The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should DE start developing Alt-Fire double modding?

--DSP--

I know this may sound like it's just for Euphona Prime, and people might argue that it will be too overpowered for Euphona, but what's the point of having two ult fire when player can only choose one of the fire mode to be useful? Like Dark Split-Sword, it can be overall better for Warframe if DE starts developing double modding. One for normal mode, and another for Ult-Fire.

Weapons that will be benifited:
Dark Split-Sword: Player can switch between Dual melee and Heavy
Zarr: Allow people to add punch through mod in Shotgun mode and without it in the grenade mode. (The grenade mode + punch through is currently buggy as hell)
Euphona Prime: allow both modes to be useful at the same time (May sound op, but it will motivate players to switch between modes)
Quanta: Maybe allow players to focus on blast build a laser build

You get the point... What do you think? I know this sounds messy, and my English isn't that great.

8 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

No because that is power creep that is over 9000.

Plus it would allow for "perfect" builds which these weapons are not about.

It's no difference in power if you really think about it. It would just feel like a Crit Primary weapon + Status secondary weapon without needing to switch that much.

50 minutes ago, --DSP-- said:

Weapons that will be benifited:
Dark Split-Sword: Player can switch between Dual melee and Heavy
Zarr: Allow people to add punch through mod in Shotgun mode and without it in the grenade mode. (The grenade mode + punch through is currently buggy as hell)
Euphona Prime: allow both modes to be useful at the same time (May sound op, but it will motivate players to switch between modes)

yes to all of these ...they ARE two different weapon in one and should be able to be modded as such...aka BUILD VARIETY :P

Edited by xcynderx

Power creep galore.

Euphona prime, with a status build is basically a tigris prime, with a crit build it red crits with ease and has an amazing damage per shot, asking for both is like asking DE to buff the Tonkor, no just no.

Zarr already has punch through with its barrage mode and alone its very powerful, the cannon mode already deals very high damage in a big area of effect, why would you buff it? 

Why would players build any other weapons if you can effectively go in a mission with 6 weapons instead of 3 and perform better then you would with normal weapons with little to no drawback?

All the weapons you mentioned are very powerful and don't need any buffs, the only change I would like would be for the Dark split sword to actually have an alt-fire mode, otherwise the weapons are fine. 

Having 2 fire modes doesn't mean you are getting both of them at full power, if you want the Zarr & Euphona's shotgun mod to perform exceedingly wel, then mod for those modes. if you want the Sniper or the cannon mode to perform, then mode for those mode. if you want both modes to perform, then get a hybrid build. otherwise we don't need any more powercreep.

7 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Power creep galore.

Euphona prime, with a status build is basically a tigris prime, with a crit build it red crits with ease and has an amazing damage per shot, asking for both is like asking DE to buff the Tonkor, no just no.

Except Tigris Prime has bleed which is what makes the weapon overpowered.  What's the point of having two weapons in one when we only use one of them?

Just because you have more option, doesn't mean it will make the weapon more overpowered, it would just be overall more "fun". The "power" of the weapon will stay the same, but it can be powerful in a different way.

Edited by --DSP--

17 minutes ago, --DSP-- said:

Except Tigris Prime has bleed which is what makes the weapon overpowered.  What's the point of having two weapons in one when we only use one of them?

Just because you have more option, doesn't mean it will make the weapon more overpowered, it would just be overall more "fun". The "power" of the weapon will stay the same, but it can be powerful in a different way.

It would make this weapon OP.

It's drawbacks are what balance it imo.

As of now you can build Euphona a few ways and you will meet with success in any of them with trade-offs.

...That's fair.

Euphona prime has a healthy amount of status and crit baked in base.

If you really only like the pistol, mod for crit.

If you really like the scattergun portion mod for status.

...Or mod both moderately.

I can see a riven with the right attributes making this weapon un-godly though. 

I think that it sounds great, and for people who thinks it could be too much overpowered, they actually don't think that DE can simply lower the damage on both fire modes to compensate. Also an hybrid build is possible but it is a bit stingy.

Here's an example:

4 dual stat mod

Hornet strike

Barrel diffusion

Lethal torrent

And here lies the problem:

You have only one spot left... What do you put here? Crit damage or crit chance? I personally go with crit chance just for the consistency. But without a crit damage mod it feels uncomplete.

So DE can simply lower the damage on crit side and let us have the normal fire mode modding and the alternative fire mode modding.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

we're pretty far down the rabbit hole as far as power Creep goes now, not much point in using it as an excuse anymore.

INB4 DE make augment mods specifically for Dual mode weapons that buff both modes.

This is not balance though. Why having two mode when only one can be useful at a time? If that's the case, what's the differences between this and switching to different weapons? This is not an actual "power drawback" it's just a psychological drawback I call "fun drawback"

1 minute ago, --DSP-- said:

This is not balance though. Why having two mode when only one can be useful at a time? If that's the case, what's the differences between this and switching to different weapons? This is not an actual "power drawback" it's just a psychological drawback I call "fun drawback"

that's my point: I was jokingly saying "oh, DE will give us OP augment mods for dual-mode weapons leading to more power creep, because why not?".

and honestly , I'm not sure DE care for balance much.

57 minutes ago, --DSP-- said:

What? Euphona prime also has the bleed effect, just deals less damage due to it having less slash. did you use the Euphona prime yet?

the point is versatility and convenience, but the advantage of a versatile and convenient weapon come with a cost.

We have more option right now, what your asking for is for that option to be even more powerful than it is right now, thats called power creep.

and no the power of the weapon wont stay the same, lets say that with a Hybrid build both of your Zarr and Euphona modes perform at a 70%/70% with your suggestion of separate alt fire modding, you are buffing it to a 100%/100%, how will the power of the weapon stay the same? 

you want the whole cake without even paying for it.

Edited by Midrib

Just because we have some form of powercreep doesn't mean we should bum F*** the balance all together and ruin the whole game. and nerfing the Euphona's damage just to fit in alt fire modding is effectively doing nothing, you would be ruining the potential of the weapon just because you want to use both modes at the same time.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:57 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

No the euphonia prime is fine as is. People just want to have their cake and eat it too.

Of course people would like to eat the cake if they do. What's the point of a cake if we can't eat it? Let it rot? Thanks for proving me point though.

Edited by --DSP--

On 3/1/2017 at 8:38 PM, Midrib said:

What? Euphona prime also has the bleed effect, just deals less damage due to it having less slash. did you use the Euphona prime yet?

the point is versatility and convenience, but the advantage of a versatile and convenient weapon come with a cost.

We have more option right now, what your asking for is for that option to be even more powerful than it is right now, thats called power creep.

and no the power of the weapon wont stay the same, lets say that with a Hybrid build both of your Zarr and Euphona modes perform at a 70%/70% with your suggestion of separate alt fire modding, you are buffing it to a 100%/100%, how will the power of the weapon stay the same? 

you want the whole cake without even paying for it.

I forma'd it 4 times, so yes, I have used it. Just because you have a Tigris Prime and a Lex Prime on your arsenal at the same time, it doesn't make you more powerful in general. It just makes it more convenient to change between long range and close range. What is the point on having two fire mode when only one is useful at a time? That is NOT power creep. It's like Dark-Split sword all over again.