a miniature Cataclysm on a doorway and catching incoming projectiles like flies in amber (since the originating actors aren't Rifted).
* Just to verify, Rebecca said that this works with hitscan weaponry? (More reason I'm assuming it's state-based.)
* Does Stasis work preemptively? i.e. Can I activate Stasis and then insta-freeze anyone I Rift, anyone who walks into my Cataclysm, etc., or do they need to be Rifted before Stasis applies/is applied to them?
I think Scott answers this (at 39:37) as a 'yes', but I'm not entirely clear on that.
Is there any indication of the enemy limit? That it exists, that you're approaching it?, etc.

'Rift Charge' (previously Rift Surge)
Hm. Do I understand that enemies need to be Rifted before the Surge can be applied to them?
If so, and given the new imprecision of Banish, I'm not sure how useful the 'non-Banished' effect will be, since I can't - off the top - come up with a non-convoluted, reliable way to trigger that.

Cataclysm - Forced stagger proc! \o/
Finally it's not an self-murder sentence.
Unless you hit a heavy that's mid-animation (e.g. Bombard > ground slam) which them proceeds to murder you.
Still an improvement, though.

Definitely looks like an improvement, between more active play (what with the different 2 & 3 and less 'Banish -> ground finisher -> repeat' loop), Cataclysm opening up new options, since it mostly shouldn't instamurdering you on use anymore.

Looking forward to it.
Fingers crossed.

Edited by Chroia