Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I kill your Kubrow extra dead

AcceptYourDeath

What is up with this relentless execution of Kubrows? :shocked: 

I frequently have a dead Kubrow during missions because somehow the AI seems to have the possibility to murder them extra hard, they are just straight up dead without a possibilty to rezz them. This is really frustrating, I mod 2 minutes bleedout link for a reason not to mention you run out of "interactions" to restore their trust.

It happens most likely during Kuva Missions and my guess is Kuva Guards are to blame, which doesn`t mean it can`t happen on other missions. From what I can tell this is caused when a Kubrow dies in range of a toxic cloud, fire or Osprey mines, anything which is continues damage? Probably as mentioned Kuva Guard hacking them to pieces after they have been downed.

No Vacuum

Only 1 damage type

Upkeep costs

A pain to switch them

They don`t "shoot" door traps

No immunity timer like "regen" mod

No OMG RED CRITS

Why do you hate Kubrows? :sad: Why does the game murder them merciless.....  DEAD

Edited by AcceptYourDeath

AFAIK, it's a known bug. During Kuva missions, while you're in the Operator mode, your sentinels/pets are very likely to end up dead immediately, without the ability to resurrect. I've seen people complain about it here and there.

Aside from the obvious potential cripplings a pet might take from being linked to the fragile glass operator, I wouldn't be surprised if the problem with their lack of bleedout is actually BECAUSE of having bleedout link. Operator form probably has a null value of some kind for bleedout time, since it's not a state they can be in.

Of course, I could be wrong, maybe they insta-die even if you DON'T have bleedout link equipped. It'd probably be an easy test?

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AnnoyedHaddock said:

I think it's to do with the mods being 'link' mods and your Tenno having no shield, 100 health and I believe no armour, so the kubrow is essentially defenceless.

No this is about Kubrows getting downed and you have no chance to ressurect them and they are dead for the remaining time in a mission. But yeah it makes sense they lose all mods or something like that once you are in Operator Mode, since I also recall seeing bleedout timers flickering between values changing between 2 minutes and 7 seconds. 

1 hour ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

No this is about Kubrows getting downed and you have no chance to ressurect them and they are dead for the remaining time in a mission. But yeah it makes sense they lose all mods or something like that once you are in Operator Mode, since I also recall seeing bleedout timers flickering between values changing between 2 minutes and 7 seconds. 

Perhaps Kubrow  is linked to Warfame bleed out and the Tenno not being able to go into bleed out mode means the Kubrow can't either.

It would make sense as that's how all their survivability mods work,

Edited by (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock

I spent a lot of forma trying to make my Kubro's and Kavats worth a S#&$ compared to sentinels.  So far though in a Super fast paced game hard to beat vacume.  Maybe more slow missions or more boss fights.  Maybe a few interception missions that are big enough that people stay at one point? But in the games current state with  the mission types we have it hard to use my 6 + fully formaed Kubro's and Kavat's.  And that's a issue. 

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)AnnoyedHaddock said:

I think it's to do with the mods being 'link' mods and your Tenno having no shield, 100 health and I believe no armour, so the kubrow is essentially defenceless.

No. Kuva missions, in particular, simply have a chance to straight up murder your animal companion 100% dead with no chance to revive them. This hurts Kubrows extra hard since they require interaction to restore their loyalty and you're limited to 3 per day.

11 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I thought the interaction limit was removed. Weird.

You're confusing Kavats with Kubrows. Kubrows still have to deal with this archaic system.

That or you're confusing the fact that you can interact as many times as you want but you will only benefit 3 times per day.

Not just Kuva missions, just happened to my kubrow in action on an assassination mission and my Excalibur just froze still reviving even after the kubrow died. Extremely pissed me off cause now I have to spend a ridiculous amount of credits to bring his health back up, and you all are right about the limited interactions, it's $&*&*#(%&.

22 hours ago, (Xbox One)AnnoyedHaddock said:

ohh that makes a lot of sense. another reason why link mods are terrible...

Just ran some tests in the Simulacrum.

The Kuva Guardian dash attack launches things into the air, and seems to have an even stronger effect on Kubrows (and presumably Kavats). The Kubrow then dies once they have fallen out of the Simulacrum.

I also tested with Shockwave Moa and Powerfist, and both times my Kubrow teleported back to a valid spot instead of dying.

This likely applies to falling out of the area in Kuva Siphons too.

On 3/2/2017 at 1:01 PM, IceColdHawk said:

Don't bring kubrows or kavats into kuva missions. BBQ Masters and guardians love to instakill them. You'll be more busy reviving your pet than gathering the kuva.

Wait, you mean instakill/charbroil them. right?