Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

pet switching is a pain

(PSN)willitical

9 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

Ok  so i had an idea,  could you add all pets in the companions for the arsenal.  It would be easier and fastee to switch pets. Or allow 2 active pets.  

if you have an incubator segment upgrade you can pay the recovery cost for i think 10 or 25k credits... other than that...not sure why you would want that... not that i'm against it or anything

1 hour ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

Ok  so i had an idea,  could you add all pets in the companions for the arsenal.  It would be easier and fastee to switch pets. Or allow 2 active pets.  

You aren't the only one thinking this way.  Here is a thread from a couple weeks ago with a few ideas as well.

1 hour ago, NobleParadox96 said:

if you have an incubator segment upgrade you can pay the recovery cost for i think 10 or 25k credits... other than that...not sure why you would want that... not that i'm against it or anything

52 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

with the upgrade it is relatively painless now. 

Think about it this way. If you made all companions switch the same way (regardless of any recovery time) would you rather:

A)Have to unequip your sentinel before choosing a different one, or

B)Have the game automatically handle putting current pet in stasis and releasing the one you chose to bring.

6 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Because not everyone just loads a Smeeta and calls it a day?

Why would you want it to be easy to switch Sentinels?

having a robotic companion is completely different than a live one... they can manage themselves easily while live companions you need to take care of them in order to prevent them from dying from dna degradation... they are companions but they're different in their own way

8 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Think about it this way. If you made all companions switch the same way (regardless of any recovery time) would you rather:

A)Have to unequip your sentinel before choosing a different one, or

B)Have the game automatically handle putting current pet in stasis and releasing the one you chose to bring.

not sure how i can answer that... either way it's simple and fast to do

34 minutes ago, NobleParadox96 said:

If you're changing your loadout in the arsenal, then to switch sentinels you just have to select Equip -> (Sentinel of choice). (Maybe weapon of choice as well)

Doing the same for a pet means exiting the arsenal, opening the incubator, put current pet in stasis, bring selected pet out of stasis (Rush recovery), exit incubator, enter arsenal, select Equip -> (Pet of choice)

Yeah, it's only 30 seconds or so each time, but it's an unnecessarily annoying extra time for processes that could be automated. It's basically the pet version of restricted mods on sentinel weapons.

It would be sooooo great if we could have all pets as active and just be able to switch them around like the sentinels. I understand live companions have genetic stability and happiness levels, but just make it global instead. No one is going to complain about petting fifty of their adorables.

As it is right now I just keep one pet active to have an active pet walking around the ship and mostly don't use them because NO VACUUM! Otherwise I'd always run around with companions.

Edited by Acersecomic

On 2/22/2017 at 6:44 AM, Chipputer said:

They don't, though. They are both companions that fight by your side and give you added utility.

Next.

They can be revived, Most of the pet powers are a lot more powerful than the sentinels. (except Chesa ofcourse). They are also tanky. You can take them to late game.

Sentinels are crafted. Pets are bred.

Edited by chromaticv1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:40 PM, NobleParadox96 said:

having a robotic companion is completely different than a live one... they can manage themselves easily while live companions you need to take care of them in order to prevent them from dying from dna degradation... they are companions but they're different in their own way

Not all Sentinels are purely mechanical though.  Look at Dijin, Shade, Carrier, etc.  Those are organic parts.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:19 AM, chromaticv1 said:

They can be revived, Most of the pet powers are a lot more powerful than the sentinels. (except Chesa ofcourse). They are also tanky. You can take them to late game.

Sentinels are crafted. Pets are breaded. 

Bred.  It's just bred.

DNA stabilizers,recovery time,missing collar message and many other things just need to go away.Statis chamber should only be used for growing pets and like OP said we should be able to equip them like we equip sentinels.

Why should anyone go thru all of this when there is a lot better and lot simple substitute for them....Sentinels.I mean they are far from substitute,they are obvious choice.

On 22/02/2017 at 10:08 AM, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

with the upgrade it is relatively painless now. 

It's still painful...

Open incubator...

Put pet in status..

Wait...

Open incubator...

select pet in status..

Wait...

Open incubator...

speed up recovery...

go to arsenal...

select pet...

They should all just be in the Arsenal and if you select a pet in status you get a warning saying it will cost 10K and your other pet will go into status... confirm... simplicity...

On February 21, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Xekrin said:

You aren't the only one thinking this way.  Here is a thread from a couple weeks ago with a few ideas as well.

this is a perfect illistration. sure its not that bad if you dont switch pets often, but if you run sorties everyday you will probably be switching pets alot like me. now in the video it shows you can rush the recovery in the arsenal. so my idea was to be ablke to select any pet from there, then seledct make active pet then rush recovery. this would skip the animations and skip having to put one in stasis first. so you see my idea wil make a huge differance. also if they let us have 2 active pets that would also dramitacally make life much easier, then i could have my 2 favorite pets active and have to switch very seldom. a few things i would like to see future pets do is affect the warframes abilities, like enerygy max, range, efficiancy, streingth, etc,