Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek vs vaykor hek

GennaPetrovich

Is it worth to farm all the syndicate points to get vaykor hek? I mean there is scattered justice mod (i already have it) for regular hek, but I don't know how good is it compared to vaykor hek. So which is better? Or maybe vaykor hek isnjust a sidegrade with more ammo and crit ?

8 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

Regular hek is better until you have Primed Point Blank enter the equation. Then no matter what. Vaykor Hek beats it.

That makes no sense, Primed Point Blank is a damage increase for both weapons in the same ratio.

To the OP...

The regular Hek (with Scattered Justice) is better early on, but as you start investing forma into both weapons the Vaykor Hek overtakes it and becomes the stronger weapon.

23 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

I have both.  For most players, Hek with Scattered Justice is better.  If you have a fully ranked Prime Ravage, Vaykor Hek is better.

10 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

Regular hek is better until you have Primed Point Blank enter the equation. Then no matter what. Vaykor Hek beats it.

No, I don't have these mods. I'll better stick to regural hek. But what about marelok and vaykor marelok? Is syndicate version plain better?

6 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

That makes no sense, Primed Point Blank is a damage increase for both weapons in the same ratio.

To the OP...

The regular Hek (with Scattered Justice) is better early on, but as you start investing forma into both weapons the Vaykor Hek overtakes it and becomes the stronger weapon.

He meant Primed Ravage probably. Vaykor Hek has 25% crit chance, Hek has only 10%.  

Edited by aligatorno

All weapons are worth getting at some point, just for the mastery if nothing else.

I'd put a potato on Hek and use that for now but don't worry about putting forma into it unless you have some to spare, get the Vaykor Hek once you've got your hands on Primed Ravage.

I'd also look at the Lex Prime instead of the Vaykor Marelok, it's one of the easier primes to get, although the Vaykor Marelok is a very good weapon.

2 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I'd also look at the Lex Prime instead of the Vaykor Marelok, it's one of the easier primes to get, although the Vaykor Marelok is a very good weapon.

I just like marelok design and how it feels (i tried out regular version) more than lex prime (tried this one too)

Vaykor Hek has better crits, so if you have a Primed point Blank and a primed Ravage to make the most of that, it's pretty great. you also get double mag capacity (8 rounds over the standard Hek's 4) and the Syndicate Proc heals you. it's often a go-to weapon for Grineer Sorties. more of a Tigris guy myself, but nobody can deny the truth: Vaykor Hek is some SERIOUS firepower!

glad to hear you like the Marelok too, it's a very nice pistol, and while I prefer Lex prime (which is now AkLex Prime, hell yeah!), Vaykor Marelok is another hard-hitter. wanting a Twin Marelok for double flip-cocking action!

I don't know where this idea is coming from that (Primed) Point Blank has any relationship to crits.

Replacing a maxed Point Blank (+90%) with a maxed Primed Point Blank (+165%) will increase your overall damage output by 39.5% (265/190).

Whether your weapon has 0% crit, 100% crit, or anything in between makes no difference to that at all.

• 1 month later...

Vaykor Hek is objectively superior to Hek for Damage even without Primed Ravage.
will deal slightly more Damage per Shot plus the higher Rate of Fire, shorter Reload, and larger Magazine. and then add Primed Ravage.

Hek will be very consistent though, you won't get shots here and there that happen to deal very poor Damage, which is worth noting though i don't think it's a worry between the Mag/Reload/RoF.
with the extra Multi-shot, Hek has a little bit of Status though. but neither is really a Status Shotgun...

Edited by taiiat

to be honest up until level 60, both hek's regardless of crit/multishot bonuses are going to oneshot your enemy per shot.

so the only noticeable difference up to then is the fact that the vaykor comes with 8 shots which means you spend less time reloading. I'd give it to the vaykor hek