Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ovtavia? Really?

CuteFoxyFox

It's too long and too on-the-nose, if I'm being candid.

They had so many other suggestions that were either more imaginative, more thematically interesting, or at least snappier.

"Octavia" tumbles heavily off the tongue and falls in a wet, tepid heap upon the air. I guess I'll just call her "bard" like I was before.

Just now, notlamprey said:

They had so many other suggestions that were either more imaginative, more thematically interesting, or at least snappier.

"Octavia" tumbles heavily off the tongue and falls in a wet, tepid heap upon the air. I guess I'll just call her "bard" like I was before.

yeah, could've been a better suiting name

5 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

fandom noone should talk about secretly rejoiced

2 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

Octavia_Clapping.gif

I, for one, welcome our new musical Warframe overlord.

i forseen this, where's my cookie

Edited by Pro3Display

11 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

Octave is one of the basic units of measurement in musical theory. It means a distance of 8 notes (or 12 chromatic notes) and it's also a distance between same notes (becuz there's 7 repeating notes, you know). The name looks quite suitable.

They could have named her Semitonia, or even Lydia, Frigia, Mixolidya, Eolica, Jonica, Dorica, Locria, because of the seven greek modes. 

But octavia is great!!! x'DDD. She will be my must used frame. Octavia Sánchez hahaha

Edited by AntoninDvorak

4 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

No offense but literally every time a warframe name is revealed someone apparently needs to say this.

Wether you consider it 'imaginative' or 'snappy', well that is rather subjective. This may not be your preference but that obiously doesn't apply to others, and DE chose the name this time so they felt it was a rather fitting name, mind you to me it makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

Why shouldn't folks not talk about stuff? Because people enjoy things you don't like? Eh, don't be a hater. Roll with what life gives ya.

Plus, if we got a name, we're probably going to get it soon. :)

i didn't say i don't like it, neither that i do. 

Edited by Pro3Display

6 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Equal amount of syllables to Excalibur, do you feel the same about him?

(Not trying to be hostile, legitimate question)

I do, but it's mitigated to a certain degree by the fact that he's (non-canonically) "the first," and because of what I know about DE's past work with Dark Sector.

I'm willing to excuse it, but it's part of the reason I don't really use him at all. I feel the same way about Titania.

1 minute ago, RahuHordika said:

No offense but literally every time a warframe name is revealed someone apparently needs to say this.

Wether you consider it 'imaginative' or 'snappy', well that is rather subjective. This may not be your preference but that obiously doesn't apply to others, and DE chose the name this time so they felt it was a rather fitting name, mind you to me it makes sense.

Maybe they'll find a way to make it seem less hamhanded in the context of the quest, but we had wonderful suggestions like "Locria" from the community.

The Locrian Mode is a neat concept that would have dovetailed wonderfully with "orokin space-magic warrior who weaponizes music," but oh well.