The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To the guys that saved 3000 dudes in one mission.

2Peter3Nine

This event is seriously borderline negligence on DE's part. Having the grand prize be gated around playing nonstop for almost half a day is giving people incentive to ignore all bodily functions. People have died doing crap like this.

Normally I'm with DE on a number of their decisions, or I can at least see where they're coming from. But not this one. Not this event.

Well, congrats to them.

And that's why my clan would never suceed in this event. After 1 hour i'm starting to fall asleep.

Then again, i refuse to swap my rhino for any other warframe... Just because fashion and roleplay.

6 hours ago, Bronjun said:

Two Vauban, two Trinity. Vauban presses 3 like there's no tomorrow, Trinity gets energy and heals them up. Simple really but time consuming. 

I have noticed some doubts regarding the use of Vauban and Trinity. Well then. I am from Sword of the Stars and that was our setup. http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/pacifismDefect.php If nothing else, that rank should add more than enough credibility into my comment. 

They still die randomly in the high level. 2 Limbos are a must have to avoid that while they're moving.

Edited by --Q--Animan8000

3 minutes ago, --Q--Animan8000 said:

They still die randomly in the high level. 2 Limbos are a must have to avoid that while they're moving.

Yes I noticed. I thought there's a bug that prevents blessing from healing Kavor in rift? Some of our clan members used Limbo as well. I am sure it is a good setup as any. 

6 hours ago, DogManDan said:

as this is pretty much true it negates the whole fairness of top 10% of clans getting the perma research for ignis wraith. Nothing new though with every event ever the leaderboard numbers are always wrong

From a Youtuber... a supposed veteran player of warframe, i just showed you the video proving your assumption wrong...

So you still think the top players in leaderboards used some sort of vauban glitch? lol

7 hours ago, DogManDan said:

as this is pretty much true it negates the whole fairness of top 10% of clans getting the perma research for ignis wraith. Nothing new though with every event ever the leaderboard numbers are always wrong

The numbers are right. Have you ever noticed that people care about records & WRs? How far a human would go just for a World Record and or a very decent Personal Best? Have you ever seen on twitch people who are trying to speedrun a very long game over a week (because the 12K run was 15-16 hours)? That basically means also no breaks because it's like at a speedrun and in the event you cannot really take a break as well. And that much people from my clan or brother clan do care about records & WRs like recently speedrunning raids in Warframe is nothing new if you'd check the leaderboards of trials.wf as example (where I am also the current World Record holder of all raids)

Also the Ignis Wraith is mastery fodder at least for me. I dont play with it and it has a lower base damage which could be almost an issue for dropping & destroying the bomb in LoRs fast.

Edited by --Q--Animan8000

One of these days you'd hear the news of a player died from exhaustion and dehydration from doing this kind of missions and maybe that would make DE rethink how their events should be scored.

But nah. They'd just change the scoring to depend on nitain instead.

3 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

This event is seriously borderline negligence on DE's part. Having the grand prize be gated around playing nonstop for almost half a day is giving people incentive to ignore all bodily functions. People have died doing crap like this.

Normally I'm with DE on a number of their decisions, or I can at least see where they're coming from. But not this one. Not this event.

36 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

One of these days you'd hear the news of a player died from exhaustion and dehydration from doing this kind of missions and maybe that would make DE rethink how their events should be scored.

But nah. They'd just change the scoring to depend on nitain instead.

This is a clan even, they don't expect or require people to stay 12 hours in the same mission, they expect people to work together to achieve the points goal. 

My clan is right now at #13 for Storm Clans and we just had a decent amount of active players, most being under 1k points, only top 3 being over 1 k, top 4 having somewhere around 3.5k after they did a lenghty run.

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

This is a clan even, they don't expect or require people to stay 12 hours in the same mission, they expect people to work together to achieve the points goal. 

My clan is right now at #13 for Storm Clans and we just had a decent amount of active players, most being under 1k points. 

Doesn't really matter. People see these top 10 and see that there's a reward for being in the top 10, and immediately try to find ways of being in the top 10.

The problem lies mostly in the moon and mountain clans. Many of these clans are pretty much out of the runnings because of either inactive players or a larger percentage of players not caring enough or not having enough time in their lives to do 1k+ rescues in one mission. Remember, the amount needed to hit the threshold to win anything in this clan-wise scales depending on how big your clan is. So since these bigger clans have more people potentially not doing the event, there needs to be more "hardcore" players picking up the slack to get that shiny new weapon or even its blueprint.

This means more people no-lifing the event, and potential health degradation. This is a very, very poorly made event.

18 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

This means more people no-lifing the event, and potential health degradation. This is a very, very poorly made event.

DE is not at fault for people doing long runs. They are not responsible for it either, the players can choose themselves what to do and they are responsible for their health and time by themselves.

30 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

Doesn't really matter. People see these top 10 and see that there's a reward for being in the top 10, and immediately try to find ways of being in the top 10.

The problem lies mostly in the moon and mountain clans. Many of these clans are pretty much out of the runnings because of either inactive players or a larger percentage of players not caring enough or not having enough time in their lives to do 1k+ rescues in one mission. Remember, the amount needed to hit the threshold to win anything in this clan-wise scales depending on how big your clan is. So since these bigger clans have more people potentially not doing the event, there needs to be more "hardcore" players picking up the slack to get that shiny new weapon or even its blueprint.

Then , sometimes a bit of cleaning is in order. Do keep in mind that Top 10% is not only the 10 with the most points, but 10% of the whole bunch. 

Moon 147,604
Mountain 42,608
Storm 13,904
Shadow 4,188
Ghost 1,820

Those are the requirements to enter top 10% for each type, these being the lowest score of the lowest ranked in that 10% at the moment. Those are not hard numbers to get by any measure if your clan has some decent numbers active members.  At full capacity, they  they would require each member to get 142/147 points, meaning 36-37 extractions, but as they said in the devstream, they planned for 50% activity, so 72-74 extractions per member which is not a lot, and it is done in about 20 minutes I think.  Of course this is for just breaking in top 10%, a tad more would be required to progress in it. 

The numbers required are not that high, is just that people with huge clans full of inactive members expect to get a clan reward without a clan, even though this event was presented as once from the very start. 

Edited by aligatorno

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Then , sometimes a bit of cleaning is in order. Do keep in mind that Top 10% is not only the 10 with the most points, but 10% of the whole bunch. 

Moon 147,604
Mountain 42,608
Storm 13,904
Shadow 4,188
Ghost 1,820

Those are the requirements to enter top 10% for each type, these being the lowest score of the lowest ranked in that 10% at the moment. Those are not hard numbers to get by any measure if your clan has some decent numbers active members.  At full capacity, they  they would require each member to get 142/147 points, meaning 36-37 extractions, but as they said in the devstream, they planned for 50% activity, so 72-74 extractions per member which is not a lot, and it is done in about 20 minutes I think.  Of course this is for just breaking in top 10%, a tad more would be required to progress in it. 

The numbers required are not that high, is just that people with huge clans full of inactive members expect to get a clan reward without a clan, even though this event was presented as once from the very start. 

The numbers don't really change what's currently happening. This thread alone has already shown how people are going way beyond what they should for the sake of a weapon in a video game.The second someone feels the need to put 12 consecutive hours into a game for a reward is when the devs have failed - Whether it's due to volunteering or otherwise. Also, these numbers don't make up for those clans that just barely are in the moon or mountain clan threshold. These clans will need to play longer and harder to meet their tier's requirements. 

Really, they shouldn't have connected a weapon or blueprint award to this in the first place. They should've kept it as e-peen statues only. Now, those clans and players that don't meet the threshold will be SoL. Either way, I'm disappointed. This event was long, boring, and filled with exploits. Now a large part of the playerbase will have to pay out the nose or switch clans through no fault of their own.

11 hours ago, ViS4GE said:

I'm sure there is limit to how many enemies can spawn on map, so you could group them up in one place and keep them in cc for 20 hours.

They used 2 limbos 2 frosts most likely.

I thought this too but even if there is a spawn limit the defectors get stuck on enemies if there are too many clustered together. Rifted or not.

Meh, I knew on the outset that this setup wasn't going to end well.

That said, the idea of putting research for the top 10% of clans per bracket isn't necessarily a bad one, it just needed tuning ( I would have rather seen them give the top 10% of clans unique autonomous sentries for their dojo. This would be something that could mesh with having our dojos attacked in the future).

Past experience told us that it would encourage some exploiting,

...Now we have footage of a group doing the same mission for 12 hours to get there. That's not an exploit at all and I applaud them, but it's not a play tactic anyone would encourage or recommend.

With that said, if it took a group of 4 players 12 hours... How long would it take a group of 2 or 1? Scary thought.

For my part, I couldn't get past the point where I got the emblem... That's the level of engagement I could muster for this event because I didn't find it fun or engaging at all. 

The Gradivus Dilemma had about the right amount of carrots for the right amount of effort and you were invested in the outcome throughout imo.

I would also have liked seeing bounty missions from each of the Syndicates folded in giving player's a choice of missions that might run counter to SM's overall objective.

Congrats to those who did find it fun and got nifty rewards though.

1 minute ago, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

Seems like it might be time to rethink Limbo banish working on defense targets lol.  Possibly by putting the diminishing returns function on them as well. 

...Then it would also be time to look at diminishing returns for all frames.

Most frames have some measure of this cheesiness.

How many times does Excal need to blind them before they whip out a pair of glare protection goggles?

Slippery slopes are slippery.

2 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

...Then it would also be time to look at diminishing returns for all frames.

Most frames have some measure of this cheesiness.

How many times does Excal need to blind them before they whip out a pair of glare protection goggles?

Slippery slopes are slippery.

I thought all frame powers already had diminishing returns on enemies.  On single targets any way.  Keep blinding the same enemy and each time its blind for a shorter period.  Most enemies end up dead before it's a real problem anyway, but Im talking meta cheese levels of enemies.

1 minute ago, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

I thought all frame powers already had diminishing returns on enemies.  On single targets any way.  Keep blinding the same enemy and each time its blind for a shorter period. 

They don't.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

Most enemies end up dead before it's a real problem anyway, but Im talking meta cheese levels of enemies.

You don't think chain casting Radial Blind counts as cheesy?

Please know that I am not challenging your opinion so much as I am saying that the notion of nerfing something because it's cheesy cuts in every direction for this game. 

I don't mind the concept of DR being applied wholesale in this game with considerations applied (re-tune, re-balance enemies, resistances, dmg, enemy count), and etc.

I am saying that it's a Pandora's Box scenario and we should all expect to get something we don't like from it.

9 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

There is no 'grand prize' for being number one on the leaderboard, and the top prize in this event can be achieved with a reasonable effort in all clan tiers.

5 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

There's no specific reward for being in the top 10.

Getting into the top 10% isn't that difficult.

4 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

The numbers don't really change what's currently happening. This thread alone has already shown how people are going way beyond what they should for the sake of a weapon in a video game.The second someone feels the need to put 12 consecutive hours into a game for a reward is when the devs have failed - Whether it's due to volunteering or otherwise.

Getting the weapon (BP for 'Participation' reward) doesn't require any great effort, certainly nowhere near 12 hours.