Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you improve Wukong?

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

As my most wanted feature, please remove the range cap on Primal Fury. I want that amazing CC just like in the gif. 

Primal Fury - It can increase Allies combo counters. During Primal fury, Wukong also summons other elements (If I'm not mistaken, his folklore counterpart controls elements like fire, wind)

Iron Jab - Increase it's base range by 50%

Defy - I personally want to keep this thing broken :cool: but what if there was a meter representing the amount of times you can use Defy (in other words, how many times you are allowed to die wih Defy). When the meter is full, Defy has a cooldown and Wukong gains bonus armor to compensate

Cloud Walker - This is actually one of my most favourite abilities in the game because I find it amusing. Cloud walker can act as a smoke screen for allies, masking them from enemies and when enemies are alerted, spectres can fight in your stead. 

I also like to see cloud walker expanded, like if you hold his third. You see a widget and you can choose to shapeshift into other things. 

Enemies in cloud walker, can sometimes get confused and shoot their own team mates by accident

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik

The problem with Wukong is that his 4 gives no real benefit compared to a really good melee. Excalibur gets energy waves and ludicrous damage while Valkyr gets invul. Wukong gets..... a stick that can get bigger?

Make it so that Iron Jab creates a counter every time it hits an enemy, 4 hits create a stack, up to 6 points (similar to Nidus system). Now, every time Wukong uses Primal Fury and kills an enemy, it would consume a stack and spawn a Wukong clone (because Sun Wukong is famous for using his clones). The Wukong clone draws aggro and creates chaos on the battlefield befitting a mythological trickster. Wukong can spawn up to 6 clones from the stacks by killing 6 enemies. Clones deals moderate damage but they also absorb damage from enemies and after 10 seconds, they would explode. Each explosion would have a random 100% proc effect: Blast, Radiation (Confusion), Blind, Heat or Cold. The size of the explosion depends on the damage absorbed with a maximum of 15m.

Cloud Walker works as it is, but in Cloud Walker Wukong can use Iron Jab by consuming 1 stack to create a massive ground slam. First, you make sure you have at least 1 stack. Then you go into Cloud Walk. Then you aim with your mouse and press Iron Jab. At this moment, Cloud Walk is deactivated and Wukong would do a ground slam using his stick to the location (it's also practically a teleport) that deals huge damage and ragdolls enemies within range. The size of the ground slam is 1.25 of the groundslam of Jat Kittag.

14 hours ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

As my most wanted feature, please remove the range cap on Primal Fury. I want that amazing CC just like in the gif. 

Primal Fury - It can increase Allies combo counters. During Primal fury, Wukong also summons other elements (If I'm not mistaken, his folklore counterpart controls elements like fire, wind)

Iron Jab - Increase it's base range by 50%

Defy - I personally want to keep this thing broken :cool: but what if there was a meter representing the amount of times you can use Defy (in other words, how many times you are allowed to die wih Defy). When the meter is full, Defy has a cooldown and Wukong gains bonus armor to compensate

Cloud Walker - This is actually one of my most favourite abilities in the game because I find it amusing. Cloud walker can act as a smoke screen for allies, masking them from enemies and when enemies are alerted, spectres can fight in your stead. 

I also like to see cloud walker expanded, like if you hold his third. You see a widget and you can choose to shapeshift into other things. 

Enemies in cloud walker, can sometimes get confused and shoot their own team mates by accident

I actually like your suggestions, Wukong needs a rework on his 1st and 4th for sure. 

8 hours ago, JalakBali said:

The problem with Wukong is that his 4 gives no real benefit compared to a really good melee. Excalibur gets energy waves and ludicrous damage while Valkyr gets invul. Wukong gets..... a stick that can get bigger?

Make it so that Iron Jab creates a counter every time it hits an enemy, 4 hits create a stack, up to 6 points (similar to Nidus system). Now, every time Wukong uses Primal Fury and kills an enemy, it would consume a stack and spawn a Wukong clone (because Sun Wukong is famous for using his clones). The Wukong clone draws aggro and creates chaos on the battlefield befitting a mythological trickster. Wukong can spawn up to 6 clones from the stacks by killing 6 enemies. Clones deals moderate damage but they also absorb damage from enemies and after 10 seconds, they would explode. Each explosion would have a random 100% proc effect: Blast, Radiation (Confusion), Blind, Heat or Cold. The size of the explosion depends on the damage absorbed with a maximum of 15m.

Cloud Walker works as it is, but in Cloud Walker Wukong can use Iron Jab by consuming 1 stack to create a massive ground slam. First, you make sure you have at least 1 stack. Then you go into Cloud Walk. Then you aim with your mouse and press Iron Jab. At this moment, Cloud Walk is deactivated and Wukong would do a ground slam using his stick to the location (it's also practically a teleport) that deals huge damage and ragdolls enemies within range. The size of the ground slam is 1.25 of the groundslam of Jat Kittag.

I like these ideas. 

My biggest complaint about him (even though I like him) is that I have no real incentive to use his 4th instead of my Nikana Prime or War. The combos are kinda terrible and it just doesn't feel unique. I do like the idea of sticking to Wukong lore and giving him even more of his traditional skills, hopefully in a way that makes him synergize better and stand out as his own frame. 

Also, apa kabar. :)

On 2/19/2017 at 4:19 PM, xXDeadsinxX said:

All those suggestions aren't really good. Wukong's abilities are fine the way they are.

I apologize if this seems rude, but I find this statement is just not true. Wukong suffers from more flaws than current Limbo and Hydroid in my opinion. The latter two can be of use to teams and can provide enough CC to be considered adequate at the least. Wukong excels at nothing and unlike Oberon, he's not a jack of all trades. He's slow, has miniscule defensive stats which are clearly made up by a boring-in-action second ability, has nothing to give to a squad, and has little strength.

Sure, Ash is another frame that has generally no use to teams. However, he's actually good at what he's meant for. Does enough damage, has enough speed, and while he lacks synergy, the abilities are enough to compensate because each actually does something (Teleport is debated a lot and I address that). I don't know what exactly Scott had in mind when designing Wukong, but I can say his current state is very very flawed.

Iron Jab's direct hit is single target, can't have its range altered by mods, and halts movement

Defy is just immortality; the only thing he's good at. But what good is immortality if the remaining 75% of your abilities are 100% useless? (exagerration yes, but please understand)

Cloud Walker is slow, and I might as well just be bullet jumping all over the enemies' heads to knock them down instead of [very] briefly stun them.

Primal Fury? Any other long range melee with Primed Reach surpasses the Iron Staff at full length with full power strength+Primed Reach. First attack continues to reset way too quickly even after DE acknowledged this, only to answer that melee combos need improvement altogether (brushing off the fact about PF's starting combo). They still have not done anything on the issue of the ability's first hit resetting in animation in less than 3 frames. This undoubtedly makes Berserker usage complicated for some.

No synergy. At all. The only I can even remotely think of is Cloud Walker opening finishers and having Primal Fury enabled. You might as well have just used your equipped melee and not drained any energy in the process.

This last one is very subjective, but I feel his passive is still not effective enough. Maybe if they add 1-2 more, it'd be fine for me. As it stands, 5 seconds is not enough.

---

A lot of this is definitely opinionated, yes, and I apologize for that, but I have spent a lot of time with Wukong and am unable to find a situation in which he has a use outside of reviving due to Defy. If anyone has a counterargument, I ask you be respectful.

Edited by LazerSkink

23 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

A lot of this is definitely opinionated, yes, and I apologize for that, but I have spent a lot of time with Wukong and am unable to find a situation in which he has a use outside of reviving due to Defy. If anyone has a counterargument, I ask you be respectful.

You're such an utter scrub LaserSink, how can you not know about the wonders and holiness of our Lord and Savior Monkey. /s

Personally I find that he can be one of the top tier damage frames when played correctly, and by correctly I mean diving into a group of enemies and flying out again 2 seconds later because you're just that badass. 

That's not to say other frames can't do that of course... but Wukong does it so much more stylish.

JAB

- add utility >> armor shred.  

- add functionality >> make it so that it hits the intial target and then sweeps in a direction that you are moving your cursor towards

CLOUDWALKER

- increase movespeed in cloud

- make start and end animations quicker.

PRIMAL FURY

- fix combo fluidity and ease of use.

- 0 proc chance on incombo slams is bad. add it in...

10 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

You're such an utter scrub LaserSink, how can you not know about the wonders and holiness of our Lord and Savior Monkey. /s

Personally I find that he can be one of the top tier damage frames when played correctly, and by correctly I mean diving into a group of enemies and flying out again 2 seconds later because you're just that badass. 

That's not to say other frames can't do that of course... but Wukong does it so much more stylish.

Image result for diddy kong gif

52 minutes ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

His exaulted weapon is repetitive.

His Defy is cheap §$&"

His Cloud Walker is a spectator cam and cheap I(§$).

His 1 is a 1.

Wukong needs 4 new skills.

Oh and the Frame takes color like a plastic action figure.

The only Exalted Weapon is Excalibur's fyi. Also subjective.

Subjective (although it totally is).

Don't even know what you're trying to say for this one.

Again, don't even know what you're trying to say.

Wukong isn't going to get 4 completely new skills when your only argument is ''I don't like them'' since conversely there are those who like his current skills and would rather they were tweaked rather than scrapped.

I do agree on the final point, does Mynki have any kids? If so his kid 100% did the texturing/tint placement for Wukong.

Edited by DeMonkey

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:41 AM, JalakBali said:

3:42 in this video:

Paraphrased: "Using 2 complete sets of Arcane Avenger (helment and Syandana), plus his Augment, allows for 10% Red Crit chance while using his Primal Fury"

"With Primed Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Steel charge, the Primal Fury base damage goes up to 1588. That gives you 2858 corrosive damage from Shocking Touch and Fever Strike, along with 50% crit chance, and 3.8 critical multiplier. Which vastly outperforms any melee weapon in the game: Even with Blood Rush taken into account"

Didn't bother to double check if what he says is true, but seeing the quality of his videos, I find it hard to doubt him.

But provided what he says is true, it's benefit is that it is godlike damage.

4 hours ago, chainchompguy3 said:

3:42 in this video:

Paraphrased: "Using 2 complete sets of Arcane Avenger (helment and Syandana), plus his Augment, allows for 10% Red Crit chance while using his Primal Fury"

"With Primed Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Steel charge, the Primal Fury base damage goes up to 1588. That gives you 2858 corrosive damage from Shocking Touch and Fever Strike, along with 50% crit chance, and 3.8 critical multiplier. Which vastly outperforms any melee weapon in the game: Even with Blood Rush taken into account"

Didn't bother to double check if what he says is true, but seeing the quality of his videos, I find it hard to doubt him.

But provided what he says is true, it's benefit is that it is godlike damage.

Even if the DPS does managed to get to that level, the fact that Body Count and Drifting Contact don't work on Primal Fury means the moment you don't see an enemy for 4 seconds, the DPS drops off the cliff compared to regular melee weapons with those mods. Also, keep in mind that even with Blood Rush taken into account, he didn't seem to take into account Maiming Strike which makes guaranteed red crits instead of a chance, nor Relentless Combination on weapons like Atterax, which would get to 3X combo muuuuuuch faster than an impact weapon.

Also, your DPS wouldn't drop just because you entered a Nullifier bubble nor when you are surrounded by leech eximii.

Exalted weapons without a gimmick that is more than just stat boost will never surpass regular melee due to deprivation of important mods and that stronger weapons will keep being introduced.