Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conditions: Shotgun Only

Lord_Datastorm

This deals with sorties. When conditions say  Shotgun Only and it gives the description of "Mechanical disruptors at this location are configured to disable a majority type of weapons. SHOTGUN weapons will be your only available option.

Now my question is then why doesnt the Euphona Prime or Pyrana work, they are shotguns. Why doesnt redemmer work it is shotgun based?

Or am I reading into this way too much.

There is an issue with the logic that Shotgun only means Primary only.   Bow only sorties allow the use the of the Ballistica/Rakta Ballistica.    Shotgun sorties should allow shotgun type secondaries and even the melee weapon as well.   As long as it is a shotgun type weapon.  Or change the description to Primary Shotgun only. 

Edited by _Vortus_

5 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Bow only sorties allow the use the of the Ballistica/Rakta Ballistica.   

I think you meant here the Attica and Zhuge.  Those are primaries and allowed in Bow sorties.  Ballistica is a secondary.

They just need to add "primary" to these conditions to make them clear. Otherwise you would be able to equip a primary and a secondary shotgun at the same time, that defeats the purpose of being handicapped to one weapon only.

What is a mechanical disruptor anyway? Mechanics is about applying forces to stuff, so I'm assuming a grineer snuck into my ship and bent all of my guns' barrels.

Really, the sortie modifiers refer to the mods the weapon can use. All secondaries are referred to as secondaries. Zhuge and Attica are referred to as bows and get double fire rate bonus, just like any bow.

5 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Bow only sorties allow the use the of the Ballistica/Rakta Ballistica.

No?

@MystMan @VentiGlondi  Yes, I mean the secondaries, Ballistica/Rakta Ballistica.   I was only recently told myself that it was possible, and tbh the thought never occurred to me as I assumed it meant Primary Bow only.   However, it says Bow only with no mention of type.   The secondary bow's do indeed work.   Or did as of our last Bow only sortie.    Next one will see if any changes occurred, but none were mentioned.     I have never tried using a Bronco or some of the other shotgun type secondary, as I don't have any.  

Still is pretty wierd how void magic energy targets specific weapons... how does it target bullets, arrows, lazers, grenades, infested projectiles, katanas, glaives, flamethrowers, wips, swords, hammers, shield, sparring gear, javellins, nunchuks, sytches, daggers, gunblades, nail guns, dart guns, pizza cutters, sticky grenades, snipers and shurikens/kunai, but not shotgun ammo?

I suppose Nef Anryo must had payed his void taxe- I mean his contributions a bit late this year. Could explain why the void energy bugged out... again.

Edited by Nezha_Rose
Exposition

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2017 at 10:01 PM, (Xbox One)Archibald Jax said:

You are missing the bigger question, how in the void does a mechanical disruptor shut down a sharpened metal stick? 

Yeah, just... yeah.

"tenno, due to void energy in the area you won't be able to use your sword or your throwing blades. But your Kohm will work perfectly fine." =p

Because ya know void energy stops swung and thrown blades cold but while it's doing that your high-speed electromagnetic railgun is OK-Doke! /kek/

The restrictions as a challenge are raisin-able.

The restrictions in any logical sense are absurd, imho.

Wish there was at least a more in-depth reasoning, like "Tenno, you are infiltrating an enemy stronghold that will not provide you ammunition for XYZ due to active disruptors used in the area, therefore it is suggested you not bother with such weapons to remain as effective as possible" and so on.

Or better yet "Tenno, you are infiltrating an enemy stronghold that will be actively scanning for XYZ unauthorized Weaponry that will initiate the Bases' Automatic Self-Destruct Protocols, therefore it is suggested you not bother with such weapons to be able to complete the necessary objectives". Would therefore be nice to force such things on the enemy, but that is the basic idea.

20 hours ago, MystMan said:

Ok I'm bumping this back up to point out that it is not possible to use Ballistica in today's bow-only sortie 3.  Either that was never possible or, if it did, that was a bug.

I am on vacation, so not able to play.   It may have been a bug, in which case, that is to bad as they are very distinctly bows.