Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Buff Fang Prime

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

It's honestly a really bad weapon . It has bad damage, bad status, bad crit, bad reach, and no special passive ability  . The only thing that it has going for it is it's multi strikes and even that + a shattering impact mod doesn't do much against high level enemies . So it's pretty bad in all aspects.. so let's talk buffs 

First off let's just buff the damage right away because 36 damage on a prime weapon is straight horrible . Dual kamas prime has almost twice that plus good crit and okay status (a slightly longer reach to) So i would increase its base damage but also give it the passive ability that it does twice the amount of damage when hitting the back of an enemy. Matter of fact do this to all dual daggers and don't make it a mod -.-

I really don't know why it has a magazine of 6 but maybe this could be incorporated, so that you have 6 daggers to throw a mission ? And each thrown dagger does 100 finisher damage before mods .

lastly I wouldn't buff the crit or the status because I think we should let it keep its soul as a weapon that doesn't rely on neither kind of like  tiberon. Makes it special in a way , but anyway thank you for listening to my rambling. This is my feedback on the weapon. 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_
Grammar . There's probably more mistakes

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

It's honestly a really bad weapon . It has bad damage, bad status, bad crit, bad reach, and no special passive ability  . The only thing that it has going for it is it's multi strikes and even that + a shattering impact mod doesn't do much against high level enemies . So it's pretty bad in all aspects.. so let's talk buffs 

First off let's just buff the damage right away because 36 damage on a prime weapon is straight horrible . Dual kamas prime has almost twice that plus good crit and okay status (a slightly longer reach to) So i would increase its base damage but also give it the passive ability that it does twice the amount of damage when hitting the back of an enemy. Matter of fact do this to all dual daggers and don't make it a mod -.-

I really don't know why it has a magazine of 6 but maybe this could be incorporated, so that you have 6 daggers to throw a mission ? And each thrown dagger does 100 finisher damage before mods .

lastly I wouldn't buff the crit or the status because I think we should let it keep its soul as a weapon that doesn't rely on neither kind of like  tiberon. Makes it special in a way , but anyway thank you for listening to my rambling. This is my feedback on the weapon. 

I agree, it needs a buff. Until then, like a lot of daggers and weapons like the Fang, it is simply mastery fodder. I didn't really enjoy the Fang personally when leveling it up. Not my type.

Dual daggers in general needs tweaks to work better. What i'm hoping for is passives for each melee category so daggers will get something that makes them usable.

(and the idea of making them throwing sounds nice)

1 minute ago, Arandabido said:

Dual daggers in general needs tweaks to work better. What i'm hoping for is passives for each melee category so daggers will get something that makes them usable.

(and the idea of making them throwing sounds nice)

lol I'm still wondering why it has a magazine of 6

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

make primes great again :D 

..ok joking aside i feel plenty of the past primes need a touch up or at least some new alt mode of attack 

*stares longingly at Dakra Prime*

(or at least the unbuilt set i have.. i havnt had the patience for 15 orokin cells yet, even so, power creep has destroyed that thing.)

Edited by Wolfsfang202

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

but dakra p is a monster... , use it with dervish to get the 300% buff and oh boy can you shred things xD 

OOor i can use the same stance on broken war for better results...

(ignoring the fact i main nikana prime.. but still)

Edited by Wolfsfang202

Just now, Wolfsfang202 said:

OOor i can use the same stance on broken war for better results...

actually the variable range of damage if built right is only slightly better 

i cloned my build on both and damage factor to a point is roughly equivalent in combat  

so say 90 -100 range in terms of total damage  90 =dakra p , war = 100 

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

actually the variable range of damage if built right is only slightly better 

i cloned my build on both and damage factor to a point is roughly equivalent in combat  

so say 90 -100 range in terms of total damage  90 =dakra p , war = 100 

still a bigger number though isn't it, not to mention the broken war is generally speaking a ton easier to get with dakra p residing in the vault currently.

52 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

They just need to be as fast as melee 1.0 days. Speed fixes everything.

*looks directly at twin grakatas* hmm.

*looks towards azima* uh huh.

*glances at twin vipers* riight...

Edited by Wolfsfang202
reasons

Change the topic title, this thread should be more along the lines of: Please, make a Prime weapons pass.

Basically those weapons that are powerful can stay as they are. Those weapons that underperform (Fangs, Glaive, I know I'm missing something here) need to go up.

And yes, have all of my yes OP.

Edited by NightmareT12

I can't believe I put a catalyst on Fang Prime when I first got it simply because it looks cool.

Aside from stats buff, I would suggest giving all dual daggers a unique passive that greatly increases the attack speed of all finisher attack(including ground finisher). You will be able to perform finisher attack in quick succession if there are multiple enemies open to finisher attack.

Edited by yles9056